Concept Mosquito - Bent plywood sandwich case

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Progress!

I ifnished the case feet. They're made of brass drawer knobs I got from aliexpress. I had to drill a hole through them in order to use them upside down and put some 3M rubber pads on the bottom so the case stands firm.

1-knobs.jpg

The fabric is still being worked on but I decided to put together everything for a first time and it's starting to look really good!

3-case.jpg

I've also made the design for the laser cut side panels. Problem is that my local maker space is connected to the university and stopped letting people in who aren't students or in any other way connected to the university. I have some friends that I can ask who are connected, but it doesn't matter at the moment, as the makerspace is still closed due to corona.

musashin

Efficiency Noob
Oct 1, 2020
Incredible! I love the overall look with the case feet. Are you planning to finish the wood at all or just leave it bare?

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Incredible! I love the overall look with the case feet. Are you planning to finish the wood at all or just leave it bare?

Hey, thanks! The wood is treated with linseed oil, making it quite resistant to dirt and moisture whilst emphasising the typical wood grain. I like the oil look more than varnish when it comes to treating wood :)

Reactions: ellroy80