Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
"- We're 100% sure MJOLNIR will be delivered in 2021

- 95% sure it will be finished in March

- 99.99% sure it will be finished & shipped by April

- 100% sure our delivery date-precision will increase as we do more production cycles"

It is June and the Steel ones are not even finished. Do you think is UPS fault too?
You gotta give Alex and team some slack in regards to all that. It was their first time EVER producing a product from scratch and during covid. They had no frame of reference so they made the best possible estimates they could at that time. How would you fare your first time designing, sourcing, funding, producing, testing and shipping a brand new custom high quality product from scratch with a small team and immense pressure to deliver! I think we all owe Alex and team a huge amount of gratitude and praise for what they have accomplished! Instead of being upset over getting your case later than expected be excited that it's almost here and you were a part of bringing this case to life!

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
Agree,
But if it can't be delivered before July ... postpone it to the end of August due to the holiday season. (You know the horror stories of sending things back to China)

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
You gotta give Alex and team some slack in regards to all that. It was their first time EVER producing a product from scratch and during covid. They had no frame of reference so they made the best possible estimates they could at that time. How would you fare your first time designing, sourcing, funding, producing, testing and shipping a brand new custom high quality product from scratch with a small team and immense pressure to deliver! I think we all owe Alex and team a huge amount of gratitude and praise for what they have accomplished! Instead of being upset over getting your case later than expected be excited that it's almost here and you were a part of bringing this case to life!
At least they don't have to pay a CM! 😉

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
As for Steel, we've finished 30 of 150. 1-2 more assembly days required to finish it all BUT we will run out of fasteners. I've underestimated the % of fastener loss during assembly, so made an express order for additional ones (arriving next week). Not sure if this actually causes a delay for Steel since Stealth and Dark are still in occupying the shipping phase.

Note to self: if you can eat a part, order lots of extra, since they will be lost (or eaten).

• Haha
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I agree, a poorly matched panel does not count as "cool" and shouldn't happen if all parts were indeed anodized at the same time. I am also curious to hear what @AlexTzone has to say about it and how he plans to resolve issues like this.
My personal opinion was that I liked the various color metal panels as to my eyes it gives a raw and unique industrial look to the case. I never said he should think it’s “cool”, only that I personally thought it was cool and unique. No need for a sarcastic personal attack here...

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
As for Steel, we've finished 30 of 150. 1-2 more assembly days required to finish it all BUT we will run out of fasteners. I've underestimated the % of fastener loss during assembly, so made an express order for additional ones (arriving next week). Not sure if this actually causes a delay for Steel since Stealth and Dark are still in occupying the shipping phase.

Note to self: if you can eat a part, order lots of extra, since they will be lost (or eaten).
So "fastner loss during assembly" is literally "oops I dropped a screw, oh well, its teleported to Antarctica now and so there's no reason to bend over to pick it up"?

• Haha
Reactions: AlexTzone

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch

Absolutely, Alex and his team did a great job so far and I think most of us will be very grateful when we finally receive our cases. But I think you are missing the point here. The criticism is about giving unrealistic timelines. This has been a repeating thing ever since the beginning and has only marginally improved towards the very end.
If you promise something you should keep it. If you say it is 99%+ certain and it turns out to be wrong multiple times in a row, it is only natural that people start to have serious doubts and get upset.

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
My personal opinion was that I liked the various color metal panels as to my eyes it gives a raw and unique industrial look to the case. I never said he should think it’s “cool”, only that I personally thought it was cool and unique. No need for a sarcastic personal attack here...
honestly wasn't meant as a personal attack, sorry about that. I just wanted to point out that (probably) a minority will like the appearance of an anodization mismatch.

Reactions: Revenant

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So "fastner loss during assembly" is literally "oops I dropped a screw, oh well, its teleported to Antarctica now and so there's no reason to bend over to pick it up"?

Something like that, basically when you’re dealing with close to 100.000 screws -> sorting them into different compartments -> sorting the compartments to the different assembly stations. On top of all that you have sporadic chaos when somebody bumps into them and perhaps one rolls underneath a cabinet etc. At least that’s what you get told, but I think a decent % of the loss is actually teleported to Antarctica.

• Haha
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
It's UPS. My Mjolnir got picked up on the 27th and has been sitting at the airport in Hong Kong since the 28th with no movement. Delivery date originally estimated Wednesday June 2nd, now it says Friday June 4th. UPS just seems to be super backed up right now in that region of China. There's nothing Alex can do, it's up to UPS to get the cargo moving. We're all waiting together.
Can confirm. I’m in the same boat as well.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
"- We're 100% sure MJOLNIR will be delivered in 2021

- 95% sure it will be finished in March

- 99.99% sure it will be finished & shipped by April

- 100% sure our delivery date-precision will increase as we do more production cycles"

It is June and the Steel ones are not even finished. Do you think is UPS fault too?
@For_Science already raised these "confident" words that Alex used. We have asked him to provide more transparency on this.

Bottom line: keep yourself up to date here, and take the dates with a grain of salt. He has been wrong numerous times HOWEVER cases are moving. Is it slow? YES. But it will arrive.

Now I dont know about this new EU regulation. I think Alex would be the best person to provide more insight.

I just want to re-iterate: if I'm in your shoes, yes I would be antsy about it. I was very antsy about it when CAnada was expected 2-3 weeks ago, then instead of Stealth for CAD going second, dark went because they decided.

However asking for a commitment is hard because you can clearly roll 30 pages of ask. The only comfort is: they are being shipped to their best capability.
You are certainly free (which is what we are all doing) from time to time to ask Alex an update on region on latest cases being shipped.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Literally just received my case and the only issue is a gouge on the glass on one of the panels. The box itself was undamaged, so this left the factory this way.

@AlexTzone, possible to get a replace glass panel?

AWESOME! Oh dang, sure thing, please send us an email and we’ll arrange it.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I would have to say, the case is pretty damn amazing looking. Now I just need to figure out what to build in. Currently in a T1, but also have a WinterOne coming as well.
Ooo time to discuss this then, what is your game plan? all new parts or transfer over. If transfer over - wutcha got.

Im going 120mm AIO. everything going to be new EXCEPT gpu....i haven't had luck on any RTX 30X0 =(

i also got booster cell for extra cooling.

Let us know when you build it =)