Log NCASE M1 Build log (First time SFF builder) - All advice welcome

FredBkevin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
It is tough sourcing all the parts from all over world during the pandemic, for now im sourcing all the parts save for the gpu, mobo and CPU as im also wanting to see what next gen will give. Most etailers in SA is out of stock with most things

Parts List saved here:

https://miro.com/app/embed/o9J_kqDrRSE=/?

Feel free to leave comments and/or advise

I am really trying to build this:

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2020
Hey, I also arrived after finding this video. I've started buying up components but not exactly the same. Could be good to share notes? How are you getting along so far?

Reactions: FredBkevin

FredBkevin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
Hey, I also arrived after finding this video. I've started buying up components but not exactly the same. Could be good to share notes? How are you getting along so far?
Hi check the micro link where i saved my parts purchased so far. It is really tough. I contacted swiftech today for the Apogee Drive ii AM4 CPU Block/Pump combo , they say they will have stock in a few weeks time as they have not restocked yet, i take it the company that makes it for them has not re-opened as yet.

The other issue is the Xspc TX240mm radiator is unavailable all other. Lastly it seems im going to buy the x570 STRIX I-gaming.

wallsofjericho

Chassis Packer
May 6, 2020
Hi check the micro link where i saved my parts purchased so far. It is really tough. I contacted swiftech today for the Apogee Drive ii AM4 CPU Block/Pump combo , they say they will have stock in a few weeks time as they have not restocked yet, i take it the company that makes it for them has not re-opened as yet.

The other issue is the Xspc TX240mm radiator is unavailable all other. Lastly it seems im going to buy the x570 STRIX I-gaming.

The xspc rad is coming back on stock in Germany June 26.

wallsofjericho

Chassis Packer
May 6, 2020
Have you thought about going with the iceman reservoir/pump combo? Your List has only 1 quick disconnect fitting, but you will need 2 for the side radiator?

Reactions: Kitsune

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2020

I like your diagram, it's good to get organised. I also contacted Swiftech about the Apogee Drive ii. After a little frustration, I found my way to this forum and discovered the NCase M1 has ports and a mount for an external reservoir. I've placed an order on AliExpress for an Iceman Cooler Res, and I've ordered and literally just finished fitting an EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block, all of which I'm really happy and confident with. The external res means I won't have to rely on drip loading the loop, and have easily accessible ports on the exterior to bleed air or drain the system. Case aesthetic purists might not like it (if there is such a creature), but I don't mind. For me, this is definitely function winning over form, plus it will hardly be seen there at the back.

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2020
Ah I forgot your comment about the XPSC rad. I went for the EK Coolstream SE240 Slim which is 26mm. It's gonna work great.

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2020
The XPSC is 22mm, along with the gpu block and Noctua fans apparently that leaves about 13mm clearance for airflow, so I'm buying 4mm into that space and will end up with a slightly reduced 9mm clearance. This said, I have a different Mobo so anything could happen. You could get away with a 28mm fan I think but the EK is readily available at 26mm. I'm happy with that, and now it looks like my entire cooling system is going to be EK componenets.

Buddhist

What's an ITX?
New User
May 17, 2020
Apogee p/r combo selling on ebay if you are interested.

My concern on clearance as I have the x570 crosshair , you think that with the SE240 slim would fit in there at the bottom, I am buying the slim noctua fans for it.

Any concerns you think could happen because the 9 mm difference in airflow

FredBkevin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
I heard from various sources based on the measurements it should fit as the ekwb se240 is 26mm I think. The X570 crosshair might cause issues as it is dtx but again im not sure. I would say go for it.

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2020
Apogee p/r combo selling on ebay if you are interested.

My concern on clearance as I have the x570 crosshair , you think that with the SE240 slim would fit in there at the bottom, I am buying the slim noctua fans for it.

Any concerns you think could happen because the 9 mm difference in airflow

its not a 9mm difference. I’m only losing 4mm based on Optimum Techs measurements, going from a 22mm rad to a 26mm rad. I find it very hard to imagine that this will cause any detriment to the case thermals but we will see I guess. Case arrives this week along with my external res so things will start taking shape over here very soon!

FredBkevin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
Ive updated the build log, so i went with the Asus X570 strix i-gaming and the Corsair SF600 psu. Still looking for a Xspc TX240mm rad and the elusive Apogee Drive II

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020