Prototype DIY - Louqe Ghost S1'ish Case

bfabonan

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 18, 2019
Hi,

Is there a pattern or a model for the motherboard/video card/power supply I can print in a piece of paper A4 or A3 for the sandwich type design of some cases like the Louqe Ghost S1?
I'm trying to build a case with a wooden facade and I will use any material available like for the internals lilke styrene sheets or popularly known as pla plates.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bfabonan

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 18, 2019
Thanks Sir.. But I do not use 3D software... I'll check it out though, might try to learn 3 modeling...

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
Hmm, you mean like a paper model that you can fold together?

I don't know if there are any models available, but you can easily make such models yourself, measurements for a few common parts:

* ATX Power Supply: 140 x 150 x 86 mm
* SFX Power Supply: 100 x 125 x 63.5 mm
* (most) Reference GPUs: 40 x 110 x 275 mm
* (most) ITX GPUs: 40 x 110 x 185 mm
* ITX motherboard: 170 x 170 mm
* ITX mobo backplate: 159 x 44.7 mm

Cut these out on cardboard for stability, don't forget to leave some space for cables. Good luck!

bfabonan

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 18, 2019
Hmm, you mean like a paper model that you can fold together?

I don't know if there are any models available, but you can easily make such models yourself, measurements for a few common parts:

* ATX Power Supply: 140 x 150 x 86 mm
* SFX Power Supply: 100 x 125 x 63.5 mm
* (most) Reference GPUs: 40 x 110 x 275 mm
* (most) ITX GPUs: 40 x 110 x 185 mm
* ITX motherboard: 170 x 170 mm
* ITX mobo backplate: 159 x 44.7 mm

Cut these out on cardboard for stability, don't forget to leave some space for cables. Good luck!

Thanks so much! I appreciate the details man!

Yep maybe do some prototyping via cardboard, then will transfer to a more sturdy material like wood or styrene sheets.

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
Thanks so much! I appreciate the details man!

Yep maybe do some prototyping via cardboard, then will transfer to a more sturdy material like wood or styrene sheets.

I am not a fan of styrene for prototyping computer cases. My choice is ABS sheet material in various thicknesses. ABS is easily cut and drilled, sanded, shaped etc. And you can use plumber's ABS cement and/or acetone to joins pieces. I even drill and tap holes in the stuff (M3 and 6-32 for the most part). ABS is stable in most any environments that humans can tolerate.

neil

Reactions: Sashby

bfabonan

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 18, 2019
I am not a fan of styrene for prototyping computer cases. My choice is ABS sheet material in various thicknesses. ABS is easily cut and drilled, sanded, shaped etc. And you can use plumber's ABS cement and/or acetone to joins pieces. I even drill and tap holes in the stuff (M3 and 6-32 for the most part). ABS is stable in most any environments that humans can tolerate.

neil

Is this the same as Perspex sheets? Also, what do you think is a sturdy thickness for this kind of material? Or is acrylic recommended?

Last edited:

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019

neil

Yes, if you have the machines available this is the better option for sure. I just suggested cardboard since it is so easy and available to cut in, and all you really need is a decent pair of scissors.

If you have access to a milling machine and/or 3D printer, go with ABS instead. :)

[edit]Oh, my bad, misunderstood where the conversation was going. Leaving the advice up there, but feel free to ignore it.[/edit]

Last edited:

bfabonan

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 18, 2019
I watched this video, and this is the concept I've been looking for!

The cube nut connector is not available here and I might just DIY some blank dice.