• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
Anyone have trouble fitting the ASUS B760i in this case? Just got it, but it wont sit flush with the backplate cutout.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Asus has a big problem with the accuracy (Meeting the Std Spec of other MFGs) of the upper part of their IO cover/VRM cooling enclosure at the top. I had the same problem with SFFTime PATX case, in which I had to modify the case and the IO "GENTLY" to get it to fit. (Mild cutting and grinding). You will note their boards are not made in-house and have not been for some time, Pegatron and others are the 3rd party contractors, after the split-off of Asrock. Pegatron may have separated from Asus now, but they still do not Mfg in-house.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Still, once a PCIe 4.0 riser become a bit more available and robust, we'll work out a good deal for everyone who wants (it will be the cheapest PCIe 4 riser upgrade on the planet). We even designed our own, but the cable supply is pretty weak right now, especially since we need really really high quality cables.

I was just wondering: where can I buy this "cheapest PCIe 4 riser upgrade on the planet"?

In case you are not offering it anymore: which other riser will fit into Mjolnir? The only one I could find is this one:
LINKUP Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16 Riser Cable Dual Reverse Connectors (19 cm)

And a general question to those who have upgraded their riser cables from gen3 to gen4: is it worth almost 80$?

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I was just wondering: where can I buy this "cheapest PCIe 4 riser upgrade on the planet"?

In case you are not offering it anymore: which other riser will fit into Mjolnir? The only one I could find is this one:
LINKUP Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16 Riser Cable Dual Reverse Connectors (19 cm)

And a general question to those who have upgraded their riser cables from gen3 to gen4: is it worth almost 80$?

The Louqe cable should fit as well, @N9neBreak3r has it as installed and maybe can give you a tip regarding the length. Newer ADT-link models should also work (we will use them in NANOQ, specifically the M33JK). Currently, on my 3080 + 5900x I don’t see any difference between Gen 3 and 4, so as of today I wouldn’t personally upgrade. $80-$100 is a lot of cash IMO. However, having a Gen 4 cable does make it a lot easier to install new hardware (the PC will post and you don’t have to pre-set the PCIe slot to gen3 in the BIOS).

Reactions: keepcoding

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone Are you planning to open a new thread for Nanoq? 🙂 When can be expect the first reviews? Looks like a really nice case, might be inclined to get one if it is not too expensive (i.e. cheaper than Mjolnir).

Yes, will definitely post about it here soon. The base models will be somewhat cheaper than MJOLNIR in total since the price will include international shipping. Not cheaper by much at all though, they are insanely expensive to produce (on par with MJOLNIR).

We are currently finishing the big NANOQ R mould currently, so it dictates when we can actually launch. Here’s the rough timeline:

- September: finish the production model
- October: send them to reviewers and get the review videos posted
- November: launch

Looks at these juicy NANOQ S shells that we just finished 🤤:

Attachments

• IMG_8629.jpeg
    IMG_8629.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8628.jpeg
    IMG_8628.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 55

shaggyaus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 4, 2023
@AlexTzone - Is there an updated list of AIO coolers for the Mjolnir? The originally-spec'ed Corsair H60/H60i are no longer available.

Will the Corsair H60x RGB Elite work? The tech specs don't give XYZ dimensions.
I just bought this cooler and it fits JUST with the performance panels - it does slightly protude if you have the glass panel on unfortunately. I haven't tried any sort of pressure to get it to fit, but it is just that bit too much tall if you want the glass panels on.

@AlexTzone I am also having trouble with the God Rays using the Corsair H60x Elite. If I plug the Godrays straight into the motherboard they work, but it i try and add them to the Corsair ARGB splitter that I am plugging into the motherboard (because of the AIO and fans), it doesn't work and turns off all the other ARGB in the system. Is there a way to get the Godrays to work with other ARGB in my PC using an ARGB splitter?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I just bought this cooler and it fits JUST with the performance panels - it does slightly protude if you have the glass panel on unfortunately. I haven't tried any sort of pressure to get it to fit, but it is just that bit too much tall if you want the glass panels on.

@AlexTzone I am also having trouble with the God Rays using the Corsair H60x Elite. If I plug the Godrays straight into the motherboard they work, but it i try and add them to the Corsair ARGB splitter that I am plugging into the motherboard (because of the AIO and fans), it doesn't work and turns off all the other ARGB in the system. Is there a way to get the Godrays to work with other ARGB in my PC using an ARGB splitter?

I have unfortunately not tried it myself, but ARGB is digital RGB right?

shaggyaus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 4, 2023
Yes correct. When I plug the God rays into the 5V header it works. Same if I plug the Corsair AIO and fan which both have Digital RGB on them, directly into the motherboard 5V header - it works (but uses a splitter that came with the AIO).

Is there anyway to use the Godrays with other Digital rgb components? Did you initially have a controller with the launch of Mholnir would that be the solution?

shaggyaus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 4, 2023
Yes correct. When I plug the God rays into the 5V header it works. Same if I plug the Corsair AIO and fan which both have Digital RGB on them, directly into the motherboard 5V header - it works (but uses a splitter that came with the AIO).

Is there anyway to use the Godrays with other Digital rgb components? Did you initially have a controller with the launch of Mholnir would that be the solution?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Do the godrays work if you use the splitter without connecting anything else to it? i.e. motherboard -> splitter -> godrays

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey
I really like what i see so far about the nanoq i do will i be able to use a pcie pass through bracket with it?

something like this

Really appreciate it! :D It would sure fit, but I'm not sure how it would be fixed in place properly.

stpain

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2023
Really appreciate it! :D It would sure fit, but I'm not sure how it would be fixed in place properly.
yeah thats what i was afraid off.. do you think it will be possible to mod 2 G1/4" outlets on the backside on the nano-q , like on both sides of the power connector will it physsicaly fit?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
yeah thats what i was afraid off.. do you think it will be possible to mod 2 G1/4" outlets on the backside on the nano-q , like on both sides of the power connector will it physsicaly fit?

Can you link me to a G1/4 part that has the dimensions, I will compare it to our 3D models and see if it fits. It should fit but let’s confirm.