News NZXT H1 is new SFF case that includes 650w SFX and 140mm AIO

Interesting new case from NZXT. The price is high at $350 but does come with bundled 650W SFX power supply and 140mm AIO. I don't think it's a fit for most of us here but in nice to see a "mass market" vendor deliver interesting, nicely designed SFF cases.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Lol, I just came over to the forums after watching this:

Another thing to consider when thinking of the pricing, it also includes the PCIe riser cable assembly...

A 13.6 liter mass market SFF chassis, not a bad thing...!

Maybe when(ever) AMD drops the AM5 socket...!

the1q

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2019
Yea I agree, good step for the SFF market. I actually have a NZXT H200 and while it's huge for SFF I like it. I can run 240mm for CPU and 120mm AIO for GPU for my gaming rig. I have the Lone L5 for my hackintosh.

Reactions: Odd_Fox

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
These things need to sell. The TG is useless though.
I’d like to see NZXT move on from TG as well. There seems to be enough happening with forming mesh for NZXT to make the switch while keeping their design appeal.
Yea I agree, good step for the SFF market. I actually have a NZXT H200 and while it's huge for SFF I like it. I can run 240mm for CPU and 120mm AIO for GPU for my gaming rig. I have the Lone L5 for my hackintosh.
Another H200 user here, been thinking about your setup for my build, do you have an album anywhere?

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I hope that they offer a "mesh" version, or maybe someone can make a mesh front panel addon. I think that would solve 99% of the issues with the case.

This case isn't for me, and it's probably not for a good chunk of folks on this forum. But I'm SUPER EXCITED that it exists. There's a ton of people who might want a very small PC but are intimidated by the complexity, and this removes 75% of it. And for folks trying to downsize from a larger case, you buy this kit and an ITX motherboard and you're done (unless your GPU is enormous).

For SFF nerds like us, we'd probably be happier with a Velka 5 or a Sliger SV590 if we really want a vertical case, especially since we probably already own an SFX PSU and low profile coolers. But for the average person looking to downsize, I agree with Ali here: very exiting case, I just wish the front panel was mesh.

Can you drill holes in tempered glass??

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Glad to see a big case manufacturer really throw their hat in the SFF game, but I've got some really mixed thoughts on this one.

Starting with the pricing, I really don't think it's good value. All things considered, you can get an SG13, a 600W or 650W SFX PSU, and a 120mm AIO like Arctic's latest one and save a litre in size and rouughly £90-£100. I also don't think it's really space efficient at all considering the NCase is a similar overall volume and fits a 240mm AIO, and a full triple slot GPU as apposed to a 140mm AIO and a 2.5 slot GPU.

It is however, a fairly good looking case, and it's a big change from the comparatively massive H200. I can see a lot of appeal in this for a first time builder given it eases a lot of the installation steps. Despite the potential GPU temp issues, i hope it sells nicely and gets more people into SFF PCs.

raidenfreeman

Case Bender
New User
Oct 18, 2019
I preordered 4 days ago the NCase M1. This case costs the same as it will cost me to import the M1 (I can get the H1 for 290 and the M1 will cost me 280 euros at least), and also includes a PSU and an AIO, so the price is way better in the NZXT.

In addition, I have a lot of vertical space, but little horizontal, so a vertically oriented SFF case is ideal for me.

Could you convince me to keep the M1 and not cancel it for the H1?

Positives of the M1:
* 3x 2.5" (less likely to use all 3 + m.2, but on my current desktop I have 8 HDDs)
* 240mm AIO support (seeing the CPU temps in the H1 I'm not too worried about the AIO, but still 240 is better)
* Greater GPU compatibility
* Aluminium / build quality
* best temps in the SFF market
* no PCie riser - less chance of black screens / points of failure

Positives of the H1:
* looks
* space on the desk
* cost
* CPU temps are good enough (lower does not offer much advantage except HW longevity)
* GPU temps are ok-ish, I was expecting way worse (Evolv Shift anyone?), and I won't put in anything over the TDP of a 2070 Super, with undervolting I believe it's going to perform fine

Honestly I really want to get the H1, but I don't know enough about SFF (this will be my first SFF build) to estimate which case will be best. I'm planning a build with a 3800X or 3950X, and a 2070 Super or equivalent (maybe ampere by the time the case arrives), so not the highest TDP possible. Money is not an issue, but lower is always better :p My heavy workloads will be gaming, and software dev (so at worst a few docker instances, and IDE and many many browser tabs), given that, CPU and GPU will never be stressed at the same time, so thermals will be less of an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: dealda

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I preordered 4 days ago the NCase M1. This case costs the same as it will cost me to import the M1 (I can get the H1 for 290 and the M1 will cost me 280 euros at least), and also includes a PSU and an AIO, so the price is way better in the NZXT.

In addition, I have a lot of vertical space, but little horizontal, so a vertically oriented SFF case is ideal for me.

Could you convince me to keep the M1 and not cancel it for the H1?

Positives of the M1:
* 3x 2.5" (less likely to use all 3 + m.2, but on my current desktop I have 8 HDDs)
* 240mm AIO support (seeing the CPU temps in the H1 I'm not too worried about the AIO, but still 240 is better)
* Greater GPU compatibility
* Aluminium / build quality
* best temps in the SFF market
* no PCie riser - less chance of black screens / points of failure

Positives of the H1:
* looks
* space on the desk
* cost
* CPU temps are good enough (lower does not offer much advantage except HW longevity)
* GPU temps are ok-ish, I was expecting way worse (Evolv Shift anyone?), and I won't put in anything over the TDP of a 2070 Super, with undervolting I believe it's going to perform fine

Honestly I really want to get the H1, but I don't know enough about SFF (this will be my first SFF build) to estimate which case will be best. I'm planning a build with a 3800X or 3950X, and a 2070 Super or equivalent (maybe ampere by the time the case arrives), so not the highest TDP possible. Money is not an issue, but lower is always better :p My heavy workloads will be gaming, and software dev (so at worst a few docker instances, and IDE and many many browser tabs), given that, CPU and GPU will never be stressed at the same time, so thermals will be less of an issue.
I think you will have more fun with the M1, and so far nobody except reviewers who got the case ahead of time under embargo have actually used or reviewed the case. I would wait to order the H1 until we get more community feedback. Not to diss any of the Youtubers or other reviewers and their experience, but often times there are small things which get noticed that reviewers can miss only using the case for a little bit.

The 240 CLC in the NCase M1 will be better for CPU temps and noise, plus you have more options to pick rather than being forced to get a 140mm Apaltek AIO (not Asetek, so like the NZXT M22 design). From a GPU standpoint you can also choose thicker (and thus quieter) cards.

That said, if this is your first SFFPC and you are intimidated by the build process, the H1 looks like it makes it pretty easy with only a few compromises.

Reactions: raidenfreeman

winterbegins

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 11, 2020
Starting with the pricing, I really don't think it's good value. All things considered, you can get an SG13, a 600W or 650W SFX PSU, and a 120mm AIO like Arctic's latest one and save a litre in size and rouughly £90-£100. I also don't think it's really space efficient at all considering the NCase is a similar overall volume and fits a 240mm AIO, and a full triple slot GPU as apposed to a 140mm AIO and a 2.5 slot GPU.

Dont forget the riser cable in the H1. But i agree with the triple slot GPU - this case is for SFF beginners but they still have to worry about GPU dimensions. That 1-1,5cm (half inch) more wouldnt have hurt.

Reactions: owliwar

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
The added volume is needed to hide the cables or else you can see the cables exiting above the case like an afterthought. This case is good so that people can finally build.sffpc. I just hope they move towards selling it bare and solid panel option (it will help on the temps besides nothing can be seen on the TG)

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
It's clear that the H1 is aimed at the upper-mainstream market and not enthusiasts who like to tweak and overclock stuff. The bundle makes planning and building in a compact case much easier for them. TG doesn't make sense for thermals but that is not the point. It retains their design language and it sells. A lot. GPU temps aren't great but not terrible. For many people, including many of my friends, as long as the gaming PC runs fine and looks nice, they are all for it.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Looks great and for me the draw of SFF is footprint so kudos to NZXT tbh.
Also not having to think about cooling is a nice addition (even if thermals arent the greatest).
Personally I am happy with the options I have in front of me, however had this popped up when I refreshed my PC and got back into SFF, this may have been the case I would have gone for coming from a Silverstone Fortress FT03 Matx build I did in 2008ish