News New Ryzen Deep-ITX board from Asrock

ASRock's making another slightly long ITX server board but this time in B550, to go with their existing EPYC board. Looks potentially interesting for compact NAS builds particularly; built in 2x10g (on a good chipset, even), 2xM.2, 4xSATA (plus however many you pull off the PCIE slot with a HBA, as you don't need that for networking), and 4 DIMM slots. Also supports 12V DC-in, so potentially could get some pretty compact power supplies going there.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
@dondan - Would this work in your C4-SFX case?

---

So anyone want to take a guess with how this could work as a workstation setup?
I'm seeing 2 M.2's and an OCuLink port, there are options here. Seeing a USB 3.0 header, but no 2.0.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This seems to fit the Silverstone CS01-HS case but it will require an HBA card for attaching all the drives.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
So just had a further look at the M.2 slots, they are stacked on top of one another. The top one is a PCIE 4.0 x4 and the bottom one is a PCIE 3.0 x2. No word on what the OCuLink port is.

Think there would be enough room to fit one of these in the Gen 3 slot?

Could be an easy way of adding onboard wifi.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@dondan - Would this work in your C4-SFX case?

---

So anyone want to take a guess with how this could work as a workstation setup?
I'm seeing 2 M.2's and an OCuLink port, there are options here. Seeing a USB 3.0 header, but no 2.0.
3x usb2.0 headers below the usb3 header :)

No audio onboard means you lose a port for DAC.

Root_User

Efficiency Noob
Mar 30, 2021
Any thoughts on what cases this board might fit well with, if we're looking for one expansion slot and 125mm-high CPU cooler compatibility?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Looks like it uses the same Intel 115X "threaded" heatsink mounting solution they used on the X570 industrial board. The backplate with threaded inserts is epoxied to the motherboard from what I've read.

Some people successfully modded screws to mount Noctua HS and I can recall of AIO that uses screws compatible with the backplate, but it's worth double checking.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Looks like it uses the same Intel 115X "threaded" heatsink mounting solution they used on the X570 industrial board. The backplate with threaded inserts is epoxied to the motherboard from what I've read.

Some people successfully modded screws to mount Noctua HS and I can recall of AIO that uses screws compatible with the backplate, but it's worth double checking.
I didn't notice the integrated cooler backplate... so what coolers are actually supposed to fit into that? I'm assuming there must be coolers with spring-tensioned screws you're supposed to screw into the holes?

Looks like Dynatron coolers will work: https://www.dynatron.co/product-page/t06

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I didn't notice the integrated cooler backplate... so what coolers are actually supposed to fit into that? I'm assuming there must be coolers with spring-tensioned screws you're supposed to screw into the holes?

Looks like Dynatron coolers will work: https://www.dynatron.co/product-page/t06

Pretty much. AsrockRack has a listing on their X570D4I-2T board page: https://www.asrockrack.com/support/CPUCooler/X570D4I-2T.pdf. It has only 2 references but I assume that any LGA115X server heatsink with spring-tensioned screws will do.

olbi

Efficiency Noob
Aug 1, 2019
ASRock, as usual, is ahead of the pack with interesting processors for professional applications XD

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
See this thread for an overview:
Meanwell makes a bunch

Also the Pico is a DC->ATX PSU, which is not required here. You just need a 12V AC->DC rectifier. This could be an external brick or it could be an internal device.