News Noctua Introduces 120x15 A-series fans - Finally!

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Because seemingly making slim pressure-optimized fans isn't that easy.

I have a pair of 92mm x 15mm fans being delivered from Yate Loon this week that are specced at 2.2 to 2.6mmH2O, so I don't think it's that hard to make a slim pressure optimized fan. Hopefully Noctua has plans to release a more static pressure optimized in the future as well.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Can someone please greyscale the photo so I can pretend they released a Redux version of the fan?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Can anybody think of top down cpu heatsink that would fit in some itx case, by gaining this 1CM of free space?

The Noctua NH-C14 cooler is highly sought-after by Ncase M1 case owners, but it is discontinued. The replacement is the NH-C14S which has a 5 mm taller heatsink (110 mm vs. 105 mm). M1 case owners have found that a slim fan on top of the heatsink fits in the 130 mm height limit of their case, so this new fan from Noctua will be another option.

I

Ionrent

Other possible uses are underslung on a NH‑L12 heatsink in a Lone L4 case (low profile DDR4 required?), replacement fan for some of the Silverstone SFX-L power supplies, and maybe for bottom mounted slim radiators in an NCASE M1. However, it remains to be seen if the fan can handle high static pressure applications.

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
I'm probably going to use this one to cool my zotac GTX 1070 post shroud and fan removal in my upcoming S4 Mini build. Should be interesting...

Let us know how that works out. Very interested in what temps and sound level you will get as i am contemplating the very same solution for my S4 build once it arrives in July.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I have a pair of 92mm x 15mm fans being delivered from Yate Loon this week that are specced at 2.2 to 2.6mmH2O, so I don't think it's that hard to make a slim pressure optimized fan. Hopefully Noctua has plans to release a more static pressure optimized in the future as well.
Let me know how those Yates sounds vs the 14 on the L9i I'd like to have a black fan over an ugly puke brown

Germanese

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2017
They need to make a Dark and Light Grey version like the OEM fans they have !!!
People would be all over them !!!

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
No, alas they are not. Sterrox, the new plastic, isn't due for some time :(