Scarlet Ncase (V6)

tomwgms

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jul 9, 2019
Hi guys and girls,

What do you guys think about the Ncase M1 (V6) in Scarlet red (or Bordeaux red). My next plan is to laser engrave some logo's or decals onto it. However I have no real idea yet what designs, so if any of you have idea's please share them. I prefer an automotive theme (maybe some fun reference to the V6).

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
Did you paint that or powder coat it? The color looks good to me. Reminds me of the Iron Man suit! Now all you need is some gold highlights with a white power button for the "eye(s)" lol.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
V6 and red brings only one thing in my mind, the Alfa Romeo GTV 2.5 V6. Legendary car and engine.

tomwgms

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jul 9, 2019
Thanks for all the kind words. It was actually re-anodised. It cost me 20 euro's to do it, so relatively cheap (imho).

The Alfa gtv V6 is a great car, I was already thinking of an italian theme. I will keep you guys posted on further development.

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
I'd love to do this to my case, but there isn't anywhere near me that I can find that does powder coating. I was going to ask where you got it done at, and realized you're in the EU and I'm in the US. lol.

tomwgms

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jul 9, 2019
@Soulforger90 , That is why i anodised the case. Powder coatings are notoriously tricky as they often rely on a charge difference between the paint and the case. This is why i chose to anodise the case. You can take your existing case and bring it to a local business to do it for you. The company that did it for me even maintained the brushed look (because the owner thought it was beautiful) that the case originally had. So i would strongly advise to just anodise rather than put a particle coat on it.

edit: Just remember to remove all plastic clips and stuff because anything non aluminium will be dissolved!

tomwgms

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jul 9, 2019
So you had them anodize the frame as well, not just the panels?

No, as it is barely visible with the panels on i left it stock, which in my case (pun intended) is black. If the chassis is aluminium (and i guess it is) i see no problem anodising that as well if you are really bothered by the black rear of the case. I personally think it is a nice touch the black chassis.

lithium

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 25, 2020
Thanks for all the kind words. It was actually re-anodised. It cost me 20 euro's to do it, so relatively cheap (imho).

The Alfa gtv V6 is a great car, I was already thinking of an italian theme. I will keep you guys posted on further development.

Can you please share where did you get it re-anodized or where to start looking? I'm in the EU as well