Enclosure NCASE M1 V6 GPU temp question

Raptor5150

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Feb 9, 2020
Hi guys,

I was wondering what the temperatures are in a v6 case (temps of the GPU) with a 2080 Ti Founders card
if you have this setup im very curious what gaming temps are.

I plan to watercool my 3900x with a 240mm rad but I want to make sure my GPU doesn't thermal throttle.

Last edited:

toomanyboxes

space man spiff
May 27, 2019
Check the optimum tech ncase m1 v6 video on YouTube. From memory, I think he tested with a 2070 super founders edition across a variety of fan and bottom bracket combinations. It might get you a ball park estimate for what you can expect

Reactions: Raptor5150

Raptor5150

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Feb 9, 2020
I saw that video and think it actually should be pretty similar if nothing else I can finally learn to undervolt a GPU ?

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question btw it seemed no one else wanted to... (this was my 2nd post on this forum I figured id get a reply with 60 or so views but nope) Some other guy on HardForum gave me some temps as well he had most of the same parts and his wasnt bad at all with a V1.
Temps should be fine :)

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Not sure its that people dont want to respond, but more so ncase v6 are still pretty rare to see in the wild as are 2080ti founders cards.

I have an ncase v5 with the bottom cut out with an 8700k on a 240mm aio and a Gigabyte RTX2080ti Windforce (2 slot).
If I am willing to put up with some noise and undervolt I can keep the gpu around 75 degrees while gaming at 4k in Red Dead Redemption (so fully GPU bound). I am running 2 slim noctua's under the gpu as inlet (I was running full sized noctua's but the turbulence was annoying) and running my 240mm aio in exhaust.

GPU holds a steady 1815mhz with a 500mhz oc on the memory in Afterburner. If I try to run any higher frequencies it just power throttles unless its under minimal load.

My temps are significantly better at 1080p, though I dont do it often enough to recall them, simply that I noticed they were lower.

While not a founders card, or a v6, I hope this helps a little :)

Reactions: Raptor5150

toomanyboxes

space man spiff
May 27, 2019
Yeah your situation is likely fine. I have a 2070 Super in mine, without bottom intake fans, and no under volt. I have not seen GPU throttle due to thermal issues and the noise is not too bad. But two things for context
  1. I came from a Radeon VII. I would say most GPUs seem cool and quiet in comparison to the RVII under load
  2. I do not have the AIO or GPU mesh installed on my M1 v6
  3. The most strenuous activity I throw at the GPU is Monster Hunter World (my only PC game) in 4K with max settings and short 4K video renders. Nothing crazy
I can give you temps for #3 if you need but I think Optimum Tech's video is more comprehensive than two data points. Also, I would not worry about the post response. I agree with @Wyd4 's points - M1 v6 + 2080 Ti is a bit rare.

A question of my own - my 2070s FE has a minimum 41% fan setting at all times. Is this the same for the 2080 Ti FE? This drives me nuts cause at minimal / low intensive work the GPU just sits there whirring away. I work far more than I game on the PC and I am tempted to swap the RVII back in. The RVII had a much lower fan RPM floor when not stressed and thus (ironically) more quiet.

I saw that video and think it actually should be pretty similar if nothing else I can finally learn to undervolt a GPU ?

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question btw it seemed no one else wanted to... (this was my 2nd post on this forum I figured id get a reply with 60 or so views but nope) Some other guy on HardForum gave me some temps as well he had most of the same parts and his wasnt bad at all with a V1.
Temps should be fine :)

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah your situation is likely fine. I have a 2070 Super in mine, without bottom intake fans, and no under volt. I have not seen GPU throttle due to thermal issues and the noise is not too bad. But two things for context
  1. I came from a Radeon VII. I would say most GPUs seem cool and quiet in comparison to the RVII under load
  2. I do not have the AIO or GPU mesh installed on my M1 v6
  3. The most strenuous activity I throw at the GPU is Monster Hunter World (my only PC game) in 4K with max settings and short 4K video renders. Nothing crazy
I can give you temps for #3 if you need but I think Optimum Tech's video is more comprehensive than two data points. Also, I would not worry about the post response. I agree with @Wyd4 's points - M1 v6 + 2080 Ti is a bit rare.

A question of my own - my 2070s FE has a minimum 41% fan setting at all times. Is this the same for the 2080 Ti FE? This drives me nuts cause at minimal / low intensive work the GPU just sits there whirring away. I work far more than I game on the PC and I am tempted to swap the RVII back in. The RVII had a much lower fan RPM floor when not stressed and thus (ironically) more quiet.

That is frustrating re fans running. I too have my pc more or less idle a lot of the time while working and spent ages trying to make it as silent as possible at idle.
I can’t speak for the founders but my card does allow the fans to stop entirely which is nice. However what I found was when the card reaches its threshold (which it always did at anything below 65 degrees) it would flare the fans up to 80% then settle to the fan curve (say 20%) then they would stop again. Over and over.
So I tried setting a low idle speed and this resulted in the fans dropping under their threshold and they would start and stop consistently but at least they didn’t flare. Ultimately this was still more annoying than setting them to run at 37% constantly and putting up with the hum.

Another point to consider with temps in the ncase. I always ran my aio in exhaust as if not the gpu hot exhaust would circulate in the bottom of the case causing the gpu to run pretty warm. Changing this dropped temps significantly. With a maybe 4 degree at most increase in cpu temps. For the noise alone it was worth it

sunrainsky

Trash Compacter
Dec 20, 2019
That is frustrating re fans running. I too have my pc more or less idle a lot of the time while working and spent ages trying to make it as silent as possible at idle.
I can’t speak for the founders but my card does allow the fans to stop entirely which is nice. However what I found was when the card reaches its threshold (which it always did at anything below 65 degrees) it would flare the fans up to 80% then settle to the fan curve (say 20%) then they would stop again. Over and over.
So I tried setting a low idle speed and this resulted in the fans dropping under their threshold and they would start and stop consistently but at least they didn’t flare. Ultimately this was still more annoying than setting them to run at 37% constantly and putting up with the hum.

Another point to consider with temps in the ncase. I always ran my aio in exhaust as if not the gpu hot exhaust would circulate in the bottom of the case causing the gpu to run pretty warm. Changing this dropped temps significantly. With a maybe 4 degree at most increase in cpu temps. For the noise alone it was worth it

I am a Noob and just built my v6 with Ryzen 5 3600 and Nvidia RTX 2070 Super too.

I was initially concerned about the Fans having a continuous running profile and your post gives me another perspective so I just wanted to thank you for that.

I bought it cos it was cheaper than other 2070 super cards even with tax and shipping to my country. I actually like the design too and that I did not have to worry about fit since it was the slimmest 2 slot. For a first time builder, there were enough things to handle.

On a note, it wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. Can't really hear it. But it's not like next to me since I put it on a TV console.

Reactions: Wyd4

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I actually love the founders card design. I just couldn’t get a 2080ti locally so had to go a 3rd party card. :(