Power Supply My sf600 platinum died after 2hours of use

Yookev

What's an ITX?
Nov 10, 2018
I see u have a mobo with rgb. Do you see the lights coming on with a press of the power button? Are you using the 12v rgb header for a separate lightstrip?

I had a issue when I first tried booting a brand new build with the sf600 and an z390-i asus board where the lights on the motherboard came on, but nothing else happened. I was so excited to boot the thing up that when I went to connect the wall outlet plug to the psu, the on/off switch on the psu itself was in the on position and I’m pretty sure I heard a pop and then ran into my problem. But things were working with another psu.

So next thing tried was removing some of my connectors one by one and found that everything booted up once I removed my 12v rgb connect from the rgb header.

For the next few restarts I would hear a loud clicking noise with each powering up, but I now longer hear it..

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
I see u have a mobo with rgb. Do you see the lights coming on with a press of the power button? Are you using the 12v rgb header for a separate lightstrip?

I had a issue when I first tried booting a brand new build with the sf600 and an z390-i asus board where the lights on the motherboard came on, but nothing else happened. I was so excited to boot the thing up that when I went to connect the wall outlet plug to the psu, the on/off switch on the psu itself was in the on position and I’m pretty sure I heard a pop and then ran into my problem. But things were working with another psu.

So next thing tried was removing some of my connectors one by one and found that everything booted up once I removed my 12v rgb connect from the rgb header.

For the next few restarts I would hear a loud clicking noise with each powering up, but I now longer hear it..
I do not have rgb strips and I deactivated the raindow lights on the side when the pc is off. maybe i'll try unpluggings things tomorrow