Log Ncase M1 and the EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3

SucoSama

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 24, 2020
Yes just follow the guide of this thread.
You need to cut the ncase m1 with a flex. cutter and get some 180 adapters for the pcie 8 pin. Also the liquid rubber and you are good to go. Just read his guide

thank you for your response. FYI there is a guy from Taiwan managed to fit the EVGA 3080 FTW3 into the case without having to mod it. hope this help

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2020
thank you for your response. FYI there is a guy from Taiwan managed to fit the EVGA 3080 FTW3 into the case without having to mod it. hope this help

Yeah it strongly depends on you Mainboard if you have to mod the case or not. The asus x570 ITX has a M.2 Slot which stands out really high and makes it impossible to fit the gpu in. With another maniboard like in his case it is possible.

chico92

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2019
Yeah his post is also on reddit but its impossible to fit this into the Ncase m1 V5.1
I tried it without Mainboard and without PSU holder.
The inward bend or sth whatever it is called, blocks the gpu. So modding is best here for V5.1

Reactions: SucoSama

SucoSama

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 24, 2020
Yeah his post is also on reddit but its impossible to fit this into the Ncase m1 V5.1
I tried it without Mainboard and without PSU holder.
The inward bend or sth whatever it is called, blocks the gpu. So modding is best here for V5.1

thanks, mate. i think I would go for a xc3 ultra or a tuf 3080

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2020
Yes the mobo plays an improtand role. The asus itx x570 and b550 have a tall m.2 slot. Optimum tech did cover this in a video. He had to remove the top connection and still had issues fitting a smaller card

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Yes the mobo plays an improtand role. The asus itx x570 and b550 have a tall m.2 slot. Optimum tech did cover this in a video. He had to remove the top connection and still had issues fitting a smaller card
I was planning to buy the asus b550 itx board for the pcie 4.0 slot. However, now that you say this, it confirms that itll be a pain in the ass to fit the 3080 in there. The Mobo I have was the perfect one to fit the 3080 into the M1 without any issues.