Log Ncase M1 and the EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
Hey dude, thank you for your write-up. I’m looking into this card and it was very helpful! How have your thermals been?

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2020
Hey dude, thank you for your write-up. I’m looking into this card and it was very helpful! How have your thermals been?
Thermals are relly good. With ambient temp of about 22°C to 24°C the card hits about 60 to 64°C in AC Origins with no undervolt.

chico92

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2019
Hey I have the v5 and also the same gpu but it seems impossible.
Optimum Tech showed how he removed one of the top bars and then u can widen the entrance even more. I guess then it would fit without using a file but how do I get this thing apart? It has some very unusual screws which just look like circles... And you put the gpu in before the mainboard?

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2020
Optimum Tech showed how he removed one of the top bars and then u can widen the entrance even more. I guess then it would fit without using a file but how do I get this thing apart? It has some very unusual screws which just look like circles... And you put the gpu in before the mainboard?
You cant put in the GPU before the mainboard- well you can but then you won't be able to fit in the board anymore.

You can acutally widen the entrance such that the gpu fits. I did try before i modded the case. But I had to bent the case too much and this is why I'd go with the mod. You need Inbus screwdriver if you want to unscrew the top.

Reactions: chico92

chico92

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2019
You cant put in the GPU before the mainboard- well you can but then you won't be able to fit in the board anymore.

You can acutally widen the entrance such that the gpu fits. I did try before i modded the case. But I had to bent the case too much and this is why I'd go with the mod. You need Inbus screwdriver if you want to unscrew the top.
ah now I see... Comparing it to mine I can now see exactly where you used the file but isnt a flex way better for this. Or did you just file a bit at the right place and then break it apart?

chico92

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2019
haha wait a min I just saw your liquid rubber called hellblau glänzend. ^^ Okay where did you buy that liquid rubber and what do I need to type into amazon

chico92

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2019
aright sry for spam now I completetly got it. mibenoo liquid rubber is what I need. Idk how I can delete my posts but everything understood now. Thanks so much.
How are temps tho?
Beneath this gpu no fan will fit in i guess.

chico92

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2019
aright I have the same problem. I have the x570 I aorus pro wifi and it also blocks the bottom part. So I need to switch as well to a different one I guess. hmm.
Maybe I should just wait for the nr200p then...

SucoSama

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 24, 2020
Hi man. I also have a v5, using Aorus x570 i, and planning to get a evga ftw3 ultra. Any update on your case, may I ask? I have a Meshify C in spare but i really don’t want to switch. Hope there is a way to work it our. Sorry for bad English

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2020
To clearify things:
you can get the card in the case with just bending the case. But if you want to remove the card then you also have to bent the case again. Since bending the case over and over will damage the case it just filed it wider.

Reactions: SucoSama

chico92

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2019
Hi man. I also have a v5, using Aorus x570 i, and planning to get a evga ftw3 ultra. Any update on your case, may I ask? I have a Meshify C in spare but i really don’t want to switch. Hope there is a way to work it our. Sorry for bad English
Yes just follow the guide of this thread.
You need to cut the ncase m1 with a flex. cutter and get some 180 adapters for the pcie 8 pin. Also the liquid rubber and you are good to go. Just read his guide