NFC S4 Mini - 8700k / 1080

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 1, 2017
Decided to switch out my 7700k system in favor of the 8700k. Not sure what number case this is as I have 3 of them and I can't remember where I put the SN cards :(

Still need to clean clean up and shorten the wires, redo the power switch to match the rest of the wires, and figure out how I'm going to watercool it, although I'm happy with the temps with this cooler - Haven't done any real testing, but currently it idles at 27-30C and under load playing Destiny 2 I get about 47C.

I'll keep adding to this thread as I start tweaking the bios, stress tests, and water-cooling setup.

System specs
Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-iTX/ac
CPU: Intel 8700k
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
GPU: Zotac 1080 Mini
CPU Cooler: Titan Noctua NF-A12x15
Thermal Paste: Noctia NT H1
PSU: G-Unique XMAS Limited Edition with Dell Ultimate Power Brick

Last edited:

alexmcdouchebag

Chassis Packer
Oct 11, 2017
Looking to get the same setup in my S4 Mini, would you be able to fit that CPU Cooler+Fan combo in a case with high profile ram like the RGB Trident sticks?

Test Kit

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2017
I am really intrigued by the idea of water cooling this. Let me know how it goes (should be a bit easier in the S4M as opposed to the S4M-C

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 1, 2017
Wouah dual ups, dual S4 mini..that's a profesional installation!
GG!

Thanks! I like everything to match! I actually have 3 S4 mini Classics.

This the cooler you used? How're the temps idle and under load on the i7-8700k?

http://www.titan-cd.com/en/product/...-Support-Intel-LGA-2066/TTC-NC75TZ_PW_RB.html

I used this http://www.titan-cd.com/en/product/...and-1.5U-Height-TDP-130W/TTC-NC25-Series.html . It currently idles anywhere from 27-30C and the only real load I have put on the system is playing Destiny 2. It peaked at 64 yesterday playing for about 4 hours.

Love how it looks in the rack!

Thanks!

Looking to get the same setup in my S4 Mini, would you be able to fit that CPU Cooler+Fan combo in a case with high profile ram like the RGB Trident sticks?

The cooler would fit, but the ram probably not if you use a 120MM fan. I would fit with a the 92mm Noctua fan.

I am really intrigued by the idea of water cooling this. Let me know how it goes (should be a bit easier in the S4M as opposed to the S4M-C

My original plan was turn one of my spare S4 cases into a radiator and pump enclosure, but Im going to try and stuff a water-cooling setup in the case itself.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Issue is that destiny 2 is a low cpu user..:)

We are seeing more and more games that are using cpu (mass effect andromeda, assassins creed origins, etc).

Reactions: Julio Espinosa

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
Decided to switch out my 7700k system in favor of the 8700k. Not sure what number case this is as I have 3 of them and I can't remember where I put the SN cards :(

Still need to clean clean up and shorten the wires, redo the power switch to match the rest of the wires, and figure out how I'm going to watercool it, although I'm happy with the temps with this cooler - Haven't done any real testing, but currently it idles at 27-30C and under load playing Destiny 2 I get about 47C.

I'll keep adding to this thread as I start tweaking the bios, stress tests, and water-cooling setup.

System specs
Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-iTX/ac
CPU: Intel 8700k
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
GPU: Zotac 1080 Mini
CPU Cooler: Titan Noctua NF-A12x15
Thermal Paste: Noctia NT H1
PSU: G-Unique XMAS Limited Edition with Dell Ultimate Power Brick

Nice cooler set up. Preform better than the L9? Also does it have am4 support?

Last edited:

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Does this connect to a projector somewhere? (Yes I am fishing for photos) the setup is so nice I am curious about what it looks like on the business end.