Discussion New PC running EXTREMLY Slow. Please help !!

martel80

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
So I just build myself a new mini PC SFF.

Here are the parts;

Now, for some reason the FireCuda 540 wont get recognized. I first tried to install Win 11 on it and it would fail everytime it would reach 23%. Now it doesnt even show up anymore.

So I connected 2 old 2,5'' SSD and installed Win 11 on one of them after formating it.

It's been a very long time since I build my last PC so I;m lost now and don't know what to look for or what to change to make it work better.

One thing I can say is that it's A LOT slower then my old i7-11800H laptop.

The maximum Temp I can reach in a Stress Test in Core Temp is 50 degrees celcius but in normal situation it's pretty much always at 40 degrees celcius.

Here's a screenshot of HWinfo if that can help.

I don't know where to go from here and would really appreciate if someone can bring some guidance.

It takes about 2-3 seconds for Windows Explorer to open up and the top banner take a second more when it pop up.

I will make all the test you want if that can help and edit this first thread.

I downloaded Cinebench to stress/benchmark it but ti's taking 2 hours and 30 minutes to extract the zip. There's obviously something that is not right.

Thank you for your help.

martel80

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
that sounds like a ram Issue. check the clocks and temps. maybe reseat it as well as the CPU
I did just that yesterday night and it didn't change a thing.

Is there a software that can test my RAM so we know thats the issue ?

martel80

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
that sounds like a ram Issue. check the clocks and temps. maybe reseat it as well as the CPU
I did that yesterday and it didnt change a thing.

I just finished running AMD Ryzen Master Curve Optimizer and was able to extract Cinebench in under 5 minutes. Thats still not fast enough. But I went from 2hours and 3 minutes extracting to under 5 minutes so there<s definitely something that is not quite right here with the CPU or the motherboard BIOS.

martel80

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
And how can I make sure that EXPO run without issues ?

I mean, my motherboard is AsROck DeskMini x600. Is it included in it or its a software I need to download ?

Gidilo

Caliper Novice
Nov 23, 2022
And how can I make sure that EXPO run without issues ?

I mean, my motherboard is AsROck DeskMini x600. Is it included in it or its a software I need to download ?
I also have an x600 deskmini and you can just choose the expo profile in bios. It either works and you get into windows or it doesn't and you have to clear CMOS. No need to download anything

martel80

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
I also have an x600 deskmini and you can just choose the expo profile in bios. It either works and you get into windows or it doesn't and you have to clear CMOS. No need to download anything
Can you please guide me as to where I would find this in the BIOS please ?

I have 4.03 installed.

Side note, I finished Cinebench CPU Single Core stress test with a score of 134 pts. It seems to be running properly and at the top of the benchmark.

When I started the Multi-core one, my whole screen went black and I had to hard reboot my PC.

martel80

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
I think it's shown in this

Ok, I found the profiles under OC Tweaker/ DRAM Profile Configuration.

Here are the profile available:
JDEC
XMP 1
XMP 2
XMP 3

EXPO 0 and EXPO 1 are blank and cannot be chosen.

I currently have XMP 2 chosen and the Frequency is 6000.

Gidilo

Caliper Novice
Nov 23, 2022
Ok, I found the profiles under OC Tweaker/ DRAM Profile Configuration.

Here are the profile available:
JDEC
XMP 1
XMP 2
XMP 3

EXPO 0 and EXPO 1 are blank and cannot be chosen.
You can just use xmp. It's basically the same. Go from lowest to highest clocks and check if it boots

martel80

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
Very good. And how does the system behave in terms of responsiveness and performance?
Since I ran the AMD Ryzen Master Curve Optimizer, it did cut in half the amount of time a Windows Explorer window take to pop up when I click on it in the task bar. But it still feel cloggy compared to my old burned laptop.

There<s something that is not right.

I just changed the profile to XMP 3 which is 5600mhz in frequency and it says on the 9700x page that its the maximum supported .

I will try to run a Cinebench Multi-thread Stress test again and see if my screen go black again.

Gidilo

Caliper Novice
Nov 23, 2022
Since I ran the AMD Ryzen Master Curve Optimizer, it did cut in half the amount of time a Windows Explorer window take to pop up when I click on it in the task bar. But it still feel cloggy compared to my old burned laptop.

There<s something that is not right.

I just changed the profile to XMP 3 which is 5600mhz in frequency and it says on the 9700x page that its the maximum supported .

I will try to run a Cinebench Multi-thread Stress test again and see if my screen go black again.
pretty much all current ryzen can do 6000 in 1:1. If RAM is okay it might be just a bad windows install. Have you installed the latest chipset drivers etc?

martel80

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
pretty much all current ryzen can do 6000 in 1:1. If RAM is okay it might be just a bad windows install. Have you installed the latest chipset drivers etc?
Yes I install all the drivers from the AsRock and AMD website.

Is there a software that would automaticly detect if I have the proper driver installed ?

By the way, I was able to run the Cinebench Multi-core stress test for about 1 minute until it crashed again. Now this time I was not high in the benchmark table and just up top a 5800x in terms of points.

Where should I go from here ?

Should I try the JDEC profile at 4800mhz and see if I can run the Multi-core stress test without crashing?