News ASRock Rack ROMED4ID-2T Deep-ITX

Behold, the much requested EYPC 7002 (not quite) ITX board! The ROMED4ID-2T!

Well, it's the new Deep-ITX form factor, not to be confused with DTX.

Plus you will need a few of these for those slimline U.2 cables:

The board is covered in Slimline SAS PCIe 4.0 x8 (SFF-8654) ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and Arboreal

mknrls

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2019
Finally got my board from pc-canada.com!! Was only a 3weeks wait 🔥

vluft

programmer-at-arms
Jun 19, 2016
Back in stock on newegg again (don't buy from the chinese seller, who is definitely a scam); also ran across this adapter which... should work for splitting the SlimSAS outputs on the board into 2x u.2 slots each. I'll probably give it a try. I'm currently stuck waiting for my CPU, as shipping time for that has slipped to be a few months out. I guess I can sleeve some power cables meanwhile or something...

I've been spending a bit of time looking for PSU options, but ultimately in 12V land I've not been able to find anything that ends up being more compact than an SFX supply for the 700W I need (7443P + RX 6800 XT); HP Common Slot server PSUs save a bit of volume but probably not more than 100ml once you get your wiring in, and of course they have those 40mm screamers, which are probably avoidable if you massively overspec and grab a 1200W one, but I figure I'll just go for the SF750 now and maybe try something else later if I feel like it.

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Back in stock on newegg again (don't buy from the chinese seller, who is definitely a scam); also ran across this adapter which... should work for splitting the SlimSAS outputs on the board into 2x u.2 slots each. I'll probably give it a try. I'm currently stuck waiting for my CPU, as shipping time for that has slipped to be a few months out. I guess I can sleeve some power cables meanwhile or something...

I've been spending a bit of time looking for PSU options, but ultimately in 12V land I've not been able to find anything that ends up being more compact than an SFX supply for the 700W I need (7443P + RX 6800 XT); HP Common Slot server PSUs save a bit of volume but probably not more than 100ml once you get your wiring in, and of course they have those 40mm screamers, which are probably avoidable if you massively overspec and grab a 1200W one, but I figure I'll just go for the SF750 now and maybe try something else later if I feel like it.

If you are not afraid of heavy customization, this (and also mine as a replica) builds have modified 800W Supermicro PWS-804P-1R 12V PSUs which run reasonably quiet and have a great efficiency.

Reactions: Phuncz and mknrls

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Wondering if there's any cheap EYPC CPU's that you could use of Ebay or Aliexpress for this motherboard seeing as a far amount of time has passed?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
If buying used, be sure to check if it is not vendor locked.
Always got to find a way for more e-waste? I mean I can understand the security aspect, but this just seems a waste.

And here was me hoping it would be like Intel's X79 or X99...

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Generally after 5-10 years there a lot more server CPUs left without motherboards to put them in because motherboards tend to fail a lot more, relatively.
It's just that you need to stick to a certain manufacturer if this feature is used. I also don't expect the amount of EPYC CPUs that can't find a board to go into is far outnumbered by any other CPU we talk about on this forum.