Log Ncase M1 Dual Rad 5900X 3080ti fe EKWB Waterblock - Finished!

Jeddemon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 25, 2021
Hi Everyone!

My first post here so hopefully this is ok... I have finally finished my Ncase M1 Dual Rad build. I've been building PC's since the 386 486 days...Never have any been quite as challenging as this!

SFF Network was a godsend while I've been researching my build throughout the numerous lockdowns of the past 18 months and just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for all the help and tips within the forum. I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you all, I'm really pleased with it and was worth the sweat, swearing, alcohol and vape juice I got through!

Anyway, so my build consists of this:

• NCase M1 v6.1
  • Asus Crosshair VIII Impact
  • Ryzen 5900X
  • 16 GB Corsair 3600 DDR4
  • Corsair SF750
  • Nvidia 3080ti FE (which I paid too much for but managed to justify to myself that it was nearly the same performance as a 3090 at MSRP! Dodgy logic I know)
  • Iceman Reservoir
  • EKWB v3.2 DDC Pump
  • EKWB Quantum Velocity CPU Block
  • EKWB 3080 Special Edition Waterblock
  • XSPC TX240 Ultra Thin Rad
  • EKWB Coolstream PE 240 Rad
  • EKWB DDC Heatsink Housing
  • 2x Noctua Chromax NF-A12x15
  • 2x Noctua NF12x25 Fans
  • Numerous EKWB Fittings, Duraclear tube and premixed fluid
  • Lots of cable ties!
I've unashamedly used Optimum Tech as a template for the build. His video's are great and saved me a load of time on trying to find the right components
The only thing I did a bit differently was remove the sound module from the MB which allowed me to screw the rad to the bottom of the case. I also didn't use quick disconnects as I'm struggling to get hold of them. I thought the 3080ti Special Edition waterblock was going to be a real advantage given its length, but it did make some of the tube routing a bit tight.

Having looked around on the internet, I'm pretty pleased with the thermals.

One hour of Prime 95 Small FFT's gets the CPU (Tctl/Tdie) levelling at 70 degress
One hour of Heaven (maxxed out) get the GPU to 57 and Gpu Memory Junction to 66

I tend to run the fans at lower RPM for a more silent rig....do these look ok to you?

Here's some pictures. I'm keen to get some custom cables in the near future to tidy up the current ones so apologies for those!

Jeddemon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 25, 2021
Thanks for the feedback Timeless! I'm really pleased with it!

No overclocks on CPU or GPU, they're just running stock, although the CPU may be somewhat overclocked as the PBO2 stuff is all set to auto in the Bios. I'll be honest I don't know too much about Ryzen CPU / Bios settings at the moment...its a voyage of discovery!
And yes, should have mentioned the ambient temp...22 degrees at the time. I've been really impressed with EKWB 3080 Special Edition waterblock...I was hitting 102 degrees on the memory junction when I was running it in its normal FE case.

Just waiting for some cablemod cables to wing their way over from the states now and I should be set.

Jeddemon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 25, 2021
Definitely ! I’ve been really surprised I must admit. Although I’m now thinking it would be quite nice if NCase did a slightly higher option to be able to fit a thicker rad / fans at the bottom, I wouldn’t mind adding a few cm for that.