• RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Kylenol

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2019
DAAAAANNNNG THOSE PICTURES!
oh my god wow GIF

I've been following but haven't posted anything. I gotta say that silver is worth the wait!

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
@AlexTzone I can't remember if it was Optimum Tech or RandomFrank that showed test results stating flipped layout gives better temps, but I plan to air cool and was wondering if the 120mm fans should still be set to intake on flipped layout.. seems like running them as exhaust out the top would be more efficient than running intake against the rising hot air. Have you run any tests with the fans on exhaust on flipped layout?

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
@AlexTzone I can't remember if it was Optimum Tech or RandomFrank that showed test results stating flipped layout gives better temps, but I plan to air cool and was wondering if the 120mm fans should still be set to intake on flipped layout.. seems like running them as exhaust out the top would be more efficient than running intake against the rising hot air. Have you run any tests with the fans on exhaust on flipped layout?
This is super old but compares the various orientations/fan setups. Seems a mix of push for the front fan and pull for the back fan is recommended.

Mind you, Alex is supposed to do a new document which should have improved numbers since the new panels have better ventilation, but I assume the general logic would still apply.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
  • Previous glue for the magnets & nylon corner guards was not strong enough, but Loctite Precision Super Glue worked REALLY well and dried fast.
Hi Alex, with regards to this last post in the Kickstarter update, is this indicating that the factory will be using this super glue, or is this just saying what the end user can do to fix the loose magnets and nylon guards?

How is it going with the productions otherwise, I assume by now the factory must be in full swing with the final production with your changes incoorporated?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
How is it going with the productions otherwise, I assume by now the factory must be in full swing with the final production with your changes incoorporated
@AlexTzone and on that note, any chance of pictures or videos of production taking place at the factory? I'd love to see pictures or a video clip of the cases getting made!!!😀 (I love watching gamersnexus' factory tour videos)

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi Alex, with regards to this last post in the Kickstarter update, is this indicating that the factory will be using this super glue, or is this just saying what the end user can do to fix the loose magnets and nylon guards?

How is it going with the productions otherwise, I assume by now the factory must be in full swing with the final production with your changes incoorporated?

Don't worry the factory will be using super glue during assembly, it has worked really well thus far and we've opened/closed our MJOLNIRs a LOT in the past month.

The factories are indeed in full swing and the power cables, magnets, sheet metal parts, fasteners and plastic parts are finished now. As for the electronics, all PCBs are finished and are currently in cable assembly, should be done somewhere next week. Ventilation meshes started about two weeks ago. Packaging will start tomorrow but it's a pretty quick process (15 days till completion). All extrusions and CNCd parts are also in action and the factory has shared a lot of progress. And yes of course, everything is made to our latest revisions 🙂

The gray anodized finish is apparently going to be a tiny bit different since the factory uses a new dye (the old dye is approaching it's expiry date and the factory didn't want to have bad quality in the middle of the production batch). I've seen a bunch of comparison pics and I honestly can't tell the difference, perhaps the new one looks even better.

We're going to put up a new Kickstarter update in the coming days, waiting for some more pics from the factory still (should get them tomorrow).

@AlexTzone and on that note, any chance of pictures or videos of production taking place at the factory? I'd love to see pictures or a video clip of the cases getting made!!!😀 (I love watching gamersnexus' factory tour videos)

I have some tiny videos here and there but they are super bad quality, same goes for the photos, but we'll still include them in the next Kickstarter update. Down the line we're definitely going to visit all our partnering factories and film everything proper 😁

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Also, I don't think we've had a proper live Q&A yet. Perhaps this would be fun for you & us, what do you guys think? I'm a noob at streaming though, any ideas are very welcome :)

Duke_Krieg

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
Also, I don't think we've had a proper live Q&A yet. Perhaps this would be fun for you & us, what do you guys think? I'm a noob at streaming though, any ideas are very welcome :)
That would be a great PR move for you guys, there are quite a few armchair experts who are very concerned about their investment. Just hope you're ready for that. Reassuring us with content would go a long way.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That would be awesome! Lmk when and ill be there!

That would be a great PR move for you guys, there are quite a few armchair experts who are very concerned about their investment. Just hope you're ready for that. Reassuring us with content would go a long way.

Cool, just have to get some sort of Mic and we'll be ready to go! 😁

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Cool, just got a Mic. It should arrive in a couple of days, should be able to do the live stream a few days after that 😁 Just got some more vids from the factory as well...so it's time to draft a new KS update! :)

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Cool, just got a Mic. It should arrive in a couple of days, should be able to do the live stream a few days after that 😁 Just got some more vids from the factory as well...so it's time to draft a new KS update! :)
This sounds super exciting. Can't wait. Have you determined how you will publish the link? Will it be open to KS backers only? I want to make sure I catch it, so any heads up will be greatly appreciated.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What has been the impact of Brexit on our friends in the UK? Are they going to experience any issues with importation?

No problems that I've heard of, it's Denize side of the project (should get her on this forum under DenizeTzone haha), but shipping quotes have remained stable for all our destinations.

This sounds super exciting. Can't wait. Have you determined how you will publish the link? Will it be open to KS backers only? I want to make sure I catch it, so any heads up will be greatly appreciated.

A Youtube livestream was the first thing that popped into my mind, that's pretty much the only platform I'm familiar with haha 🤣 Everybody who is interested can join and ask questions. We can talk about anything from production and shipping to different panels, Booster cell mounting, etc etc...whatever you guys like 😁