Log Noobs First Build Custom Loop - Ncase M1 / 9900k / 3080fe With EKWB Fe Block

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 2, 2020
Hi Guys first build complete had it part built for most of this year after a while out due to bad circumstances and very bad depression.

First Build is complete after receiving my EK Fe Block yesterday after over 6-week wait.

My system is by no means perfect but it's my first attempt and I have some further tweaks to do over next week or so.

Spec :

Intel 9900K
Z390 ASUS ROG ITX Board
32GB Trident Neo 3600
2TB Corsair Force Nvme
3080FE / 3080FE EKWB Block ( Black with Chrome / Silver Back )
Corsair SF750 Platinum PSU
NCASE M1 Silver V6.1
Iceman with Alphacool Laing DDC310 Pump
XSPC 240 Ultraslim Rad With Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
EK PE240 Classic Rad With Noctua NF-A12X25
Barrow G1/4" Quick Disconnect Set X2
EKWB Quantum Torque Fittings G1/4
EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm
EKWB Velocity CPU Waterblock
EK Mystic Fog Fluid

Next few things on my list are to tidy up a few more cables, get a custom sleeved FE power cable, and some tuning so far it runs absolutely brilliant idle's low and temps are pretty impressive to me, no major issues just the routing of cables was a headache but that's probably because it's my first ever custom loop. Overall I am happy with it it's super quiet and I can only faintly hear the pump at 100%.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
From the pic showing the complete rear of the case, it seems the output ports of the card are blocked? Is it because of the perspective or you still have the most bottom HDMI available?

BTW, your dog does not look too happy. Maybe you have spent too much time for the build and ignored him?

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 2, 2020
From the pic showing the complete rear of the case, it seems the output ports of the card are blocked? Is it because of the perspective or you still have the most bottom HDMI available?

BTW, your dog does not look too happy. Maybe you have spent too much time for the build and ignored him?

Hi, No all ports are visible and nothing is in the way it's the angle of the photo, Display port it right in the middle and plugged in there's plenty of room.

Haha as for the dog he always has the face, he's tired after the long walk we had, always wants my attention :)

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 2, 2020
Idle temps are 25/28 -
Gaming after hour 54-57

Don't know how reasonable that is but I am very happy with it as it's silent the 3080 was a bloody loud card! :)

Fromanotherplanet

Chassis Packer
Dec 3, 2020
I can't find an XSPC TX240 for sale anywhere (apart from a couple of scalpers selling it at a x4 markup) I wonder if I can get away with just a TX120 given how much that one of those fans is occluded by the waterblock...🤔

Plus I'm waiting for the 3090 version of this block which will be a much more tighter fit width wise so even less air will be able to squeeze by it from the left fan.

Reactions: Teletubby89

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 2, 2020
I can't find an XSPC TX240 for sale anywhere (apart from a couple of scalpers selling it at a x4 markup) I wonder if I can get away with just a TX120 given how much that one of those fans is occluded by the waterblock...🤔

Plus I'm waiting for the 3090 version of this block which will be a much more tighter fit width wise so even less air will be able to squeeze by it from the left fan.

Keep checking amazon dude i got mine i am from the uk , was actually really cheap.

Not sure on the 3090 block width wise it might be tight, one issue i noticed with the block is it was very tight with near the IO Shield Pannel on my asus board , they are suposed to be releasing info on the 3090 block next month.

Reactions: Fromanotherplanet

Fromanotherplanet

Chassis Packer
Dec 3, 2020
I'm in London. They must be appearing and disappearing fairly quickly on Amazon.

I've got a tab with every webpage selling it in Europe that I check every time I log on to my PC. Only Caseking in Germany claims to have any incoming stock (today ironically).

My vigil continues, but I'll probably opt for the TX120 if none appear before I get my hands on the 3090 FE waterblock.

I'm probably gonna have the same problem with the IO shield panel on my Impact motherboard.

radnox

Cable Smoosher
May 7, 2020
Nice build! You setup makes me think about dual radiators a bit more in my m1. At the moment I have an AiO for CPU and custom loop with 240 SE bottom rad for GPU (3080 TUF). Unfortunately the case doesn't close anymore because of the GPU waterblock... I regret I couln't put my hands on a FE, these waterblocks are so small !!!
After 1 hour I hit 65degrees, which I find a bit hot for a 20 ambient temp room.

I find your temps very good, I have a few questions:
- at what rpm or % do you run your pump ? My pump is running at 30% around 2,9k rpm.
- are your bottom radiator fans pushing or pulling air ? Mine are pushing air out at the bottom at 1,1k rpm.

D

Deleted member 23607

Very nice! I love the cable routing for the Iceman on the back the most...

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 2, 2020
Nice build! You setup makes me think about dual radiators a bit more in my m1. At the moment I have an AiO for CPU and custom loop with 240 SE bottom rad for GPU (3080 TUF). Unfortunately the case doesn't close anymore because of the GPU waterblock... I regret I couln't put my hands on a FE, these waterblocks are so small !!!
After 1 hour I hit 65degrees, which I find a bit hot for a 20 ambient temp room.

I find your temps very good, I have a few questions:
- at what rpm or % do you run your pump ? My pump is running at 30% around 2,9k rpm.
- are your bottom radiator fans pushing or pulling air ? Mine are pushing air out at the bottom at 1,1k rpm.
Hi

My pumps Running between 1100/1300 rpm

Lower fans are running at 1600 ( Slim Chromax ) Can only hear them faintly.

Fans on the EK Rad ( Side-mounted are running at 1300 RPM.

GPU Usually max out at 50
Cpu around 54 as I have tweaked settings.

Usually its playing games and sat around the 50/55 mark.

The fans I believe are pushing out, I recommend following Optimum Tech on youtube he helped me out loads.
Very nice! I love the cable routing for the Iceman on the back the most...

Thanks, I want to braid the cable so it looks better, I followed optimum techs advice and that's how he routed the cable.

Fromanotherplanet

Chassis Packer
Dec 3, 2020
Did you get any luck on the 7th for the rads ?
It wasn't worth it. Brexit has fucked importing stuff for the time being. And it looks like there's a few shops about to get some in stock as they're starting to take pre-orders. At this point it's academic trying to rush it as the EKWB 3090 FE card is still yet to be released. They're hinting that they'll have info on it's release in their EXPO next week and they have been talking about pre-orders in January with supply mid February.

I have been thinking that I could, if the radiators don't appear by the time I have the waterblock in hand, stick with the magicool slim 240 I have and attach the fans underneath and 3d print a shoe for the case that lifts it up and hides the fans. Though that entails learning some 3D program and getting access to the 3D printers in work.