AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
got it.
Checking Ryanair flights to Sweeden right now. No way I'm going to wait till May. I will just wait at your door and steal one of the small packages ( I'm assuming the NanoQ S box is smaller than the R ).

Hahaha that's right XD It's pretty funny, the NANOQ R box is basically the same size as the MJOLNIR box, while the NANOQ S is a LOT smaller. Much more efficient packaging and EVA foam protection on ALL sides instead of just front / back.

• Love
Reactions: turboleak

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
I actually think that may be a good idea. Having the product over to some people that will put it to test before production so that you can make adjustments to it if needed.
man, if only you knew someone that has a shitload of wc parts and wants to do something extreme, like running a side rad... you could send that someone a case for him to try and find bugs, experiment with different radiators, fans, fittings, tubing...

someone like the guy in this photo...

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
My modultra lobo that I had nikel coated locally to be able to use liquid metal on a deliled X3D cpu. I have since gave up on deliding it as the CPU runs so cool now that deliding would not improve it's performance in any meaningful way.

two photos:

before nikel coating it, I sanded and polished the heatblock to almost perfectly flat surface.

• Love

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
My modultra lobo that I had nikel coated locally to be able to use liquid metal on a deliled X3D cpu. I have since gave up on deliding it as the CPU runs so cool now that deliding would not improve it's performance in any meaningful way.

two photos:

before nikel coating it, I sanded and polished the heatblock to almost perfectly flat surface.
You're so looking forward to this build you remind me of myself a couple of years back with MJOLNIR. Hopefully this launch may be different, but the reality of reviews, followed by pre-orders opening, followed by pre-orders ending, and then finally production starting, and then shipping in batches means probably you won't get to build into the case for some time....

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
You're so looking forward to this build you remind me of myself a couple of years back with MJOLNIR. Hopefully this launch may be different, but the reality of reviews, followed by pre-orders opening, followed by pre-orders ending, and then finally production starting, and then shipping in batches means probably you won't get to build into the case for some time....

Yeah I am of course hoping things will be a lot different now, especially with how the delivery dates are communicated. But there are always risks that can happen despite perfect communication and / or planning. One MJOLNIR batch (the 2nd or 3rd if I remember correctly), the back panels were totally ruined at the anodizing factory, it was hard to see that one coming and they’ve been flawless before / after that incident. But yeah…that time it caused a substantial delay and even a conservative delivery date doesn’t take such (catastrophic) events into consideration.

So @For_Science is correct, let’s remain cool, shipping before May is extremely unlikely. However, for once, I’m more confident about that date than in any of the previous batches.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
one of those 17mm hanjiang rads arrived today, man they look and handle like cheap crap! hopefully they will perform ok.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
one of those 17mm hanjiang rads arrived today, man they look and handle like cheap crap! hopefully they will perform ok.

Hmm I see, perhaps I’m not very used to other water cooling radiators (mostly been using AIOs up to this point), so the Hanjiang surprised me with the CNCd sides etc. Do you have a pic of it?

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
sure,

alot of pics, comparison with xspc

The measurement of the internal part of the rad is 15mm for the hanjiang and 17mm for the xspc xt240. the hanjiang is almost 17mm and the xspc 20.5mm
The hanjiang is also smaller in all dimensions.
the xspc has much more conducting water pipes and the pipes are flatened instead of cilindrical. flatened pipes provide for more contact area with water so they should perform better.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
sure,

alot of pics, comparison with xspc

The measurement of the internal part of the rad is 15mm for the hanjiang and 17mm for the xspc xt240. the hanjiang is almost 17mm and the xspc 20.5mm
The hanjiang is also smaller in all dimensions.
the xspc has much more conducting water pipes and the pipes are flatened instead of cilindrical. flatened pipes provide for more contact area with water so they should perform better.

Seeing that you have both parts, perhaps you could test them both and see if you find any difference in performance. Would sure be great to know 👌 The hanjiang is definitely a different design than the typical rads I’ve seen but would be great if it performed close to the xt240, seeing as you could then use standard 25mm thick fans for the bottom rad (instead of 1 standard and 1 slim). For NANOQ S ofc, for the R we’ve checked that 2 xt240 fit with 4x standard thickness 140mm fans.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
Seeing that you have both parts, perhaps you could test them both and see if you find any difference in performance. Would sure be great to know 👌 The hanjiang is definitely a different design than the typical rads I’ve seen but would be great if it performed close to the xt240, seeing as you could then use standard 25mm thick fans for the bottom rad (instead of 1 standard and 1 slim). For NANOQ S ofc, for the R we’ve checked that 2 xt240 fit with 4x standard thickness 140mm fans.

yep, I will test them.

LanceL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 9, 2017
The reviews will be up shortly after the new year, then we launch :)
I see.

And if I understood once of your other comments correct you will only start mass production after these reviews correct? In that case, and including the infamous Chinese New year that always mange to f%##@# Up every single case project I have backed historically, I guess we can expect our cases sometime end of March or star April at the earliest and realistically?

Quigonjinn

Caliper Novice
May 8, 2023
The reviews will be up shortly after the new year, then we launch :)
If you can get your case listed for sale and shipping before the Chinese new year hits, it will be amazing. As it will have a significant leg up against all other new cases currently in limbo hell and likely shipping after April at the most optimist.
You have a good chance if you can make it work. The case looks decent so far, now execution is left.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I see.

And if I understood once of your other comments correct you will only start mass production after these reviews correct? In that case, and including the infamous Chinese New year that always mange to f%##@# Up every single case project I have backed historically, I guess we can expect our cases sometime end of March or star April at the earliest and realistically?

We start production on February 21:at and finish it on April 30:th, then start shipping them out, so shipping in May if we want to be realistic. And yes, it’s about 1 month extra due to the CNY.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
If you can get your case listed for sale and shipping before the Chinese new year hits, it will be amazing. As it will have a significant leg up against all other new cases currently in limbo hell and likely shipping after April at the most optimist.
You have a good chance if you can make it work. The case looks decent so far, now execution is left.

NANOQ will most realistically ship in May (see comment above) regardless if we launch before new year or in January, since the production cycle will still be February->April.

Reactions: Quigonjinn

Quigonjinn

Caliper Novice
May 8, 2023
NANOQ will most realistically ship in May (see comment above) regardless if we launch before new year or in January, since the production cycle will still be February->April.
Hmm. That’s a lot of competition at that point. A3 / C4 / T1 2.5 / NR200 v2 / FF1 etc are expected to launch around the same with some offering clear cooling advantages 🤔

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hmm. That’s a lot of competition at that point. A3 / C4 / T1 2.5 / NR200 v2 / FF1 etc are expected to launch around the same with some offering clear cooling advantages 🤔

That’s okay, I’ve learned with MJOLNIR that’s it’s stupid to rush things, so we will not do it again (which we would have to in order to ship earlier). Especially considering that this is not going to be a one-launch-and-done case.

For me this case is about both cooling and aesthetics (about equal parts), so while some cases may have a cooling advantage it’s not the only variable. In this category I don’t think anything competes with it, but that’s my taste ofc and yours may be different. I think this is the reason we’ve always had customers for MJOLNIR, despite it being quite lacking compared to other alternatives when it came to cooling, people still bought it because it was unique and different. NANOQ blows MJOLNIR out of the water, and nobody will be insane enough to produce anything with the types of materials we use, it’s not economical (but we love it, and will do it).