Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What the backstory for naming your new case polar bear

HAHA, finally somebody said it.

Conversation went like this:

Alex: So should be just call it MJOLNIR 2 or MJOLNIR X or something…?

Denize: Naah, getting old with norse name, Icelandic sounds cool, like polar bear or something…

Alex: Okay so what’s polar bear in Icelandic?

Denize: Nanok

It all took place in 1 minutes 🤣 Thinking about it afterwards it made so much sense: polar bears are freaking cool, also fits the theme that these cases will be well ventilated (like the arctic where the freaking cool polar bears live) and even sounds cool and fitting for those who called it NANO•Q instead of NA•NOK.

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
HAHA, finally somebody said it.

Conversation went like this:

Alex: So should be just call it MJOLNIR 2 or MJOLNIR X or something…?

Denize: Naah, getting old with norse name, Icelandic sounds cool, like polar bear or something…

Alex: Okay so what’s polar bear in Icelandic?

Denize: Nanok

It all took place in 1 minutes 🤣 Thinking about it afterwards it made so much sense: polar bears are freaking cool, also fits the theme that these cases will be well ventilated (like the arctic where the freaking cool polar bears live) and even sounds cool and fitting for those who called it NANO•Q instead of NA•NOK.
But the Icelandic word for polar bear is isbjörn and nanoq is the word for it in Greenlandic but other than that 👍

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
quick question, why doesn't Thor have it's own thread on the sff discord?

I've completely missed the whole Discord era (and a lot of other things) since MJOLNIR has pretty been my only interest (apart from disc golf and snowboarding) the past 4 years, is it like this forum but on the discord platform? Are there other benefits on being on Discord? I'm obviously a total noob with regards to this 🤣

steelfractal

Bronze Supporter
Aug 15, 2019
I've completely missed the whole Discord era (and a lot of other things) since MJOLNIR has pretty been my only interest (apart from disc golf and snowboarding) the past 4 years, is it like this forum but on the discord platform? Are there other benefits on being on Discord? I'm obviously a total noob with regards to this 🤣
Others being able to get notifikation if you are not on your pc or home or have a broken pc caused you unalived pc hardware a stupid amount of times this year (10+ items) 😣

• Haha
Reactions: AlexTzone

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
you don't know about the sff discord server?

it's where all the mentaly hill sff people hang out, bashing designers for making cases too big or too small, and where builders showcase how much shit they where able to fit in such small cases. :)

think of it as what'sapp but even worst. give it a try.

steelfractal

Bronze Supporter
Aug 15, 2019
you don't know about the sff discord server?

it's where all the mentaly hill sff people hang out, bashing designers for making cases too big or too small, and where builders showcase how much shit they where able to fit in such small cases. :)

think of it as what'sapp but even worst. give it a try.
Well aware of it but in my opinion its about just as toxic as sffpc on reddit so mainly just lurk on there also feel we are getting slightly off topic so i am stopping here

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Others being able to get notifikation if you are not on your pc or home or have a broken pc caused you unalived pc hardware a stupid amount of times this year (10+ items) 😣

Ah yeah the gentleman’s habit of unaliving PCs 🤣 Never actually done it yet, but probably been close since we make our own custom cables for our testing builds, in the name of science and case design.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
on a serious note, I think being on that discord server is advantageous for manufacturers.
- You have a pulse on what others are doing
- You have an interactive way of interacting with people that are passionate about it, be it other case designers or users.
- This interaction can lead you to improved iterations of whatever you are doing or ideas for future stuff.
- You increase your reach, and you do it within a very very select audience. The people that are there are looking for things similar to the work you are doing.

Discord is simply a better, more streamlined way of communication, in my opinion.

I didn't know about you until I saw some comment on a thread in this forum and I almost never come here, so it was really luck. I would argue that there are people on the sff discord that have no idea of your work. If this assumption is correct, then you being part of it would defenitely be positive.

Kokos

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 6, 2023
Looking for a BORG

Hello everyone,
I recently acquired a mjornir tower and I am looking for a BORG (Stealth or Dark fo) Vertical MJOLNIR.
Dark) for Vertical MJOLNIR anyone from this forum who wants to sell it?
Or alternatively if you guys from thorzone have replacement BORG parts?

Thank you very much and I hope to have suete. Thanks

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Looking for a BORG

Hello everyone,
I recently acquired a mjornir tower and I am looking for a BORG (Stealth or Dark fo) Vertical MJOLNIR.
Dark) for Vertical MJOLNIR anyone from this forum who wants to sell it?
Or alternatively if you guys from thorzone have replacement BORG parts?

Thank you very much and I hope to have suete. Thanks
Don’t have any more BORGs unfortunately, but maybe somebody here is willing to sell theirs :)

Reactions: Kokos

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
@AlexTzone

Can you help me with some info for my planning while I wait for the NanoQ S release?

If I fit my 4090FE with this cooler:

will there be space on the lateral for a slim 240rad like this one:

plus some slim fans ( 12mm or 15mm height ).

I think that rad plus fans will fit at the bottom but I don't think it's enough for the cpu and 4090. I'm almost sure I will need more rad area.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone

Can you help me with some info for my planning while I wait for the NanoQ S release?

If I fit my 4090FE with this cooler:

will there be space on the lateral for a slim 240rad like this one:

plus some slim fans ( 12mm or 15mm height ).

I think that rad plus fans will fit at the bottom but I don't think it's enough for the cpu and 4090. I'm almost sure I will need more rad area.

I will check that GPU block, I know it definitely fits in NANOQ R since it’s the one we use in this render (Instagram post). NANOQ S has 7mm less space for GPU height than NANOQ R, but it looks like there’s enough, but please let me verify.

Regarding radiator, I’d recommend going with Hanjiang radiators, 240mm 17mm thick. I’ve measure the internal width and it’s 13.4mm while a standard 27mm thick radiator has internal thickness of 15.8mm, because they waste a lot of space while Hanjiang is CNCd and more efficiently spaced. I have no idea what the internal thickness of the 20mm thick radiator is but I think they should be on par with each other. If you use the 17mm rad you can fit 2 x 120x25mm fans on the bottom rad. Also you can fit the 240x17mm rad + 2 x 120x15 slim fans next to the GPU. So all in all a dual rad setup, we are currently modeling it to verify some good tube routing. Soft tubing will not be an issue, hard tubing also looks possible but we are still testing.

4248CD8B-6631-42B6-95AF-CA0DA43134BE.jpeg
A0F39966-1F37-4155-B628-91D6644AC1ED.jpeg

Reactions: turboleak

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
That rad looks slick. I ordered two just in case, I have use for them if not on this build, so nothing wasted.
But I will still appreciate the input on the measures with that alphacool block. what is worring me a bit are the fittings, I'm assuming that I will be able to place the lateral rad bellow them ( if it even fits ).

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I will check that GPU block, I know it definitely fits in NANOQ R since it’s the one we use in this render (Instagram post). NANOQ S has 7mm less space for GPU height than NANOQ R, but it looks like there’s enough, but please let me verify.

Regarding radiator, I’d recommend going with Hanjiang radiators, 240mm 17mm thick. I’ve measure the internal width and it’s 13.4mm while a standard 27mm thick radiator has internal thickness of 15.8mm, because they waste a lot of space while Hanjiang is CNCd and more efficiently spaced. I have no idea what the internal thickness of the 20mm thick radiator is but I think they should be on par with each other. If you use the 17mm rad you can fit 2 x 120x25mm fans on the bottom rad. Also you can fit the 240x17mm rad + 2 x 120x15 slim fans next to the GPU. So all in all a dual rad setup, we are currently modeling it to verify some good tube routing. Soft tubing will not be an issue, hard tubing also looks possible but we are still testing.

View attachment 2960
View attachment 2961
Does 20mm thick rad + 25mm thick fans not work with NANOQ S? Hanjiang rads you're recommending aren't widely available. Thanks.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Does 20mm thick rad + 25mm thick fans not work with NANOQ S? Hanjiang rads you're recommending aren't widely available. Thanks.

If you use a 20mm thick rad than you can use a 120x25mm fan on side and a slim 120mm fan on the other. The same is true of 27mm thick radiators. However, if you want to use 2 120x25 fans then 17mm rad from Hanjiang is the way to go.

Reactions: L91