Log My custom wooden ITX case

Knives

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 23, 2022
Hi, I just want to share my custom ITX case, made from MDF and with a top wood panel (cherry tree).
To power the PC there's an Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac paired with a Ryzen 5 4600G, 16GB of DDR4 3000 Memory, a Sabrent 512GB NVME SSD (for Windows 11), a 4TB HDD 3.5"for storage, a 2.5" SSD for MacOS Ventura.
The power Supply is a SFX 650W from Cooler Master modular, the graphic card it's a RX5600XT, from wich I removed the fan and the shroud.
The whole system (GPU included) it's cooled by 2 Noctua 120mm fans on the bottom and one 92mm fan on the back;
The inside volume is 10,8L, outside 12L.
I added also an RGB COB strip internally, that works with the ASrock RGB Utility.

Edit: I updated the new specs in the first thread.

Last edited:

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
looks nice how are temps in it

Knives

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 23, 2022
My paint job skills are weak at the moment, I'm planning to repaint better.. 😔

Knives

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 23, 2022
The temps are really good, 45 to 48 degrees max under full load (cpu around 55 degrees)

Knives

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 23, 2022
Little update: new paint job (muche better now) and added some back opening, now the airflow is a little bit better. Soon I'll post some images of internal + external.

Reactions: ignsvn and Arboreal

kiuas

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 16, 2023
Hey, thanks for sharing!

It would be nice to hear more about your build, and see inside also, if possible! I'm wondering, for e.g. how did you fix everything, what kind of mesh pattern did you use? I don't see a GPU from outside, but you mention a GPU? Do you have a dedicated card, or is it only the APU?

Knives

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 23, 2022
Hello, there's the promised update, sorry for the delay:
  • I changed the GPU from the RX580 to a RX5600XT from Sapphire. I removed the GPU fans and shroud, so I can cool it with the 12mm fans underneat, one of wich is controlled from the card itself.
  • I replaced the PSU with a Cooler Master Modular 650W SFX, held in place with 2 metal corners.
  • I also replaced the 3.5" Hard Drive to a 4TB Dual plate disk, wich is "hanging" from the top with some elastic bands to prevent any unwanted reisonance.
  • I moved the 9mm fan from the side opening to the new opening on the back, now temps are 2-3 degrees cooler.
  • I added a COB RGB strip (from aliexpress) wich I can control directly from the MB RGB port.
  • I moved the PSU cable from the inside with a Male-Female cable, so it's cleaner.
It's really, really quiet, I'm very happy.

About the case build itself, the panels are 6mm thick MDF, I added some wooden segments (4-6-8mm square sections) and it's glued with PVA glue (some hot glue for not structural parts).
The rounded corners are made with an hand planer, than smoothed with sandpaper.
For the side mesh, I stole it from an old case (P4 era), glued to the side panel and bent the corners to act like a door edge to held the top part closed. Inside the bottom feet are 2 screw that hold the bottom part.
For the back exaust, I found 2 cheap air vents in an hardware store.
Now I'm searching a mesh for the GPU cover, to clean up all the back side.
I will keep this post updated, thanks and best regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiuas

Knives

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 23, 2022
Cool build!
What is the volume of the pc?
10.8 L internal volume, 12L externally. The thikness of the wood is good for the sound dampening, but will not transfer the heat by dissipation, so I think I will add another low speed fan in a future revision.