Hi from Brazil

Hello, my name is Douglas and i’m from Brazil. Because of the dificulty on get SFF cases in my country and having build stuffs as a hobby i intend on making a SFF case by myself. My actual pc is inside a Sharkoon QB One, a low price case that served me well on the past 2 years, but working on a non ferrous metals and stainless steel distribuitor i have plenty access to the needed machines and materials to make my own custom case, looking for help to make possible to gather my passion with pc and DIY.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Hello and welcome! I look forward to interacting with you and seeing what you create. There are also a few members here from Brazil including the founder of Lazer3D.

douglasdcds

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 2, 2020
It’s still on the beggining, i made a few sketchs and next week will be sending this onte to laser cut and do the bendings, the chassis will be made first and i'll check if everything fits before making the external enclosure.

Perhaps i’m using some expensive and precision machines, but the entire finishing will be handmade by myself, i'll put some effort and attention on details here, it’s my weekends project for now on. To make it unique the materials choose was different than what i’ve seen beeing used, it’ll be entirelly made ins 304 grade stainless steel, won't use any rivets, all the corners will be soldered and the seam will be removed before the powder coating, let's say it'll be a really long lasting case.

As it’s something totally custom, my goal was to fit a regular AIO on top with 25mm thickness fans and 25mm fans at the bottom of the case, but decided to make it a little bit larger so it can receive a slim 240mm radiator with slim fans if i decide to. Untill now it has 11,3L, aiming on a sub 12L total

douglasdcds

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 2, 2020
Hello and welcome! I look forward to interacting with you and seeing what you create. There are also a few members here from Brazil including the founder of Lazer3D.
Nice to know that has more Brazilians here, we are used to struggle with the lack of availability of SFF components, decide to use it as a stimulus to make my own solution and have some fun on the process

douglasdcds

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 2, 2020
That is awesome @douglasdcds ! Why not start a thread in the Concepts & Custom Projects subforum for that case you're creating?
For sure, will just wait until the chassis gets complete then i post what it became.
There's a lot of ideias on my mind, a few different stuffs will be on this case and the materials on it will make it as premium as a case can get. May not have the best performance out there or be the prettiest, but will surelly be specialfor me and maybe a stimulus for others passionates.

English is not my mother language, but i'll try my best to pass on everything i can to help anyone