• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Basically, when importing the csv into Worldship it should let you drag the header columns to their respective fields (i.e. "Name" column from the csv to the name field in the shipping window). Our problem is that the "drag below fields" window is empty, while it should display "Name" and "Company". Seems we'll still need our date with UPS tomorrow.
Normally, delimiters are what allows you to separate things (so if you have addresses with coma it will affect the results and spacing)
When I was working with duties, if the sheet required 27 columns even if you have a lot blank, they need to be present.

Even if you only have
"Name","Company"
"Alex","THORZONE"

I would recommend to check the documentation to see if you don't need every field present for the system to recognize it.

ie: "Name","Company", "Alex","THORZONE",,,,,,,,,,,,"Alex again", 555-555-555,,,,,,,
In this case each comma is a delimiter for the empty fields.

Also @AlexTzone UTF-8 is suggested, don't switch it to ANSI or else other sybols (such as pain and Netherlands) countries won't work. UTF8 is the correct standard for CSV

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Oh my god

Tried setting the delimiter to semicolon and setting Worldship to read csv with semicolons -> WORKED! Okay, let's not celebrate yet but it looks like we can map the input fields correctly. I'll go ahead and do that now, then test to import the data and see if it flies. @GuilleAcoustic the beer's on me next time you visit Sweden!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Oh my god

Tried setting the delimiter to semicolon and setting Worldship to read csv with semicolons -> WORKED! Okay, let's not celebrate yet but it looks like we can map the input fields correctly. I'll go ahead and do that now, then test to import the data and see if it flies. @GuilleAcoustic the beer's on me next time you visit Sweden!
You're very welcomed, as a software engineer I come accross way more csv than I'd like to XD.

Coma is a common delimiter for csv, but it is also a valid caracter for adresses (at least here, in France). That's why I suggested semi-colon.

UTF8 is the correct standard for csv
There's no such thing as "standard for csv". UTF-8 is the way to go most of the time, but it could also be Windows-1252 ... Or anything else. That's the never ending nightmare with non-english languages lol.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
There's no such thing as "standard for csv". UTF-8 is the way to go most of the time, but it could also be Windows-1252 ... Or anything else. That's the never ending nightmare with non-english languages lol.
i should have said "commonly used". You are right UTF-8 is not a standard by itself because I've seen so many variant within MySQL and MariaDB...UGH...the pain when I see an odd ball sybol....

Phaerim

Chassis Packer
Mar 26, 2021
You're very welcomed, as a software engineer I come accross way more csv than I'd like to XD.

Coma is a common delimiter for csv, but it is also a valid caracter for adresses (at least here, in France). That's why I suggested semi-colon.

Crazy how a forum answer might have gain us several days to get our cases 😂
Thats some good Mjolnir community right here !

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
Are stealth USA cases planned to ship before the end of the month? I might have to start planning for someone to pick it up at my house, as I'm going on vacation soon, so would appreciate an answer.

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
The CSV issue probably has to do with encoding or something. There’s a reason I still prefer to use good ol’ Notepad rather than Excel.
Comma Separated Value files are not encoded. They are basically notepad files with numbers and commas.

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Comma Separated Value files are not encoded. They are basically notepad files with numbers and commas.
Yeah but they are if you’ve created them using the wrong tools, or even saved them in e.g. Notepad using the wrong encoding type (anything but Unicode).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys! Very good news guys — tested generating 30 shipments and it all worked out very smooth. Tomorrow UPS will come by our factory and pick them up (about 6-7 hours from now), if there aren’t any problems during the pickup we’ll get busy generating the rest.

Before we get to the rest I have a question — do you guys have any good Print to PDF software to recommend? Windows print to pdf is PITA since it just pops up a whole bunch of windows and we have to guess which pdf if part of which shipment. If there’s anything that does automatic naming that would be awesome!

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I used to use Foxit PDF reader with its print to PDF function.
A recentish update has removed this feature, but it looks like it's migrated to the paid for Foxit Phantom version.
There is a free demo dowload to test it first.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
A recentish update has removed this feature, but it looks like it's migrated to the paid for Foxit Phantom version.
would concur also - FoxIT PDF is the best alternative to Adobe.... (without the big name $) its a small price for what it can flex

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

would concur also - FoxIT PDF is the best alternative to Adobe.... (without the big name $) its a small price for what it can flex

Awesome! So can it automatically save the PDFs with incremental naming? (Preferable)

Basically as soon as 1 shipment in WorldShip is processed it calls the printer, in our case it calls windows print to pdf, and requests to print 3 documents (waybill, invoice and shippers copy). I feel we’re wasting time manually naming all of them, it would be far better to have something automatic like 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf 👌

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Awesome! So can it automatically save the PDFs with incremental naming? (Preferable)

Basically as soon as 1 shipment in WorldShip is processed it calls the printer, in our case it calls windows print to pdf, and requests to print 3 documents (waybill, invoice and shippers copy). I feel we’re wasting time manually naming all of them, it would be far better to have something automatic like 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf 👌
Sure.
Here is a way to add a suffix
With Foxit PhantomPDF version 8.1 and later version, you can configure Foxit PhantomPDF PDF Printer to overwrite an existing file without prompt or automatically append a suffix to create a new document.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone and Phnx

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020

I’d script this using a few lines of PowerShell code. There’s probably tons of examples to be found online should you need help with that.

Phnx

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
UPS meeting -> fix import problem -> generate shipping labels -> ship stealth -> ship dark -> ship steel.

People aren’t machines and aren’t perfect, we have to manually fetch and label each case. Sending one color at a time is a preemptive measure to avoid mixing colors accidentally. You don’t have to deal with backers receiving the wrong color but I have to, nor is it fair to them to get the wrong color after such a delay, especially when it could be avoided. Rather than relying on hindsight we take this preemptive measure to avoid the problem all together.

Look I’m not trying to mess with you and the whole team is working pretty much all day everyday to fix this and get your cases out in the promised condition/quality. What do you gain from putting us down with harsh comments, it’s been hard to do all this at this scale and we’re almost done.

Maybe I need to take break from forums and fix the shipping and then return, even though I know it’s our fault there’s been a delay, this isn’t going to do any good taking this to the finish line (on which we’re standing with 1 foot).
Sorry if I came out as harsh, I just want your process to run as smoothly as it can in the future, and it's better if you can freely ship cases without worrying about mixing them up during shipping. You could have different color labels for the boxes or something to have a visual cue for the workers when slapping labels to them to make it super easy and reliable.

• Love

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
UPS meeting -> fix import problem -> generate shipping labels -> ship stealth -> ship dark -> ship steel.

Looks like we are at the ship stealth stage. Are we still on for shipping dark by the end of the month?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Looks like we are at the ship stealth stage. Are we still on for shipping dark by the end of the month?

Depends on how fast we ship the big regions for Stealth. As it looks now Dark is expected to be finished (assembled, packed and stored) by the end of this week. So next week it’s is our first opportunity to start. We’ll do our best to ship as many stealth this week as possible.