Namaste Crammers

I thinik I am going to build my own SFF HTPC gaming + computational machine. I am surprised there is nothing in the market that can serve my needs and would need your help to build something that fits in my TV cabinet and does not compromise on performance.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! It depends on how much computational performance you need and what you expect out of HTPC gaming.
If you need more than 16 cores, you can go with a Threadripper 3970X (32C/64T 3.7-4.5GHz) and an ATX board. It'll fit in a Cerberus X which laid flat doesn't look to bad in a TV cabinet if you are able to allow enough space for ventilation on all sides except the one the motherboard is mounted on.

whizzzkid

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 19, 2020
Welcome to the forum ! It depends on how much computational performance you need and what you expect out of HTPC gaming.
If you need more than 16 cores, you can go with a Threadripper 3970X (32C/64T 3.7-4.5GHz) and an ATX board. It'll fit in a Cerberus X which laid flat doesn't look to bad in a TV cabinet if you are able to allow enough space for ventilation on all sides except the one the motherboard is mounted on.

Ah, thanks for this, my cabinet has a clearance <15cm, I was looking for something really thin.