News NVIDIA launches GeForce RTX 2060 with 12GB and TU106-300 GPU, overpriced gaming GPU for miners

It is official. No Founders Edition variant. No official MSRP. And wonder of wonders it is only like 2nd in efficiency to like a 5700XT. According to Linus Tech Tips, no samples were even sent to tech press for review...read: because it is a GPU for miners.

Fear not, if you're a scalper or a miner your bot farm scored some.

• Sad
Reactions: Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'm glad I picked up my TUF 2060 for NZ$629 (US$427 today or about the same back then) in June 2020. Jeeez :|

Another positive - I have a current gen GPU again, at no further outlay!!

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I'm glad I picked up my TUF 2060 for NZ$629 (US$427 today or about the same back then) in June 2020. Jeeez :|

Another positive - I have a current gen GPU again, at no further outlay!!

I'll be setting up a portal later for existing RTX 2060 owners to download the additional VRAM at a modest price...

• Haha
Reactions: confusis

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
On this week's The WAN Show, it was said by a manufacturer that the 16Gb GDDR6 chips (16Gbit / 8 = 2GByte --> * 6 = 12GB) are more widely available.

I still think that this is a mining card, we'll only see these reach the market when Ethereum crashes into the ground and large mining companies dump these on eBay. It was almost useless for RT usage and more RAM doesn't make them any faster where it matters.