• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Very sloppy clip, but hopefully you guys still get something out of it :) @hoanghiep2111 for the loose Shield, need to test a couple of solutions. First thing that comes to mind is gluing it in one of the corners or adding a thin strip of some rubber. Probably not the best solutions for now.

(Youtube still processing the 4K res)

For any photographers out there: here's a good example of way too much bokeh...

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
My unboxing:

Dark, Performance and Tempered Glass Panels, Booster Cell and God Rays.
Wow! Just watch the video! I'm blown away by the quality. The shell feels like a microfiber cloth, it's that smooth! Mine was packed with the new tape method. It's very sturdy! No damage at all to my shell, panels, core, booster cell, anywhere! I had no magnets and no feet fall off! Will inspect closer when I get a chance but it looks perfect! This case is next level, like better than FormD T1 quality! Thank you so much Alex and team! You've built the most gorgeous case that has ever existed! You guys should be extremely proud!

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Absolutely ecstatic to be building my boyfriend’s build. It was a bit disappointing to wait the lengthy time it took to receive the case as a kickstarter, but finally having it is great.

Quality of the case is great, wish the magnets were stronger so they don’t just pop out with the slightest pressure from internal cables. Custom cables are a definite must with a water cooler.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with a Cooler Master MF120 Halo
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra
RAM: G.Skill Tridentz Royal Silver, 64GB (2 x 32GB) at 3600 with Cas 16 (F4-3600C16D-64GTRS)
Storage: 2 TB Gigabyte Aorus PCIE 4.0
PSU: Corsair SF750
Case: Thor-zone Mjolnir
Case Fan: Thermalright TL-C12015S
Custom Accessory: Fan grill for the Cooler Master MF120 Halo.
Custom Cables: J-Hack Kit 😊 SUPER awesome.

Build is quiet and cool. The 120mm AIO is more than enough to keep the 5950X cool. If I keep the 5950X on eco mode, it idles at 35 C, and peaks up at 59 C.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
My unboxing:

Dark, Performance and Tempered Glass Panels, Booster Cell and God Rays.
Wow! Just watch the video! I'm blown away by the quality. The shell feels like a microfiber cloth, it's that smooth! Mine was packed with the new tape method. It's very sturdy! No damage at all to my shell, panels, core, booster cell, anywhere! I had no magnets and no feet fall off! Will inspect closer when I get a chance but it looks perfect! This case is next level, like better than FormD T1 quality! Thank you so much Alex and team! You've built the most gorgeous case that has ever existed! You guys should be extremely proud!

OH YEAAAAAAH!! So happy to hear that man, awesome video! Thanks so much for the kind words, you can’t image how much that means for us to hear after all this time of trying to get the cases out to you guys — all stressful moments, panic, etc dwindle into the vacuum after such feedback. Can’t wait to see what crazy stuff you come up with in the MJOLNIR, it’s going to be epic to follow!! 😍

IMPORTANT: I’m not sure what ARGB means, but if it’s analog RGB it’s not — they are 5V Digital RGBs. Just thought it might be best to say, so you don’t accidentally connect them to the wrong header 😅 Also, 100% sure that mark on the top panel is glue residue.

Absolutely ecstatic to be building my boyfriend’s build. It was a bit disappointing to wait the lengthy time it took to receive the case as a kickstarter, but finally having it is great.

Quality of the case is great, wish the magnets were stronger so they don’t just pop out with the slightest pressure from internal cables. Custom cables are a definite must with a water cooler.

Specs:
RAM: G.Skill Tridentz Royal Silver, 64GB (2 x 32GB) at 3600 with Cas 16 (F4-3600C16D-64GTRS)

Build is quiet and cool. The 120mm AIO is more than enough to keep the 5950X cool. If I keep the 5950X on eco mode, it idles at 35 C, and peaks up at 59 C.

Amazing build!! Really happy that you finally have your case after the loooong(est) wait. Really love that your cables are so clean, complete opposite compared to my personal rig (noodles overflow). How’s the 3090 doing, is it used with glass or performance panels? 😄

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
OH YEAAAAAAH!! So happy to hear that man, awesome video! Thanks so much for the kind words, you can’t image how much that means for us to hear after all this time of trying to get the cases out to you guys — all stressful moments, panic, etc dwindle into the vacuum after such feedback. Can’t wait to see what crazy stuff you come up with in the MJOLNIR, it’s going to be epic to follow!! 😍

Amazing build!! Really happy that you finally have your case after the loooong(est) wait. Really love that your cables are so clean, complete opposite compared to my personal rig (noodles overflow). How’s the 3090 doing, is it used with glass or performance panels? 😄
3090 is with a performance panel. Temperatures are great. Maxes out at 70C with gaming on Metro Exodus + Ray Tracing on a ultrawide monitor. I did undervolt it to reduce power consumption.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021

Specs:

nice build!!!
Questions:
- how much space you got there with that EVGA hugging the front lol
- from the picture I believe you've fliped the cooling around right?

please explain the recommended custom cables, what kind of issues did you face? I have stock cables going to be put in so I don't know how much of a problem this will be. thanks

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
nice build!!!
Questions:

please explain the recommended custom cables, what kind of issues did you face? I have stock cables going to be put in so I don't know how much of a problem this will be. thanks

Had to get a quick word in — if you check our YouTube stream from February, I use stock cables in my own case (SF600), so it definitely works but I did quite a bit of cable “pre-bending” to make it fit ok.

Reactions: beerbuddha

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
you mean the 4hrs Q&A? will take a look I watched 55% of it

Yes exactly, at 2:49:08 you have a decent view of it!

By Argb I meant addressable, lol yeah don't worry I'll be hooking them to the 5v header haha! But thanks for the heads up just in case!

Aaahhh makes sense! :)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
nice build!!!
Questions:

1) Enough space for my to stuff cables behind the card and in front of it. Since I would only ever see the glass panel side, I didn't mind too much if the GPU side had some cabling.

Yeah! I flipped it so both fans (slim fan and fan on AIO) is exhausting heat out of the case. CPU and GPU temps are great with this setup.

I got custom cables from J-Hack's M2626 kit. You should check it out, very easy to make it clean and small.

I tried with stock and found it a bit harder to manage esp with an AIO + full size fan. Possible, but the custom cables makes things look so much cleaner.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
I don't want to think bad, but it seems that they are delaying EU shipments as far as they can in order to benefit from the new regulation that starts in July. All the other stuff sounds like excuses to me. It drives me crazy that some non backer will receive the case month/s before me.

What new regulation? I don't think ThorZone would benefit from that. If they indeed pay less (for whatever new regulation), the different will (and must) be refunded as they promised.

@AlexTzone: Are there any cases shipped this week at all?

Last edited:

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
What new regulation? I don't think ThorZone would benefit from that. If they indeed pay less (for whatever new regulation), the different will (and must) be refunded as they promised.

@AlexTzone: Are there any cases shipped this week at all?

"Who will benefit from this proposal?
  • Businesses will benefit from a substantial reduction in cross-border VAT compliance costs. This will facilitate greater cross-border trade."

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

"Who will benefit from this proposal?
  • Businesses will benefit from a substantial reduction in cross-border VAT compliance costs. This will facilitate greater cross-border trade."

To be frank, I didn’t even know about this new policy (too much going on with the cases to pay attention to anything else in the world). Looking at it, it seems to make zero difference to us and only negatively impacts sellers outside of Europe, why:

• We are in the EU and have to pay VAT etc regardless (which is already calculated into the substantially higher shipping costs to EU).

• If you sell to the EU from for example China (not applicable to us; while we ship from China, we are selling from Sweden), the EU has found a way to start charging you VAT (something you previously didn’t have to care about).

So inside-EU shops and outside-EU shops are equalized in their competition because both are forced to pay VAT now (in practice I have a feeling this will fail miserably, good luck getting a Chinese company to register in EU unless they are huge like DJI). So it makes zero difference to us and a negative difference to non-EU sellers. At least that’s what I understood from it (the fact that EU talks about an increase in VAT revenue seems to support what I’m saying) 🤔 @dondan perhaps you can confirm or correct the above?

If you think a government or EU will charge you less taxes, think again ;)