Closed Noctua NH-U9S with dual NF-B9 Redux 92mm PWM fans, $50 shipped [WA,USA]

Up for sale is a Noctua NH-U9S 92mm CPU cooler with dual Noctua NF-B9 Redux 92mm 1600RPM PWM fans. This combination cooled my 7600K at 5.0 GHz quietly in my NCase M1. The Redux fans offer a great alternative to the traditional Noctua brown color scheme while still keeping the high quality and silence Noctua is known for. The nickel-plated copper base is in excellent condition and has been cleaned and prepped with ArctiClean so it's ready for the next owner to mount up. Pay my asking price and I will include a FREE PWM splitter to run the fans off of the same motherboard fan header!

SOLD!

Last edited:

brainberry24

Case Bender
Apr 7, 2019
did you have anything else (fan wise) in your M1?

Im interested in this exact cooler config(with black fans)

Would this cpu cooler suffice or will i need other fans under the gpu(2.5 slot gagabyte 2080 3 fan)

You also mentioned needing a AM4 bracket. Would anyone work or do I need a noctua specific one?

Dynamite

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Apr 20, 2018
In my personal M1, I have another NH-U9S with two Noctua NF-A9 PWM blowing to the rear and two Phanteks PH-F120MP fans exhausting under my Asus Strix 1080ti (fans and shroud removed) with another PH-F120MP mounted as intake on the vented panel.

I'm not too familiar with the Gigabyte 2080 but if it is 2.5 slot and the shroud and fans can be easily removed, I highly recommend mounting 25mm fans in exhaust under the GPU to keep the heat from rising into the CPU. Another option would be an aftermarket GPU heat sink like the Accelero III or Raijintek Morpheus II, again with fans underneath exhausting. In general this case can intake fresh air passively much better than it can exhaust heat passively, so a higher amount of exhaust flow is better for temps all around.

With intake from below the GPU, I think the ideal orientation is 92mm intake from the rear (or mounted on the U9S), a second 92mm fan mounted in pull on the front of the U9S, and 120mm exhaust fan on the vented panel, if you have one. See post #27743 from M1AF on this very informative thread on Hardforum: https://hardforum.com/threads/ncase...x-case-updates-in-first-post.1717132/page-694

As for the AM4 bracket, you will need one from specifically from Noctua for the U9S, but they can send one to you (usually free of charge, but via international shipping) if you request it from them. They are also available on Amazon for <$10 if you want it quickly.