I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is there any front IO on the NanoQ?

Nope

will updates be applied to the initial shipping batch of units, or down the road?

Initial batch, we’ve solved the spinning stainless steel knobs and are currently doing the GPU mount (almost done). The middle column will be flippable so people who used flipped orientation don’t have to stare at “QONAN” the whole day 😂 We’ll see what more gets mentioned in the reviews, we are bug-squashing mode right now, want to deliver an unparalleled product.

I also tested stability of the Handles, as long as you place your case on a solid surface (like a wooden table) the stability is very good. In Jayz video it was placed on his antistatic mat, which is soft, and creates stability issues. Also, using the included silicone grips on the handles further improves stability and grip, as well as avoids scratches to your table.

You can follow the progress here (the latest update) we will add “FIXED” once each issue has been dealt with. Thinking of it as a preview for that update.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Considering this is a Swedish case, what will the price for us in Sweden be? :) I only saw USD price in your update on the website!

I’ve converted everything to EUR for everybody, because for some reason Shopify doesn’t let us sell in USD and get paid in USD (despite us having an USD bank account). In order for us to sell it at these prices we have to remove all inefficiencies (exchange rates, least transactions costs, etc).

Can’t wait for that day somebody close to us buys it, so I can deliver their case personally (if they want ofc) 😄 Are you close to Norrköping?

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
I’ve converted everything to EUR for everybody, because for some reason Shopify doesn’t let us sell in USD and get paid in USD (despite us having an USD bank account). In order for us to sell it at these prices we have to remove all inefficiencies (exchange rates, least transactions costs, etc).

Can’t wait for that day somebody close to us buys it, so I can deliver their case personally (if they want ofc) 😄 Are you close to Norrköping?

Ah, I can't see that :eek: I'm talking about the NanoQ case, in case I wasn't clear about that :D I'm looking at the "updates" and can only see the USD prices, maybe I missed it?

That would be super cool! But no sorry :( Northern parts of Stockholm here!
Make sure you document that personal delivery (if they agree of course), would be cool to see!

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Ah, I can't see that :eek: I'm talking about the NanoQ case, in case I wasn't clear about that :D I'm looking at the "updates" and can only see the USD prices, maybe I missed it?

That would be super cool! But no sorry :( Northern parts of Stockholm here!
Make sure you document that personal delivery (if they agree of course), would be cool to see!

Here’s the configurator 😄 And as you can see the prices here are in EUR instead.

Reactions: Tanax

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Ohh, thanks so much for that :) I can see it in EUR now :)
Just to confirm, these prices are before Swedish tax, so I need to add 25% to the price, correct?

Taxes will apply once the case gets shipped into Sweden, but how high they are and if you get them is not a certainty, depends on how lucky you are during the import stage. I don't think they will be close to 25%.

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
Taxes will apply once the case gets shipped into Sweden, but how high they are and if you get them is not a certainty, depends on how lucky you are during the import stage. I don't think they will be close to 25%.

Thank you, will keep an eye out for when your pre orders opens!
Great case you've made here :)

• Love

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Thank you, will keep an eye out for when your pre orders opens!
Great case you've made here :)

Thank you, also, it will get better. I'm finishing the new GPU mounting system today, so it will be included in all pre-ordered cases :)

Edit: it's now fixed ;)

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Thank you, also, it will get better. I'm finishing the new GPU mounting system today, so it will be included in all pre-ordered cases :)

Edit: it's now fixed ;)
Could you please elaborate on the solution?

Also I'm wondering, what's the right place to ask questions? I mean this is still the Mjolnir thread and I don't see any other options...

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Could you please elaborate on the solution?

Also I'm wondering, what's the right place to ask questions? I mean this is still the Mjolnir thread and I don't see any other options...

Sure thing, we’re still experimenting a bit to verify everything but I’ll get you a sneak peak 😁

Prevent the knobs from spinning (no difference on the outside, only internally

nanoq_upgrades.2.jpeg

Prevent GPU from dangling (basically we have a block that is screwed down into the back panel, then a screw pinches the GPU corner to the block. We are verifying if the GPU can slip out of this or not, if there’s any risk we’ll make the bar longer and add another screw).

NANOQ_upgrades.2.jpeg

I haven’t started a NANOQ thread yet, will do it when I have time, so this is as good place as any until then 😊

Edit: after some testing we have decided to lengthen the new GPU mounting block to the second hole on the bracket. This will ensure that the GPU can’t move even if somebody doesn’t screw it down all the way.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

God damn, this guy knows how to make a clean video 🤤 He seems to have exact same problems as JayzTwoCents (Handles installation, GPU mounting) so it’s good that those are fixed. As he said, I’m tinkering with making the front column flippable as well as extending the radiator slots.

Also, nice to see someone put in the 4090 FE card, as a lot of people have asked me about temps on it on the NANOQ S. Looks to be doing totally okay despite the back fan. Also, appears the front fan does a big difference for the GPU temps.

Last, and I’m kind of surprised here, the Carbon color (black) doesn’t appear to be as fingerprint sensitive as the MJOLNIR 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
@AlexTzone I've noticed that the S version does not have vertical support for the rod that holds the graphics card connector. Is there a reason to omit this in the smaller case? To be honest, this doesn't look very stable (single point of contact).

Will there also be a review of the Graphite model?

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Ohh, thanks so much for that :) I can see it in EUR now :)
Just to confirm, these prices are before Swedish tax, so I need to add 25% to the price, correct?

Sorry but... The days of being 'lucky' with import tax are over. That was when parcels less than 22 euros in worth were VAT-free, so everyone tried to declare their parcel worth under 22 euros. This has changed since 2022, every purchase outside of the EU requires VAT now. If Thorzone doesn't charge it, customs will. Your carrier will probably pre-pay it and then charge it to you + an administrative fee.

You get charged your local VAT. So for Sweden, that would be 25% of the declared value + prepay administrative fee.

Reactions: riba2233

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone I've noticed that the S version does not have vertical support for the rod that holds the graphics card connector. Is there a reason to omit this in the smaller case? To be honest, this doesn't look very stable (single point of contact).

Will there also be a review of the Graphite model?

The connections is exactly the same on both S and R, and the fixes I shared yesterday will be implemented on the production models (not on the pre-production models we have already sent out).

Pre-production: 2 point GPU mount (thumb screw + Riser)

Production units: 3 point GPU mount (thumb screw + Bracket bar + Riser)

Regarding Graphite, yes, pretty soon I think as well.

Last edited:

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
God damn, this guy knows how to make a clean video 🤤 He seems to have exact same problems as JayzTwoCents (Handles installation, GPU mounting) so it’s good that those are fixed. As he said, I’m tinkering with making the front column flippable as well as extending the radiator slots.

Also, nice to see someone put in the 4090 FE card, as a lot of people have asked me about temps on it on the NANOQ S. Looks to be doing totally okay despite the back fan. Also, appears the front fan does a big difference for the GPU temps.

Last, and I’m kind of surprised here, the Carbon color (black) doesn’t appear to be as fingerprint sensitive as the MJOLNIR 🤔

Did you also give any thoughts to his comments about the handles being wobbly as stands?
Perhaps making the base of them more of a T shape could make them more stable?

Also I'm curious, have you thought about doing the front panel available in moonstone? Or would that not look good?

Sorry but... The days of being 'lucky' with import tax are over. That was when parcels less than 22 euros in worth were VAT-free, so everyone tried to declare their parcel worth under 22 euros. This has changed since 2022, every purchase outside of the EU requires VAT now. If Thorzone doesn't charge it, customs will. Your carrier will probably pre-pay it and then charge it to you + an administrative fee.

You get charged your local VAT. So for Sweden, that would be 25% of the declared value + prepay administrative fee.

Yeah I haven't had good success lately. That would put this case at 455€ for the R version. Today's exchange rate that would be about 5200 SEK. Expensive for sure, but also great quality so it will probably last your entire life. The problem of course is if computer formats change in the future, making the case incompatible with future generations of hardware. Each person will have to decide for themselves if they're OK with spending 5200 on a case!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Did you also give any thoughts to his comments about the handles being wobbly as stands?
Perhaps making the base of them more of a T shape could make them more stable?

Also I'm curious, have you thought about doing the front panel available in moonstone? Or would that not look good?

Yeah I haven't had good success lately. That would put this case at 455€ for the R version. Today's exchange rate that would be about 5200 SEK. Expensive for sure, but also great quality so it will probably last your entire life. The problem of course is if computer formats change in the future, making the case incompatible with future generations of hardware. Each person will have to decide for themselves if they're OK with spending 5200 on a case!

Handles
- Not planned on changing them, currently I think they look and feel very clean and comfy when carrying the case around. We can’t make them shorter as that would make it very hard to use a power plug and other IO connectors, also can’t change the radius since it’s all linked together. I haven’t measured out the impact force your typical house cat has, but I’d probably use it in horizontal mode in that case (or if there’s a toddler that can get to the case and start playing with it) 😅 Even in horizontal mode the handles are still a nice thing to carry the case by. I’ve test slapped mine NANOQ R to check stability and it’s good enough IMO, but like Devyn said…if you plan on moving your desk, let’s not risk it and simply place it in horizontal mode.

Moonstone / Graphite front columns
- I think we’ve tried it and it didn’t look so good. Carbon (black) gives it some nice contrast the others ones don’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinken1 and Tanax