• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Also when I do post pics brace yourself for the glorious 2008-era video card. Looks real ridiculous.
prepare black sails GIF by STARZ

• Haha
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

confusingboat

Case Bender
New User
Jun 2, 2021
Just got mine yesterday. Overall I'm very pleased with the result, especially for a first attempt. The core could be tighter once locked, but I'll find a way to rectify that, nbd.

Though I'm wondering, is anyone else's glass not mounted tight into the panel frame? All three of mine are loose and jiggle around.

Reactions: AlexTzone

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Just got mine yesterday. Overall I'm very pleased with the result, especially for a first attempt. The core could be tighter once locked, but I'll find a way to rectify that, nbd.

Though I'm wondering, is anyone else's glass not mounted tight into the panel frame? All three of mine are loose and jiggle around.
wutcha put in? Also type of cases and extra?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

This is by design, we wanted to avoid too tight squeeze on the glass or it would 100% shatter in assembly (bending the aluminium glass frames apart vertically would make them bow inwards horizontally and make things go *clink*). Unfortunately the glass is merciless when it comes to sound, i.e. even 0.25 mm wiggle-room will make it rattle if you shake it. However, maybe we can work something out here, like an O-ring or something, if you guys have any ideas please let me know and we’ll make it happen 🤔

Also, interesting observation on the Core! Maybe it’s possible to add some sort of material to the small lock pin that locks it to the Shell. Right now it’s aluminium on aluminium (w. small tolerance gap to ensure it goes in). However, if we add a compressible material to the pin it may work to get a “tighter” lock on the Core & Shell. Right now, the core definitely won’t fall out because the lock knob is locked in tight (won’t just turn by itself), but there’s a small movement (0.25mm) once the Shell and Core are locked and you try to jank out the Core.

Last edited:

Wiliker

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 12, 2021
Had a question regarding the booster cell (I didn't order the RGB strips). Connecting a fan to the booster cell and motherboard is possible without the RGB strips?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone

Is this normal? The front panel doesn't jiggle at all on the other 3 sides, but this one really want to disco.

I will upload more pictures shortly, just got my case.

Simple solution:
  1. Untighten the screws that hold the front panel
  2. Slide the top / bottom grills more up / down respectively
  3. Tighten the screws again (not too much)
You can make it sit as rock solid as you like. Similar process for the Booster Cell. I'll upload a video :)

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
Simple solution:
  1. Untighten the screws that hold the front panel
  2. Slide the top / bottom grills more up / down respectively
  3. Tighten the screws again (not too much)
You can make it sit as rock solid as you like. Similar process for the Booster Cell. I'll upload a video :)
One more thing, my founder shield is loose. Any quickfix for this?

confusingboat

Case Bender
New User
Jun 2, 2021
wutcha put in? Also type of cases and extra?
I got the Mjolnir R + 2x panel sets. I probably won't use the glass panels or the RGB, but I like having options. I haven't even started the build yet. I was intending to build my new workstation in this case, but then 2020 happened and I ended up doing a triple 240mm rad custom loop with a 5950X and 3090 in the NR200. I'm going to try to replicate something similarly nonsensical in this case but with smaller diameter tubes and less rad space. Might go with another 5950X, but tone the GPU down since that's where most of the heat comes from.

This is by design, we wanted to avoid too tight squeeze on the glass or it would 100% shatter in assembly (bending the aluminium glass frames apart vertically would make them bow inwards horizontally and make things go *clink*). Unfortunately the glass is merciless when it comes to sound, i.e. even 0.25 mm wiggle-room will make it rattle if you shake it. However, maybe we can work something out here, like an O-ring or something, if you guys have any ideas please let me know and we’ll make it happen 🤔
This makes complete sense, thanks for the explanation! I think gaskets would be a great idea. I'm a fan of high density foam and have used it in several projects, so something like that might work well if you lined the areas that contact the glass; it would compress when the glass is inserted to hold it in place safely and quietly.

Also, interesting observation on the Core! Maybe it’s possible to add some sort of material to the small lock pin that locks it to the Shell. Right now it’s aluminium on aluminium (w. small tolerance gap to ensure it goes in). However, if we add a compressible material to the pin it may work to get a “tighter” lock on the Core & Shell. Right now, the core definitely won’t fall out because the lock knob is locked in tight (won’t just turn by itself), but there’s a small movement (0.25mm) once the Shell and Core are locked and you try to jank out the Core.
That could work. I was thinking something like a small nylon ramp/bump on the shell that the latch engages with as you turn it, but I'm not sure how well that would play with tolerances.

TerryUSA

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2021
Hi Terry, please send us an email and we'll take a better look at this. I'm sure we can figure something out for you :)

Note: if anybody has similar concerns, emailing us is a lot better than posting here, it's easier to keep track & we don't have to go through the latest 10 pages on this thread to find all the info.

Alex, I am posting back here again because I sent an email using your site and have to get get a reply.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Had a question regarding the booster cell (I didn't order the RGB strips). Connecting a fan to the booster cell and motherboard is possible without the RGB strips?
Yes it is possible. Its part of the manual...inside the manual you stop at step 2. (step 3 is for RGB)

Reactions: Wiliker