Green Screen issues need help

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
I have had this issue happen twice to me know. Where I go to task bar and the Screen goes green. The system is running but I cannot see anything. The only way to fix it is to restart the computer. I also noticed when I watch YouTube videos with The video will sometimes show green when I minimize from full screen aswell.

I was wondering if this might be a issues with my Graphics or a possible compatibility issue. As I know my ram is not listed on the QVL list. I have a Asrock B450 Itx motherboard, AMD 2200G APU and I am using 2x8GB Corsairs Dominator Platinum 3200 CAS 16 ram sticks. It has always bothered me the ram was not compatible. I've tuned down the ram allot to get the system to run stable. And I just set the setting to Auto hoping it might fix the green screen issue aswell.

Would running incompatible ram even cause such inconsistent issues like this? Would it be better to buy a new set sooner rather than later?
this is my first AMD system. And it's been a learning experience. Had driver issues early on aswell.

Also, I know I am not running latest Bios but I did update the Bios I think I have 1.7 or 3.1 Cant remember and forgot to double check when turning ram speed back.

Any help would be appreciated.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I do not think this green screen issue is caused by incompatible system memory.
It is most likely related to something about the video.
Things to check:-
a. try another video signal cable
b. update the graphics card driver
c. try another monitor, if you have another spare
d. try another video card, if you have a spare. If not, try the onboard graphics of the 2200G (remember to have the latest driver and the video signal cable connected to an graphics output port of the motherboard)

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
I do not think this green screen issue is caused by incompatible system memory.
It is most likely related to something about the video.
Things to check:-
a. try another video signal cable
b. update the graphics card driver
c. try another monitor, if you have another spare
d. try another video card, if you have a spare. If not, try the onboard graphics of the 2200G (remember to have the latest driver and the video signal cable connected to an graphics output port of the motherboard)

I am Actually using the onboard Graphic from the APU. Its a small Chopin build. I will try the other things tho. I wonder if the 2200G graphics driver got updated? I'll swap Hdmi and see if I can find another monitor. Its just so odd that its only done it twice on me recently and this is a 1 year old build now.