• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

stpain

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2023
Can you link me to a G1/4 part that has the dimensions, I will compare it to our 3D models and see if it fits. It should fit but let’s confirm.
Something like this
It requires a 20mm hole

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
I understand that you are disappointed, I’m very sorry for that and we're thinking of additional ways to compensate those who had to wait for replacement parts. I hope that what we will offer will at least somewhat compensate for the fact that we don't have shield of founders replacements.

Regarding the panel that isn’t sitting perfectly flush, based on your video it looks to be due to normal flatness tolerances, about 0.5-1mm. Both the shell and the panels can have slight deviation in flatness, this an unavoidable part of the extrusion process. In your case it's easy to slightly (and very carefully) straighten the panel yourself, but since the deviation is so small I wouldn't recommend it.
It has been more than 3 months since this post and I'm done with this company, and with supporting any kickstarter projects. There is clearly no intention to compensate any of us in any way.

The extremely long waits aside, you had explicitly agreed to replace the cracked shield of founders. That was a lie.

This is the replacement panel received and one corner sticks out like a sore thumb. My other panels sit perfectly flush. If this is within normal tolerances, I suppose that speaks volumes about the quality of your product.

I'm not hoping to get anything anymore out of this and this will be my last post. Hopefully this thread serves as a warning to anyone considering purchasing from Thorzone. Their integrity and their products will leave you disappointed.

• Sad
Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
It has been more than 3 months since this post and I'm done with this company, and with supporting any kickstarter projects. There is clearly no intention to compensate any of us in any way.

The extremely long waits aside, you had explicitly agreed to replace the cracked shield of founders. That was a lie.

This is the replacement panel received and one corner sticks out like a sore thumb. My other panels sit perfectly flush. If this is within normal tolerances, I suppose that speaks volumes about the quality of your product.

I'm not hoping to get anything anymore out of this and this will be my last post. Hopefully this thread serves as a warning to anyone considering purchasing from Thorzone. Their integrity and their products will leave you disappointed.

In addition to the replacement parts, we will compensate all those who received defects when the NANOQ launches.

I will check if we have any spare panels in stock, because I want you to enjoy the MJOLNIR and I am sorry for the experience.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Something like this
It requires a 20mm hole

20mm will fit, but the things that worries me is that the the power cable sticks out that way and pay block the tubes. There’s approx 12mm between the cable and the back panel. However, this is for the smaller 11L NANOQ S, on NANOQ R there’s a lot more space on each side of the power cable.

Attachments

• IMG_9413.jpeg
    IMG_9413.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9414.jpeg
    IMG_9414.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

stpain

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2023
20mm will fit, but the things that worries me is that the the power cable sticks out that way and pay block the tubes. There’s approx 12mm between the cable and the back panel. However, this is for the smaller 11L NANOQ S, on NANOQ R there’s a lot more space on each side of the power cable.
Yeah im planning for the S. This just a standard c13 to c14 cable? If so is there anything preventing me from using a straight c13 plug?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Yeah im planning for the S. This just a standard c13 to c14 cable? If so is there anything preventing me from using a straight c13 plug?

Straight plug will slightly decrease radiator space, the more importantly our power cable is low profile (the part you put into the PSU). But I think it should be possible to find alternative on AliExpress or similar.

Reactions: stpain

stpain

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2023
Straight plug will slightly decrease radiator space, the more importantly our power cable is low profile (the part you put into the PSU). But I think it should be possible to find alternative on AliExpress or similar.
Thanks for all the info :D yeah radiator space doesnt mather since pump/rad are all external so thats perfect. the cable on my nr200 is a straight c13 with a LP c14 so i probaly use that one.

really nice cant wait to build in this one, when can we expect reviews up?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Speaking of which, now that’s a tight fit 🤤 Inno3D RTX4080 X3. It’s going to be tiny in the NANOQ R though. Time to start a NANOQ thread shortly, just need to finish my torture tests and final modifications.

Attachments

• IMG_9605.jpeg
    IMG_9605.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9550.jpeg
    IMG_9550.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 71

stpain

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2023
Speaking of which, now that’s a tight fit 🤤 Inno3D RTX4080 X3. It’s going to be tiny in the NANOQ R though. Time to start a NANOQ thread shortly, just need to finish my torture tests and final modifications.
Just add a waterblock to it pcb is one of the smallest on the market

im using a inno3d 4090 frostbite pro myself 👌

btw whats the thickness of the backside?

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just add a waterblock to it pcb is one of the smallest on the market

im using a inno3d 4090 frostbite pro myself 👌

btw whats the thickness of the backside?

Going to do a custom loop for the NANOQ R, for the S I wanted to cram in the biggest GPU that can fit in there for demonstration purposes haha 🤣

Thickness is between 5.5-10mm, because the back panel is concave. At the bottom near the power connector it's 10mm.

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
That's one tight fit.

I do wonder if it would be possible to fit a full size fan with radiator under the GPU, if it used a 90 degree riser cable instead:
(I know that one is too short, but in principle)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That's one tight fit.

I do wonder if it would be possible to fit a full size fan with radiator under the GPU, if it used a 90 degree riser cable instead:
(I know that one is too short, but in principle)

The thermals are freaking amazing so far, very happy, especially compared to my experience with MJOLNIR…it’s an improvement on every level 😄 Will publish all my findings in due time.

Just to clarify, you mean a 120x25mm fan under the GPU instead of 120x15 (slim fan)? Unfortunately that won’t be possible, even with that riser (which will create other even bigger problems since it will put the PCIE slot in the wrong place for the GPU). Space underneath the motherboard is 43mm, so typical 27mm thick rad + 15mm thick fan. On the PSU side you can easily use a thick 25mm fan or more. You can of course use a 17mm radiator with 2 120x25mm fans, but I’m not sure if that’s better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
When are the new cases expected to arrive Alex? Thanks

It will likely be late November or mid-December. After reviewing them we decided to updates a couple of parts in both models to gets as close to perfection as possible. This means we must re-manufacture some parts before sending them to reviewers.

Reactions: L91

Cedricmk2

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 7, 2023
Hi Alex,

Will it be possible to run a dual radiator custom loop in the Nanoq? I was hoping to run a single slot watercooled gpu and then install a radiator in the gap.

Cheers

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi Alex,

Will it be possible to run a dual radiator custom loop in the Nanoq? I was hoping to run a single slot watercooled gpu and then install a radiator in the gap.

Cheers

For the 16 NANOQ R, most definitely, I’ve actually modeled a loop in ordered to compile a document for you guys with all dimensions and parts.

For the 11L NANOQ S, this will also be possible, I’m currently modeling it.

Below demo is for the NANOQ R.

Attachments

• 75F968F7-2174-4FAA-A98B-6A6236A59B44.jpeg
    75F968F7-2174-4FAA-A98B-6A6236A59B44.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 53
  • nanoq_r_r1_custom_loop.4.jpeg
    nanoq_r_r1_custom_loop.4.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: stpain

stpain

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2023
For the 16 NANOQ R, most definitely, I’ve actually modeled a loop in ordered to compile a document for you guys with all dimensions and parts.

For the 11L NANOQ S, this will also be possible, I’m currently modeling it.

Below demo is for the NANOQ R.

When can we expect the model for the nanoq S, I have a really hard time finding a pass-through fitting for a 10mm panel. So hopefully this will give me some ideas on how to plan my loop :)

Also how is the gpu mounted to the panel, you said before it wasnt possible to mount 2 seperate pci brackets next to each other, So i might just hot glue my current pci pass-through bracket next to the gpu. i think that should be possible with a 1 slot gpu

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
When can we expect the model for the nanoq S, I have a really hard time finding a pass-through fitting for a 10mm panel. So hopefully this will give me some ideas on how to plan my loop :)

Also how is the gpu mounted to the panel, you said before it wasnt possible to mount 2 seperate pci brackets next to each other, So i might just hot glue my current pci pass-through bracket next to the gpu. i think that should be possible with a 1 slot gpu

I'm working on it now, should have something in the next 2 weeks. By model you mean a custom loop demo of the NANOQ S right? :)

The GPU is mounted with a thumb screw and a washer to the “Shift panel” that sits inside the back panel, it’s mounted from the inside, see attached pics. This squeeze mechanism will be able to clamp down on both standalone pci brackets, but it’s not as optimal as having a dual-pci bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_9791.jpeg
    IMG_9791.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 31