• RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
honestly wasn't meant as a personal attack, sorry about that. I just wanted to point out that (probably) a minority will like the appearance of an anodization mismatch.
Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

cwolf

Cable Smoosher
Jun 2, 2021
Hello!

Just got my Mjolnir today (Dark, US) and it's awesome! Fantastic build quality and no blemishes or loose parts, but some of the rubber corners fell out when I tried to reinsert the core. Some feedback for v2:
  • Magnetized screws would be excellent (the fact that they aren't already is a real bummer)
  • Segregating/labeling different screw types
  • The magnetized windows leave no tolerance for cables pushing against the walls. Perhaps have the windows attach from the inside?
  • It's really easy to have your finger get caught when inserting the core (and it's hard to get blood off the anodizing)
  • It didn't do anything to help me get a GPU :(
and unfortunately my existing GPU is water cooled and won't fit - so I'd like an award for "most underpowered Mjolnir" with my HD4850

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Hello!

Just got my Mjolnir today (Dark, US) and it's awesome! Fantastic build quality and no blemishes or loose parts, but some of the rubber corners fell out when I tried to reinsert the core. Some feedback for v2:
  • Magnetized screws would be excellent (the fact that they aren't already is a real bummer)
  • Segregating/labeling different screw types
  • The magnetized windows leave no tolerance for cables pushing against the walls. Perhaps have the windows attach from the inside?
  • It's really easy to have your finger get caught when inserting the core (and it's hard to get blood off the anodizing)
  • It didn't do anything to help me get a GPU :(
and unfortunately my existing GPU is water cooled and won't fit - so I'd like an award for "most underpowered Mjolnir" with my HD4850
1. are you saying you lost a finger while assembling this? lol
2. interesting observations!
3. are you willing to show us your completed Dark Mjolnir? Everyone has been showing off stealth.

Thanks!

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Looks like my watercooled 3090 with active backplate won’t fit 😭
What if (somehow) use/make a single pci bracket for the GPU and rise the riser by exactly 1pci width, towards the exterior of the case with some M3 "motherboard-styled" spacers? Depending on the model you'll lose some DP/HDMI ports but it could be doable. The real challenge would be keeping that beast cool with a 120 rad though 🤔

Reactions: AP2 and N9neBreak3r

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Reactions: beerbuddha

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
The new EK aio is so nice, unfortunately won't fit inside Mjolnir :(

Do you mean:
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-aio-120-d-rgb (dimensions)

I thought they would fit, but would require more manuevering.

No they mean: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-nucleus-aio-cr120-lux-d-rgb
The radiator and pump are simply too big to fit.

The one you linked could fit snuggly (pump height is 53mm, max supported in Mjolnir is ~51mm)

If you maneuver a bit you can fit 54mm w performance panels 👌 Have to install the cooler after inserting the core into the shell.

AIO are for the weaks ! That's how you're supposed to cool a Mjolnir 😁

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
What if (somehow) use/make a single pci bracket for the GPU and rise the riser by exactly 1pci width, towards the exterior of the case with some M3 "motherboard-styled" spacers? Depending on the model you'll lose some DP/HDMI ports but it could be doable. The real challenge would be keeping that beast cool with a 120 rad though 🤔
You have the right idea!! You could even fit a water cooled strix 3090 in Mjolnir with this method! (By dropping the pcie bracket down instead of pushing it forward with spacers) I did exactly what your talking about in my formd t1 so my 3080 FE would have extra space for flow through cooling. I'm going to be doing exactly this with my Mjolnir too when I stick my water blocked 3080 in it so that I can route the tubes behind the gpu and out the empty pcie slot to the outside of the case for hookup to my external rads.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SiKiaTriK

cwolf

Cable Smoosher
Jun 2, 2021
1. are you saying you lost a finger while assembling this? lol
2. interesting observations!
3. are you willing to show us your completed Dark Mjolnir? Everyone has been showing off stealth.

Thanks!

1. Nope, but took a bit of skin off my thumb which started bleeding. Pro tip - place the shell on the core, not the core into the shell. My issue was that my fan cable got stuck at the last 5mm or so, and when I pushed it in with my thumb the entire core fell into place and clipped a bit of skin.
  2. Gracias!
  3. Working on it! I didn't get home until about 7PM last night so haven't had a ton of time, and I'm still struggling a bit with cable management. Also having an issue with the PSU not lying completely flat, but I think that's also a cable management issue, Will take another stab at it today to try to stop stuff from bulging against the panels and I'll take some photos (I'm new to SFF and coming from an 011 dynamic, so this is a bit of a challenge)