News New chinese cpu, waterblock-pump BARROW

Anyone know this brand? I wonder if this could fit in a NCASE as alternative for the Apogee 2, but' i can't find more infos.

http://www.barrowint.com/news/x/1607.html

Reactions: owliwar

Polaris1981

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2020
72mm tall with low profile fittings so it will be too tall for cases like the T1 and the Ghost but should give you just enough room in the Ncase.
Yup! should work for the M1. Even the Apogee Drive II would have been tough to get in the T1 or Ghost if you include the fittings. The Alphacool LT Solo still seems to be the best CPU/Pump Block option for cases with <70 mm clearance.

Nicholas Chapman

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2020
One of the comments underneath Ali’s video is that the AMD bracket is rotated 90 degrees, which I understand to mean that the ports are not at the top of the board - so not so easy clearance, routing and filling. Is anyone able to confirm?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
One of the comments underneath Ali’s video is that the AMD bracket is rotated 90 degrees, which I understand to mean that the ports are not at the top of the board - so not so easy clearance, routing and filling. Is anyone able to confirm?

My question is, will it fit on a Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX mobo...?

To me, it looks like it would be RIGHT up on the RAM, but still just clear...?

And yeah, I know that is not the C8I in the pic, just an example of how the AM4 bracket orients the unit...

Last edited:

watts_happening

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
Mine just arrived today after a wild ride to another metro area and back. Looks pretty good so far.

I chose the PWM option when checking out on aliexpress, but the cable actually has both a PWM connector and the rotary knob in addition to the molex. Anyone with more watercooling experience have some idea what that's about, and which one would actually control the pump speed? There was no manual included.

Still waiting for parts so may be a few days until I can actually test it.

watts_happening

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
I think I just answered my own question... found another Barrow pump on Amazon, and it has an image that says "clockwise enter manual mode, counterclockwise enter PWM mode."

Reactions: rfarmer

Phreno

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 24, 2020
I'm still holding on purchasing one, anyone using this in a NCASE m1 build? picture appreciated!

baserape

Efficiency Noob
Sep 27, 2020
Just installed today. At full speed I am still getting water trickling noise. Under 70% pump speed it goes away.

On first install, it was hitting the caps around my cpu socket keeping it from making full contact with the CPU. I had to drill out the bracket screws so I could shift it 1mm over to clear the caps.

Using the blackice gts240 with nf-f12 fans and barrow 90* fitting for the fill port.

Phreno

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 24, 2020
Thanks for your update, the height is perfect... but do you manage to close the top lid with that fill extension?

baserape

Efficiency Noob
Sep 27, 2020
Sadly the black ice 240gts is too tall for 15mm fans to fit in the bottom. Without fans in the bottom, my 7700k @ 5.1ghz and 5700xt oc are too much for one set of fans to cool.

Anyone know of a 25mm or less rad? The xspc tx240 seems impossible to find.

watts_happening

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
Here's a pic of my setup. Originally tried PE 240 rad, but it was so tight that the koolance fittings would have pressed into the fan slightly. Replaced it with a 240GTS and it fits fine. Also bleeding using the same clear tube method. The pump seems quiet, and is easy to run with a simple 12v molex PSU and the adjusting knob.

I can also confirm the pump block fits fine with an MSI Z490I. I did have slight interference with the capacitors as well, but just sliding the block slightly to the side was enough to get it to sit flat. There is enough play in the screws that no modification was required.

Going to use my air cooled 1650 for now until I can get a higher powered GPU and block, at which point I'll also add a TX240 in the bottom position.