• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
@AlexTzone I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your responses. I'm sure you are busy with so many things so it is greatly appreciated.

I know we won't always like the the responses that are given or the decisions that are made, but your engagement to the community goes a long way, IMO.

P.S. I like the logo. It's simple, unique, and easily distinguishable as the ThorZone logo.

Also.. Welcome to page 200!

Last edited:

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
I'd reccomend to anyone building in a sub 10L case that they buy or make custom cables. Especially if your build makes use of an AIO/custom loop and/or multiple RGB cables to route. It will allow panels to sit flush as they should, improve thermals and make your build and on going maintenence much simpler.
When your already spending $400 on a niche sff case you should definetly have room in your budget for custom cables. Sff is an expensive, challenging and rewarding hobby that takes extensive planning and trial and error.
+1, I used the CableMod voucher that came with my ASUS motherboard and got some custom cables made that made everything much neater and improved airflow. Prior to that, I also had an issue keeping the O2 panels in.

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
@AlexTzone I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your responses. I'm sure you are busy with so many things so it is greatly appreciated.

I know we won't always like the the responses that are given or the decisions that are made, but your engagement to the community goes a long way, IMO.

P.S. I like the logo. It's simple, unique, and easily distinguishable as the ThorZone logo.

Also.. Welcome to page 200!
It's a beautiful case, especially for the first one they ever made. Personally, it's my favourite thing on my desk.

Gratuitous desk photo:

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
My recommendations for the next Mjolnir (only my opinion) :

- Make it larger : At least 66mm clearance for the CPU cooler (NH-L12 <3), and enough for 3 slots GPU, since GPU become larger due to cooling requirements.
- The big single piece of aluminum should have a smaller footprint : So all the panels can be larger, and the case « would » be lighter.
- The panels should have lot more holes that nearly recover all the panel : More airflow, you should consider mesh panels as an add-on or something.
- Standoffs for the PSU is a must have : Since new high end FEs have this weird new design (and prices between FE and customs are veeeery different), this would be much appreciated to put the PSU as far as possible from the GPU.

I know it changes completely the case haha but imo these would be a game changer.

Cheers and good luck.

(And don’t say ANYTHING about ETA 😂)

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I'd reccomend to anyone building in a sub 10L case that they buy or make custom cables. Especially if your build makes use of an AIO/custom loop and/or multiple RGB cables to route. It will allow panels to sit flush as they should, improve thermals and make your build and on going maintenence much simpler.
When your already spending $400 on a niche sff case you should definetly have room in your budget for custom cables. Sff is an expensive, challenging and rewarding hobby that takes extensive planning and trial and error.
A big recommendation from me is PSlate Customs, they make specifically made custom cables for basically all major SFF cases out there. Their unsleeved ones are thing and easily to bend/train, highly recommend them! :)

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
Way back during the Livestream before the cases were starting shipping I had the notion that they should create a "Stormbreaker", based on Mjolnir but sized to fit a 280mm slim rad with fans (55mm total) instead of the 120mm AIO + fan. The extra width afforded by the extra 2cm would allow for larger videocards & CPU cooling so that the case could more easily support modern high end hardware without the current level of compromise required. The extra 2-3cm height to fit fans on the rad on both sides would also help to keep the proportions & avoid it becoming a bit more of a square from the front, plus allow for more room for wires coming out of the PSU.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
1 - What will be the price for the gen 4 riser upgrade?

2 - I can't wait to get my Dark version

I'm also working on a 3D printed brackets to mount for under desk:

a bit like this but for the MJOLNIR : ( project by u/xelu )

the original link here :
Unfortunately, I have no more space on my desk and I know .. what a shame to hide this case .. but I have no choice. I will print this in PETG for a good resistance.

If anyone is interested, I would post the .stl file here when done

where is the kickstarter on this - this is a HUGE need

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I have a couple of ideas that should work, will try myself first. Basically involves disconnecting the riser from the motherboard and bending it a bit so there's as little cable slack upwards as possible.
Let us know - I can't fit the filter because I had to push the PSU a bit to have space for cables. I hasn't bother me in the last 3 months - just wishful thinking...i mean since I've reversed the case, the filter problem is at the bottom not the top so you don't know its just uncovered unless I lift it.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
It has been a while since i've been on - any one can reference me on the last update on shipment for the "upgrade" purchases?
Are we now looking at December ish? (saw a few post about delays so checking in)

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
Has there been trouble with the couriers @AlexTzone I think its already been 7 business days since the test shipments went out

Thanks for this.

@AlexTzone, I sent an email to contact@thor-zone.com and PM'd you more than a week ago but did not get any response. I understand that you are busy that is why I decided to wait for 10 days before following up.

I'm part of the ROW. I did not anticipate that the delay will take this long. I will be moving out at around November and currently looking for a new place to move in. If I knew, I should have not preordered the case. I'm requesting to cancel my preorder. I know that you can still use the case that I preordered as a replacement case for the KS/B1 preorders or your ongoing/future preorders.

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
Even if you ship the case today, there is no guarantee that I'll receive the case in time because of courier/customs/etc delays.

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
where is the kickstarter on this - this is a HUGE need
I doubt that a kickstarter is really useful for this project because it only concerns a few users of this case. In addition, the original creator of this project ( u/xelu ) has already put the free .stl on his reddit, but for the Dan A4 SFX. I don't know if it's suitable for MJOLNIR. I'm doing something quite similar but with the MJOLNIR measurements present on the Thor Zone website. I am waiting to have it in hand to finalize this and I will put the .stl here. Afterwards, everyone is free to print it by themselves or to have it printed by a company on the internet. Many people offer inexpensive printing services, especially on Etsy.com

Nobodyseven

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2021
@AlexTzone my package stucked at customs duty 3 days ago. Already wrote email. In this situation the shipping company (in my case Fedex) inform you. Tracking page sad: "Clearance delay - ImportClearance instructions from the importer are required." . I don't get any email from Fedex and the price also contains all of the VAT's but since the KS campagin the EU rules changed about Chine package. Thanks for the answer!

• Sad
Reactions: ARC1T3CT

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
@AlexTzone my package stucked at customs duty 3 days ago. Already wrote email. In this situation the shipping company (in my case Fedex) inform you. Tracking page sad: "Clearance delay - ImportClearance instructions from the importer are required." . I don't get any email from Fedex and the price also contains all of the VAT's but since the KS campagin the EU rules changed about Chine package. Thanks for the answer!
I believe that since the end of July 2021, all products from China to Europe must not exceed 150 euros, otherwise there are customs fees. It is for this reason that it is now impossible to order on Aliexpress products worth more than 150 euros to Europe. It is also necessary, still for Europe I believe, to register a customs tariff number now. This information may be required on customs forms for international shipments. Requirements may vary depending on the carrier and shipping destination. If there is no such number, the package may be blocked at customs indefinitely or even returned.

The correct number for each product can be found here : https://www.tariffnumber.com/

Last edited:

EchoDot

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 23, 2021
Hey guys I just wanted a update on the batch 2/3 will be delivered. i have asked this a couple of times but i am so excited for the case

Reactions: RE4MATT3D

nik3563

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2021
Hey guys I just wanted a update on the batch 2/3 will be delivered. i have asked this a couple of times but i am so excited for the case
According to their social media, the cases should be finished in October. In fact you can see production photos there. My guess is, that most cases will be shipped in November.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
More airflow, you should consider mesh panels as an add-on or something.
Mesh Panels sold as a stand-alone/upgrade would be so awesome for a future pre-order drop! Considering all the panels attach magnetically it would be easy for batch 1 owners to buy them as a stand-alone upgrade. I would love mesh panels similar to the FormD T1, they allow airflow and are partially see through. Especially designed with Mjolnir's aesthetic style!

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
Mesh Panels sold as a stand-alone/upgrade would be so awesome for a future pre-order drop! Considering all the panels attach magnetically it would be easy for batch 1 owners to buy them as a stand-alone upgrade. I would love mesh panels similar to the FormD T1, they allow airflow and are partially see through. Especially designed with Mjolnir's aesthetic style!

O2 side panels would work nicely I think.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r