• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
turboleak have you had a chance to test the 17 mm vs the xspc yet? curious on the performance differences

Will only do it when I am close to getting the case I think. It's too much work to disasemble my current system to test those two rads.
I may be able to get other hardware where to test it, and if I do, I will test it sooner and post the results here.

Reactions: wahussamit

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
@AlexTzone I think I just found something horrible about the NanoQ! The back IO hole is bigger than the IO shield to accomodate shifting the board sideways! Will this leave an ugly hole in such a beautiful case or is there a way to cover the hole?

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@turboleak Here is the NANOQ S with max GPU width:

1704818149538.png

And here it is with minimum GPU with:

1704818252874.png

So as you can see after a certain shift (0.5 slots) there appears a slot to the left of the Mobo IO; however, we've made sure to add some radiuses to it so it looks as good as possible anyways :) If you don't like the slot you can cover it from the inside with something like simple plastic or similar.

Here’s Denize NANOQ S, she has shifted the spine a tiny bit over 0.5 slots, so you can see the slots to the left of the OI starts to appear.

IMG_0477.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: turboleak

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
@turboleak Here is the NANOQ S with max GPU width:

View attachment 3038

And here it is with minimum GPU with:

View attachment 3039

So as you can see after a certain shift (0.5 slots) there appears a slot to the left of the Mobo IO; however, we've made sure to add some radiuses to it so it looks as good as possible anyways :) If you don't like the slot you can cover it from the inside with something like simple plastic or similar.

Here’s Denize NANOQ S, she has shifted the spine a tiny bit over 0.5 slots, so you can see the slots to the left of the OI starts to appear.

View attachment 3040

hummm... I guess that's almost a pass ( more on that later* ).
What about the ugly hole on top of the GPU bracket, on the photo you posted?

*Can you design and make available a couple of covers that can be 3D printed by the end user to cover those ugly holes? Maybe some standardized sizes for both the IO hole and the GPU bracket hole, like 1mm cover, 2mm cover, 3mm cover, etc. A nice cover that is easy to print and also that can be secured or cliped on?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

*Can you design and make available a couple of covers that can be 3D printed by the end user to cover those ugly holes? Maybe some standardized sizes for both the IO hole and the GPU bracket hole, like 1mm cover, 2mm cover, 3mm cover, etc. A nice cover that is easy to print and also that can be secured or cliped on?

For the hole above the GPU, pretty much any 40-series will cover that region (Denize uses a 3080 XC3 which not tall). Regarding covers, yeah that should be easy enough :) *added to our to-do-list

• Love

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
@AlexTzone I just read in the email that customs and taxes are NOT included in the price for the Nanoq. Is this really true? This was one of the things I really liked about the Mjolnir project, everything was included in the shipping. Super convenient and no extra cost at delivery. Now I have to factor in another ~80€ for that, which makes the Nanoq much less attractive to me.

Reactions: Shinken1

wahussamit

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2023

more ventilation!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone I just read in the email that customs and taxes are NOT included in the price for the Nanoq. Is this really true? This was one of the things I really liked about the Mjolnir project, everything was included in the shipping. Super convenient and no extra cost at delivery. Now I have to factor in another ~80€ for that, which makes the Nanoq much less attractive to me.

Unfortunately not included, we were barely able to include the shipping. The NANOQ S is already cheaper than MJOLNIR (which was 299 at base + 50-80 shipping). However, I dont think everyone in the EU will get taxes that high. US will have none at all, same for Australia and a bunch of others.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Unfortunately not included, we were barely able to include the shipping. The NANOQ S is already cheaper than MJOLNIR (which was 299 at base + 50-80 shipping). However, I dont think everyone in the EU will get taxes that high.

That's a pity. Would have preferred to pay a bit more than handling the import tax stuff on my own.
It is not just tax, also customs, handling fees, and tax on top of tax...
Oh well, I guess I will just wait until you can ship them with tax included. Do you plan to build up stock in Europe in the near future?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That's a pity. Would have preferred to pay a bit more than handling the import tax stuff on my own.
It is not just tax, also customs, handling fees, and tax on top of tax...
Oh well, I guess I will just wait until you can ship them with tax included. Do you plan to build up stock in Europe in the near future?

I don’t think thats coming any time soon unfortunately, we lost that ability after switching to ship with freight forwarders. For the initial KS batch we used our own account with UPS but that was a horrible experience (not for you guys, but for us 😅).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The Jayztwocents NANOQ video highlights GPU instability due to lack of GPU bracket / retention parts. Will this be addressed?

Working on fixes already. Going to wait for the rest of the reviews to drop as well, so we can compile a good list of things to upgrade :)

Reactions: Quigonjinn

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
I won't be sleeping until 23. To anxious.
The case shell is really made from one block of alluminum? do you have footage of the process? would love to see how they are made.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I won't be sleeping until 23. To anxious.
The case shell is really made from one block of alluminum? do you have footage of the process? would love to see how they are made.

Don’t work buddy, you will get yours 👊

The case is first extruded, which gives us a looooong tube with the shape and thickness of NANOQ (looking at it from the front), then it’s cooled off several times, stretched, cut into length, then we CNC the hell out of it to produce all the vent opening, lock indents, magnet strip indents, etc. It’s a VERY involved process that took us almost a year to perfect, we even exploded an extrusion die trying to reach to tolerances we were striving for.

This is the Pagani of cases, nobody will be this insane, it’s not economical for big companies with retailers. I’d like to see a video where the NANOQ and pretty much all the other cases out there get driven over by a truck, because its outer shell is a tank.

oiz

Efficiency Noob
Feb 10, 2023
Is there any chance to get the top panel in aluminium (small one) and the booster cell? Both in stealth color.
I already emailed you since july last year.
Might be i can get them, before the nanoq is released.