News New chinese cpu, waterblock-pump BARROW

Anyone know this brand? I wonder if this could fit in a NCASE as alternative for the Apogee 2, but' i can't find more infos.

http://www.barrowint.com/news/x/1607.html

Reactions: owliwar

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I used a Barrow waterblock for my Inno3d RTX 2070 and quality was really good. This looks like a good option for the Ncase but would be too tall for cases like the Ghost and T1, looks to be at least 40mm to where the fittings attach.

Reactions: Phuncz

Phreno

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 24, 2020
The swiftech apogee 2 is 61,5mm tall and this one is 64,1mm, it definitely fits, but the real problem is the clearance for the fittings, the holes are too high.

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
Put this diagram in Illustrator, and was able to infer a measurement for the surface where fittings attach—looks to be 53mm, plus ~27mm for a standard 90º, which means a total height of 80mm.

With the low-profile Koolance fittings (19.5mm), you're at 73mm.

Looks like the ADII is still a better option? Huge bummer, considering how this bit of the design could have been either a) minimized in height; or b) made modular, like the manifold on many GPU blocks. ☹️

I originally posted this info with incorrect math in Discord. I've edited the message there.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Put this diagram in Illustrator, and was able to infer a measurement for the surface where fittings attach—looks to be 53mm, plus ~27mm for a standard 90º, which means a total height of 80mm.

Looks like the ADII is still a better option? Huge bummer, considering how this bit of the design could have been either a) minimized in height; or b) made modular, like the manifold on many GPU blocks. ☹

I originally posted this info with incorrect math in Discord. I've edited the message there.
Thanks for the measurement, even taller than I thought. 45mm would have been a much better number.

Reactions: fabio

Phreno

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 24, 2020

Looks like the ADII is still a better option? Huge bummer, considering how this bit of the design could have been either a) minimized in height; or b) made modular, like the manifold on many GPU blocks. ☹

is reaaaaaaly tight: the m1 offer a maximum height of 130mm with side bracket, considering an average slim 240mm with regular 25mm fans we have: 73+30+25 = 128mm

but there's room for improvement and we can use 15mm fans aswell.

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
Still thinking of matching Ali's loop with the iceman only thing holding me back is the 3000 series cards might as well do it all at the same time.

Phreno

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 24, 2020
i'm doing some research and i think is a potential solution to avoid going with an external volume like Iceman wich honestly i hate.

i found very clever the third "fill" hole on the waterblock, i can create a short section of tube pointing upward and use it as micro reservoir for an easier fill of the system. The pump seems to be powerful enough for a dual rad solution

Some reddit users are quite happy about the performance of this pump Reddit - Feedbacks

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I have always assumed that Barrow's DDC and D5 pumps are just rebranded Xylem units (same as literally ALL other water cooling suppliers like EK, Corsair, XSPC, Aquacomputer and such), is this not true?

As far as I know, I think only Alphacool bothered making D5-compatible pumps of their own design (and EK has an upcoming in-house DDC-compatible design too, but I don't think they sell those separately)

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016

I made the mistake once of trusting such a technical drawing from an Alphacool radiator, turns out the given dimensions were right but the drawing was not. I measured something that wasn't given a dimensions like you did and ended up with wrong numbers. Luckely I noticed from their 3d model before buying. Be wary if your tolerances are tight.

Reactions: Phreno