News NZXT H1 is new SFF case that includes 650w SFX and 140mm AIO

Interesting new case from NZXT. The price is high at $350 but does come with bundled 650W SFX power supply and 140mm AIO. I don't think it's a fit for most of us here but in nice to see a "mass market" vendor deliver interesting, nicely designed SFF cases.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I would guess at least 80-90mm clearance. Assuming the AIO is 25+25 plus it only had clearance issues with tall ram.

Reactions: Nanook

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
This is a hard no from me until they sell it without the kit. I’m also not thrilled about the airflow. It really needs an exhaust fan in its current configuration.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I like the looks of it. Wish they sold case only. Also wish that they made a vented non TG version.

Reactions: rfarmer

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
This is a hard no from me until they sell it without the kit. I’m also not thrilled about the airflow. It really needs an exhaust fan in its current configuration.

It definitely needs some exhaust for sure. A fan exhausting out the top would have been nice, but it would have changed the layout a bunch I think.

Reactions: winterbegins

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
It had issues with the Dominator Plats but not the Trident Z DIMMs according to HWCanucks
And trident Z is not low profile. Google search gave me measurement of 44mm which is not exactly low profile (irc, bare ram at around 30mm, ballistic or LPX are in the 31 to 33mm height)

Reactions: Soul_Est

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It's great to see a mainstream case manufacturer finally make a proper SFF case. Sure, it's "large" compared to other sandwich designs, but it's still quite small. The bundle isn't for me, but it's smart for ... not-advanced builders who aren't used to watching out for every single component clearance in their build. And the value is surprisingly good - a small, well-built ITX sandwich case with a riser is difficult to find below $200, and on top of that you get a powerful PSU and a $80-ish AIO included. Not bad at all. I really hope this catches on, and that other OEMs decide to compete here. Though I do wish they had skipped the oddly placed TG (who wants to see their riser cable and the side of their AIO anyhow?) and instead put some mesh there.

Jetpaction

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2020
Just the bare case would be more interesting to the majority of the members here I believe. I wonder if NZXT would find it worth the investment to offer this. It perhaps would offer more customisation options in terms of radiator and fan placement.

Having said that, I'd LOVE it if Fractal Design would follow suit with a similar take but with their Meshify panels for that excellent airflow. I would buy such a case from them Day 1.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
can anyone tell how much air cooler height is in there if the AIO is removed?

On the videos the corsair dominator with 55mm does not fit but with gskill trident 44mm is does. The max ram height with AIO should be ~48mm. From RAM to Motherboard-PCB it is ~2mm. So we have 50mm - 8mm for socket with CPU = 42mm + 25mm fan + 30mm radiator = 97mm.

So it is ~97mm for CPU heatsinks.

winterbegins

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 11, 2020
It definitely needs some exhaust for sure. A fan exhausting out the top would have been nice, but it would have changed the layout a bunch I think.

I would say that a fan on top could have been done without altering the case too much. Just make a hole in the base frame and make that slide over part vented at the top. Add more clearance for a fan underneath and mount a fan.
Only downside would be that you would have to remove the connector everytime, but the Corsair One (where this H1 draws a lot of inspiration from) is no different.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
can anyone tell how much air cooler height is in there if the AIO is removed?
Roughly 100mm assuming the radiator is 30mm thick.

30mm rad, 25mm fan, and clearance for 44~mm tall RAM.
On the videos the corsair dominator with 55mm does not fit but with gskill trident 44mm is does. The max ram height with AIO should be ~48mm. From RAM to Motherboard-PCB it is ~2mm. So we have 50mm - 8mm for socket with CPU = 42mm + 25mm fan + 30mm radiator = 97mm.

So it is ~97mm for CPU heatsinks.

Possibly an extra couple mm too seeing as there’s a fan grill too.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Nanook

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I would say that a fan on top could have been done without altering the case too much. Just make a hole in the base frame and make that slide over part vented at the top. Add more clearance for a fan underneath and mount a fan.
Only downside would be that you would have to remove the connector everytime, but the Corsair One (where this H1 draws a lot of inspiration from) is no different.

That is true. Wouldn’t the PSU block some of that air tho? I think the PSU at the bottom with the fan at the top exhausting would have been a good choice too.

winterbegins

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 11, 2020
Well sometimes information slips through.

That is true. Wouldn’t the PSU block some of that air tho? I think the PSU at the bottom with the fan at the top exhausting would have been a good choice too.

That is better indeed. You would also eliminate the need for a PSU extension cable inside the case.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
That is better indeed. You would also eliminate the need for a PSU extension cable inside the case.
...but you would instead force the motherboard I/O to the top of the case, meaning either another chamber on top to hide cables, or a bunch of fugly cables sticking out the top like a set of poorly groomed dreadlocks. Or I guess you could have internal extensions for every single rear I/O layout possible running down to the bottom; that sounds like a great idea. Yeah, no, that layout wouldn't work.

the1q

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2019
I’d like to see NZXT move on from TG as well. There seems to be enough happening with forming mesh for NZXT to make the switch while keeping their design appeal.

Another H200 user here, been thinking about your setup for my build, do you have an album anywhere?

I've been too lazy to take pics of it. I'll see if I can take a few later tonight.

Reactions: Odd_Fox

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I like this tall tower look of this case. The shape and proportion are quite appealing.
I agree that the front TG is for looks only (especially for those who like RGB vomit), at the expense of ventilation (of the GPU). This basically fits NZXT's design line. If it has a mesh vented front panel as an option, it would be much better.

Thermal of SSD is not going to be pretty. The M.2 on top of the motherboard will not receive most effective cool ambient air (but by slightly warmed air which went through the radiator). The M.2 on the back of the motherboard will suffer more significantly. Its location will have zero airflow.

Perhaps the depth of the case can be increased by ~25mm to allow an installation of a pair of 140mm fans at the back for exhaust. This will make the total volume going up to 15.3L. Thermal of CPU, GPU and M.2 SSDs should improve quite a bit. I personally would not mind the volume changes from 13.5 to 15.3L.

Overall, very good to see NZXT making such an excellent entry in SFF.
I read that, if the demand is high, NZXT will offer to sell this case separately.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Nanook

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
And trident Z is not low profile. Google search gave me measurement of 44mm which is not exactly low profile (irc, bare ram at around 30mm, ballistic or LPX are in the 31 to 33mm height)
Trident Z is the standard of a normal RGB ram, the dominator series are just too flamboyant.

winterbegins

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 11, 2020
...but you would instead force the motherboard I/O to the top of the case, meaning either another chamber on top to hide cables, or a bunch of fugly cables sticking out the top like a set of poorly groomed dreadlocks. Or I guess you could have internal extensions for every single rear I/O layout possible running down to the bottom; that sounds like a great idea. Yeah, no, that layout wouldn't work.

You could also rotate the motherboard I/O and the PSU to face the back =

Reactions: Soul_Est