Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
The connections is exactly the same on both S and R, and the fixes I shared yesterday will be implemented on the production models (not on the pre-production models we have already sent out).

Pre-production: 2 point GPU mount (thumb screw + Riser)

Production units: 3 point GPU mount (thumb screw + Bracket bar + Riser)

Regarding Graphite, yes, pretty soon I think as well.

Not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I meant the missing vertical rod in the S model compared to the R model:

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I meant the missing vertical rod in the S model compared to the R model:

Ahh now I see, yeah this part was tested a lot and it's absolutely no problems. A big reason is that we're using stainless steel for these parts instead of aluminum, which is just so much stronger. Additionally, the motherboard itself also provides a link/support between the two bars, but the bars are strong enough on their own. The reason the NANOQ R has 2 additional parts if because there the PSU is flippable, so we needed mounting points below as well as above.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Ahh now I see, yeah this part was tested a lot and it's absolutely no problems. A big reason is that we're using stainless steel for these parts instead of aluminum, which is just so much stronger. Additionally, the motherboard itself also provides a link/support between the two bars, but the bars are strong enough on their own. The reason the NANOQ R has 2 additional parts if because there the PSU is flippable, so we needed mounting points below as well as above.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.
I didn't realize the PSU flipping is only possible in the larger version. A shame, because I think the flipped orientation would be better 😏 I assume this decision was made to reduce the cost of the S version...

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.
I didn't realize the PSU flipping is only possible in the larger version. A shame, because I think the flipped orientation would be better 😏 I assume this decision was made to reduce the cost of the S version...

No actually not to reduce costs, but because adding the flipping bars for the PSU in the S would create a massive negative consequence:

On the PSU side you wouldn’t be able to have a standard 120x25 fan on your AIO, which you can on the current design. We felt it’s much more important to have that option vs being able to flip the PSU. Otherwise both fans would have to be slim.

I’m terrible at cost cutting, as soon as we figure out a more effective way of doing some parts, so we get some pocket change, for some reason I immediately feel the urge to upgrade some other parts.

Reactions: keepcoding

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
from this last review of the S, I really hope you can:

- engrave notches on the adjustable spine
- longer cutouts to be able to shift the radiators

the last one is particulary important to me, as I will need the most amount of play possible with the stuff I am going to try to put inside it.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
from this last review of the S, I really hope you can:

- engrave notches on the adjustable spine
- longer cutouts to be able to shift the radiators

the last one is particulary important to me, as I will need the most amount of play possible with the stuff I am going to try to put inside it.

Longer cutouts - you bet, will do 😁

Engraved notches - Currently pretty low priority, but we’ll explore it, doesn’t add any costs…so something to look at once we’re done implementing all main ones.

• Love
Reactions: turboleak

HaWhite34156

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 27, 2020
Any thoughts on the best bottom radiator for the NanoQ R? With only 53mm space you can't fit a 30mm thick radiator with 25mm fans. The only 280mm rad I can find with a 27mm thickness is the Bitspower Leviathan II SF and I can't find any reviews or benchmarks.

Anyone have any experience with this radiator? Would it be better to get one of the OEM HW Labs 30mm radiators and run slim 140mm fans?

HaWhite34156

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 27, 2020
The only time I've seen slim 280mm radiators is this little unbranded 17mm thick rad from Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003937133687.html

No idea if it is any good, but it's not like there are any other options in this category.
Cheers for the reply, good to see options but would probably rather the Bitspower for the extra 10mm and brand recognition.

That might be an interesting alternative - can't seem to find any tests or reviews of this either, though. I guess these thinner radiators are a niche segment of an already niche market!

The case looks brilliant by the way, pretty much ticked all my boxes and may end up having to preorder... Would love to see a custom loop in one before I commit, though!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Cheers for the reply, good to see options but would probably rather the Bitspower for the extra 10mm and brand recognition.

That might be an interesting alternative - can't seem to find any tests or reviews of this either, though. I guess these thinner radiators are a niche segment of an already niche market!

The case looks brilliant by the way, pretty much ticked all my boxes and may end up having to preorder... Would love to see a custom loop in one before I commit, though!

I think the consensus is if you have to choose, better choose slim rad and standard fans (as opposed to thick rad and slim fans) 😄 Alphacool does very high quality stuff, so it should be good. I know there are a couple of videos comparing thick and thin rads on YouTube.

That’s awesome!! I think we’ll see many custom loops in them 👌

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Sending the case to Jay was a really good idea, also addressing this issues he found was also very well done. Nice of Jay to make a second video.

• Love

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Sending the case to Jay was a really good idea, also addressing this issues he found was also very well done. Nice of Jay to make a second video.

Wow didn’t expect a follow up video, very happy he shared the fixes! And yes, very thankful we got this feedback before jumping into mass production, really shows the value a reviewer can add. Devyn also spotted these issues, so these guys are truly good at their job.

ps. You guys are too good at guessing cars over in that other thread 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
Have people decided already on what finish to go with? And what size?
I think I'm leaning towards smaller S version but I can't decide on a finish, they all look so darn gorgeous 😍