• RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

JHayes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2023
Hey Alex,

Any update on shipping status of replacement shells?
Being the unfortunate recipient of a damaged shell, myself and others seemed to have been pushed to the absolute bottom of the queue for being earlier adopters...

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Hayes
Hey Alex,

Sent you several messages regarding the replacement shell issues. No response.

I'll try leaving this here:

I finally got around to replacing the shell. I installed the Borg and it matches the new shell, Unfortunately the replacement shell is much darker and now the original panels really show the difference in color.
Functionally it is fine, but as a completed monolith on the desk it no longer shines and I want to simply hide it...

What can you do to resolve this?

Jeff Hayes

IMG_5056.jpg

stpain

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2023
I'm working on it now, should have something in the next 2 weeks. By model you mean a custom loop demo of the NANOQ S right? :)

The GPU is mounted with a thumb screw and a washer to the “Shift panel” that sits inside the back panel, it’s mounted from the inside, see attached pics. This squeeze mechanism will be able to clamp down on both standalone pci brackets, but it’s not as optimal as having a dual-pci bracket.
Yeah thats what i meant 😀
So which reviewers can we expect to see a video from? If any is optimum tech one of them ?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex,

I finally got around to replacing the shell. I installed the Borg and it matches the new shell, Unfortunately the replacement shell is much darker and now the original panels really show the difference in color.
Functionally it is fine, but as a completed monolith on the desk it no longer shines and I want to simply hide it...

Jeff Hayes

IMG_5056.jpg

Very sorry for missing it, I’ve looked up your email and sent a response now.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Yeah thats what i meant 😀
So which reviewers can we expect to see a video from? If any is optimum tech one of them ?

There will be several very big reviewers for this, as well as a couple of smaller ones (but high quality). I’ve checked with Optimum, he said he’ll get back to me closer to launch.

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
Hey Alex,

Jeff Hayes

IMG_5056.jpg

Yeah my replacement shell has the exact same issue unfortunately...

@AlexTzone, can something be done about this?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Yeah my replacement shell has the exact same issue unfortunately...

@AlexTzone, can something be done about this?

Unfortunately no, the Dark color is very hard to match when the parts are from different batches. I apologize for this, we will provide you and the rest of people that needed replacements in the MJOLNIR with additional compensation during the NANOQ launch.

LanceL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 9, 2017
Hello Alex I bought 2 Mjolnirs from the original kickstarter. Both shells where scratched. You promised long time ago to give me new shells but you never followed up on your promise. Also I see the mismatched colors people now have :-( I'm very disappointed all in all :-(

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hello Alex I bought 2 Mjolnirs from the original kickstarter. Both shells where scratched. You promised long time ago to give me new shells but you never followed up on your promise. Also I see the mismatched colors people now have :-( I'm very disappointed all in all :-(

Please email instead, if we didn’t send you new shells it’s because you haven’t confirmed your address for the replacements (we ask for confirmation everytime before sending anything out). Also, it’s only dark color that is affected, Stralth and Steel are much easier to match between batches.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is the nanoq (s ) still up for release in December?

The final units are being assembled now will be shipped to us next week, then we’ll check them and send to reviewers, once they post reviews we’ll launch a few days after. December launch feels tight, we’re 1 week behind schedule, but in any case the launch is really close.

I’m quite positive that this was the right decision, we really did some heavy testing on the cases we received mid-October and pretty much eliminated all flaws for the ones in assembly now.

Some may say, “Haha lol Alex is delaying again, fail”, but since we’ve not taken anybody’s money yet and my goal is to deliver a really solid product I stand by this delay, it was necessary for bug-fixing 👌

Reactions: Shinken1

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
So first of, thanks for the really quick reply.

I have next to me two unopened boxes. One has an Ncase M1 Evo and the other has a meshlicious D. The reason they are unopened is that I gave up on them when I saw the NanoQ.
The NanoQ is not only responsible for basically killing those two cases for me, it's also resposible for killing alot of water cooling stuff I bought for them. I have a 280mm and 240mm rad ( 45mm tall ) from alphacool, unopened, in the box, because they wont fit the NanoQ-S, same for the normal height noctua fans that would go with them. On the other side I have arriving in two days two slim rads, one 240mm and the other a 120mm one plus some slim fans from noctua that I bought specifically for the NanoQ S.

Sufice to say I want to try this case madly.
So while I can't claim that I deserve it more than others, I just arrived, I haven't contributed anything to it, I'm hopping I can get a chance to have it as soon as possible.

I will try to cram in the following hardware ( on the S )
- Asus B650E-I
- 7950X3D
- 4090FE ( I have the alphacool block for it. undecided if I am going to use it, depends on rad performance ).
- Corsair SF750
- 2x32GB hynix a-die
- modultra lobo with the low profile slammer pump top

as for the water cooling kit that will go in depending on space constraints, I have the following to play with:
- besides the modultra lobo for the cpu and the alphacool block for the 4090FE I also have a very tight all copper coolman memory block
- 1x240mm slim rad
- 1x120mm slim rad
- 3x120mm slim fans from noctua
- 3x120mm slim 12mm height fans from scythe
- and a shitload of fittings for 12mm hard tube, 10/13, 10/16 and 6mm ID soft tubing.
- plus normal and fat 120,240 and 280mm rads. and normal 25mm height 120 and 140mm fans.

So lets see what I can come up with. Can't wait to start.

I'll be ordering the black version with wallnut inserts. that really looks dope.

Last edited:
  • Love

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
I have a follow up question:
Why do we have to wait for the reviews to be ready? I think this hurts those of us that want to get it sooner with no benefit for anyone else.
I see no value to that for Thor, as the price of the cases is already set and it's not dependant on the outcome of the reviews.
And I see no benefit for the end buyer, as those that want to risk buying before reviews come out are unable to do so and for those that do want to wait for the reviews it is irrelevant if the case is available sooner.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So first of, thanks for the really quick reply.

I have next to me two unopened boxes. One has an Ncase M1 Evo and the other has a meshlicious D. The reason they are unopened is that I gave up on them when I saw the NanoQ.
The NanoQ is not only responsible for basically killing those two cases for me, it's also resposible for killing alot of water cooling stuff I bought for them. I have a 280mm and 240mm rad ( 45mm tall ) from alphacool, unopened, in the box, because they wont fit the NanoQ-S, same for the normal height noctua fans that would go with them. On the other side I have arriving in two days two slim rads, one 240mm and the other a 120mm one plus some slim fans from noctua that I bought specifically for the NanoQ S.

Sufice to say I want to try this case madly.
So while I can't claim that I deserve it more than others, I just arrived, I haven't contributed anything to it, I'm hopping I can get a chance to have it as soon as possible.

I will try to cram in the following hardware ( on the S )
- Asus B650E-I
- 7950X3D
- 4090FE ( I have the alphacool block for it. undecided if I am going to use it, depends on rad performance ).
- Corsair SF750
- 2x32GB hynix a-die
- modultra lobo with the low profile slammer pump top

as for the water cooling kit that will go in depending on space constraints, I have the following to play with:
- besides the modultra lobo for the cpu and the alphacool block for the 4090FE I also have a very tight all copper coolman memory block
- 1x240mm slim rad
- 1x120mm slim rad
- 3x120mm slim fans from noctua
- 3x120mm slim 12mm height fans from scythe
- and a shitload of fittings for 12mm hard tube, 10/13, 10/16 and 6mm ID soft tubing.
- plus normal and fat 120,240 and 280mm rads. and normal 25mm height 120 and 140mm fans.

So lets see what I can come up with. Can't wait to start.

I'll be ordering the black version with wallnut inserts. that really looks dope.

Wow thank you, truly means a lot to hear this, especially after me and Denize poured well over 1.5 years into it together. We take stuff like this to heart and remember it.

Also, we’ll be releasing custom loop docs for both NANOQ S and R, dual-radiator setup (2x 280, 2x 240) for those who want to a verified setup (and parts).

I have a follow up question:
Why do we have to wait for the reviews to be ready? I think this hurts those of us that want to get it sooner with no benefit for anyone else.
I see no value to that for Thor, as the price of the cases is already set and it's not dependant on the outcome of the reviews.
And I see no benefit for the end buyer, as those that want to risk buying before reviews come out are unable to do so and for those that do want to wait for the reviews it is irrelevant if the case is available sooner.

Basically, even if somebody pre-ordered today it wouldn’t go into product before the main pre-orders close, i.e. if I opened a special order window for you today it wouldn’t arrive sooner than the others during the main launch. Production starts once all the orders are in 😊 The main pre-orders will open shortly after reviewers because many will want to have the cases properly vetted before committing and the first launch day is very important. Also it shows that we aren’t afraid of feedback and not trying to hide anything. Last but not least, it showcases the cases with awesome camera work, lighting, etc (which is an art and hard in itself), which let you guys have a clearer view of the cases than even we have provided thus far.

Reactions: turboleak

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
got it. Let's hope the reviewers don't slack on their job 😄

Don’t worry, we’ll launch after the first ones (no need to wait for every reviewer to upload) and some are REALLY fast. I can barely film a a 10 second clip in a day (not even talking about editing) while these guys can do a build, b-roll and edit it in that time. They are pros at their job 👌😁

• Love

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
The case is fucking beautiful. It was the case that made me go the path of I-will-never-ever-go-that-shitty-riser-cable-needed-sandwish-design type of case.
I'm obsessed into cramming the most amount of compute power into the lest amount of space possible, the red line having been riser cables. Until now.

The design of the NanoQ really made me cross that line.
So yeah, Evo and the mesh to the garbage bin. Let's see what I can do cooling wise tith the NanoQ S. It will be WC for the CPU and an unmodified 4090FE or eventually WC for both if I can cram enough rad area inside the case to cool both.

By the way, if you are curious with I have two cases ready to use ( the Evo and Mesh D ) instead of just one, the story is a bit like the NanoQ, I bought the EVO to replace one of my two original M1 cases. I was able to cram a 4090FE into the original M1 and was happy with it but wanted to try fat 280mm rads so I bougth the Evo. Shortly after I saw the mesh D and thought it would be a better fit for what I wanted. and then, well...

and the mesh d was a mess to get it into Europe...

• Love

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The case is fucking beautiful. It was the case that made me go the path of I-will-never-ever-go-that-shitty-riser-cable-needed-sandwish-design type of case.

This was me when I was reading that sentence, before I realized that you knew NANOQ had a riser 🤣🤣

Nervous Key And Peele GIF

• Haha

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Walked past Denize case and I dang love how you see the stainless steel bars through the unibody shell, even the riser “ribs” look pretty epic 🤤

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • Love

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
What the backstory for naming your new case polar bear

• Haha