Log Deskmeet B660 deep ITX meets Louqe Raw S1 - bonus: CNC wooden top hat

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hey guys, long time no post since I had to take a break due to personal reasons & COVID infection but anyways - the SFF fever still got me!

I recently got my hands on a RAW S1 which is currently on sale for 50% off - not a bad deal for a CNC machined boutique case...

When I bought the case I wasn't sure yet what to put inside but after receiving it and having a closer look to the internal design I figured that with a few workarounds my AsRock Deskmeet B660 deep ITX board might somehow fit in there - and indeed it does...

20221020_203906.jpg

20221020_203955.jpg

20221020_204053.jpg

Now the only downside was that the new PSU orientation didn't allow to mount the rear exhaust fan and without that fan it's getting really toasty inside the RAW S1. So I came up with the idea to CNC a wooden exhaust fan top hat:

20221021_170544.jpg

20221021_170828.jpg

20221021_170757.jpg

if someone else is interested in making a top hat like that for their RAW, I've attached the STEP file to this post...

Attachments

• RAWs1 Wood Top hat 18mm.zip
    100.2 KB · Views: 8

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Nice!
Has anyone ttried to turn this into a NAS yet?
@REVOCCASES as I’m sure you’ve done extensive measurements, how much space would you say there is in the GPU compartment if you replace the GPU with mounted 3.5” drives?

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Nice!
Has anyone ttried to turn this into a NAS yet?
@REVOCCASES as I’m sure you’ve done extensive measurements, how much space would you say there is in the GPU compartment if you replace the GPU with mounted 3.5” drives?

Interesting idea!

I'd say with some custom made adapter plate you could easily fit 4 to 6 3.5" drives in the GPU compartment.

Reactions: AMv8-1day

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
That top hat looks cool! It's a shame Loque didn't provide a more solid system for top mounted fans.
How is the turbulence noise with the thick aluminium? I have a similar case from Aklla but the vents in the 3mm thick aluminium make for some pretty bad turbulence noise :(

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
That top hat looks cool! It's a shame Loque didn't provide a more solid system for top mounted fans.
How is the turbulence noise with the thick aluminium? I have a similar case from Aklla but the vents in the 3mm thick aluminium make for some pretty bad turbulence noise :(

Thanks 😊

The design of the case would actually allow a "professional" CNC machined aluminium top hat matching the outlines. Maybe Loque already planned for something like that but didn't go ahead because sales weren't as expected?

I haven't noticed any turbulence noise despite I mounted my 2 slot 3060ti in the 3rd slot position / closer to the side wall. On the CPU side I've upgraded to a NH-L12S after taking the pictures. With the fan mounted below the fins and set as exhaust there's also no issue with turbulence noise.

Reactions: rfarmer