• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I'm wondering how a 240mm radiator in the bottom with one fan on one side and the booster cell installed with the tempered glass panels on each side and something to plug the vent holes on the top (like a sheet of cardboard or poster board cut to shape) would work with a loop cooling both the cpu and gpu. Im thinking in terms of the corsair one where one fan at the top pulls air through the side radiators. In this case, utilize positive pressure to pull air through the radiator on the side without a fan. Could it work?

joelypolly

Efficiency Noob
Jan 13, 2020
I'm wondering how a 240mm radiator in the bottom with one fan on one side and the booster cell installed with the tempered glass panels on each side and something to plug the vent holes on the top (like a sheet of cardboard or poster board cut to shape) would work with a loop cooling both the cpu and gpu. Im thinking in terms of the corsair one where one fan at the top pulls air through the side radiators. In this case, utilize positive pressure to pull air through the radiator on the side without a fan. Could it work?
It might work if you create a air guide around the radiator. Also its not a fully sealed case given you also have GPU exhaust as well

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
MSI RTX 3090 Aero will fit with our case? Look like it has 2 slot GPU.
Measurements on MSI's website: 300 x 111.15 x 38.67 mm

If we compare it with the measurements in the OP of this thread and Mjolnir's website: 334 x 136 x 51 mm then purely based on size it should fit.

I question the temps that card would run at since blower style cards are optimized for server use/space and generally are quite loud/hot. I'm interested in that blower style card Alex had tested in his production sample though to hear more about it.

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
I question the temps that card would run at since blower style cards are optimized for server use/space and generally are quite loud/hot. I'm interested in that blower style card Alex had tested in his production sample though to hear more about it.
Both the Gigabyte Turbo 3090 and MSI Aero 3090 24G are two slot blower cards and will fit in Mjolnir. The Gigabyte Turbo is known to be very noisy; we don't yet know about the MSI card, which features an additional 'cooling heatsink'. Generally, 2-slot blower cards ARE hotter, because they can only have as much radiator mass as can fit in two slots, and noisier because they have one fan moving all the air instead of 2 or three. Their big advantage is their two slot width, and the fact that you can put two cards directly next to each other, allowing for four GPUs in 8 slots of chassis space. This is why all the workstation Quadro cards are blower designs. I'm not aware of any RTX 3080/70/60 blower cards yet.

In sandwich-style cases (like Mjolnir and Ghost S10) or console-style cases, the blower card can reduce CPU thermals because it is exhausting the hot air outside the case, instead of recirculating it inside the case like open air cards. This may be important if you are pushing a high core-count CPU and are getting high CPU temps with an air cooler or 120mm AIO. Optimum Tech has a great review of blower vs open air cards in SFF cases:

Noise, performance, thermals - pick two.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Both the Gigabyte Turbo 3090 and MSI Aero 3090 24G are two slot blower cards and will fit in Mjolnir. The Gigabyte Turbo is known to be very noisy; we don't yet know about the MSI card, which features an additional 'cooling heatsink'. Generally, 2-slot blower cards ARE hotter, because they can only have as much radiator mass as can fit in two slots, and noisier because they have one fan moving all the air instead of 2 or three. Their big advantage is their two slot width, and the fact that you can put two cards directly next to each other, allowing for four GPUs in 8 slots of chassis space. This is why all the workstation Quadro cards are blower designs. I'm not aware of any RTX 3080/70/60 blower cards yet.

In sandwich-style cases (like Mjolnir and Ghost S10) or console-style cases, the blower card can reduce CPU thermals because it is exhausting the hot air outside the case, instead of recirculating it inside the case like open air cards. This may be important if you are pushing a high core-count CPU and are getting high CPU temps with an air cooler or 120mm AIO. Optimum Tech has a great review of blower vs open air cards in SFF cases:

Noise, performance, thermals - pick two.
Yup I remember that video, but it would still be interesting to see the results of different setups.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What are the thermals for that beast like (temp wise)? I heard blower style cards run really hot on top of being noisy

Well let’s start with the good stuff, our card had basically the same thermals on an open test bench as it did in the MJOLNIR setup in the pic above. At stock, it could hold ok temps but the sound was horrible for a living-room gaming setup / workflow setup without headphones. It’s a server card no doubt.

I underclocked it to 1800 MHz at 0.825V and +1000 MHz to memory, which increased performance slightly but (more importantly) allowed us to lower fan speed to 50% in order to hold it slightly below thermal limit (83°C) during full synthetic load. It was about 47-50 db 30 cm from the side panel (GPU side). Now this is still quite loud but A LOT more tolerable.

Personally, we’re going to return that card since it’s super irritating that the fans don’t turn off when it’s below 50°C. When the fan is at 30% (minimum) it’s still something like 45db due to the bearings. I think it’s a good card for servers, but an annoying experience for more traditional uses. If you want to go non-liquid cooled RTX 3090, the XC3 seems like a good idea 😄

ps. Ofc had to test it at 100% fan speed, which was something like an absolutely jet engine at 70db, but held a nice 63°C without a problem 😂

I have the same motherboard. You should really upgrade to bios version 3001 that was just released. It allows for precision boost 2 and the new precision boost overdrive with offsets as well as more stable memory tuning and more stability overall with ryzen 5000/zen 3 chips!

Huge thanks for the suggestions buddy, will update to that BIOS ASAP! :)

Hey would you guys be able to measure out some rough cabling lengths from PSU to GPU, CPU, Mobo ATX? Wanting to go custom and would love to have them done before my case arrives!

Embarrassingly, right now we’re total noobs at custom cables. So I’m just not confident I’ll give you correct dimensions and you may turn up with something beautiful that’s a bit off. Please let us send you the case first 🥲😅

Just did it through the website. I think that goes through your guys’ email?

Got it, as well as @N9neBreak3r email and another one as well. Don’t worry guys, we’ve marked them for when it’s time :)

Last edited:

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020
Embarrassingly, right now we’re total noobs at custom cables. So I’m just not confident I’ll give you correct dimensions and you may turn up with something beautiful that’s a bit off. Please let us send you the case first 🥲😅
Okay, thanks guys. Might just try and build a mock-up based on web-dimensions for now. I’m sure there will be some batch 1 folks who go custom I can ask later!

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020
Quick question, I might have missed this in other comments or updates, but did you guys do anything to address the scraping of the riser cable as seen in Optimum Tech’s YouTube video? It looks a bit too tight for my comforts there! Thanks in advance for any info!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Quick question, I might have missed this in other comments or updates, but did you guys do anything to address the scraping of the riser cable as seen in Optimum Tech’s YouTube video? It looks a bit too tight for my comforts there! Thanks in advance for any info!

Yeah we gave it more clearance as well as switched to a better riser cable (adapted to our use-case with extra shielding in that exact area) 😁 Check it out below:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Were the lighting equipment able to make it to you guys? Excited to see new pictures!

There must be something wrong with that particular package, since it too got lost...what's the odds of this happening? We're looking for alternative lighting now 🥲

Anyhu, HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! 😄😄

YdderMkIV

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2020
Something unfortunate happened.

I don't think it's efficient to wait for the lights anymore.

It's easy to deliver details with cell phone cameras.

Please post a picture of the stealth.
Don't get your hopes up they'll just continue to miss literally every deadline they've set for themselves and say​
"(Odin/Thor/[Insert Norse God])'s (beard/hammer/accessory)!! Who could have seen this coming!?!?"
and then rinse and repeat. Until this case gets into my hands I'll just consider it vaporware. And even then, no reviewer has seen it, so who really knows what the quality of the case is like​

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
There's this little thing in 2020 that happened called COVID-19, just sayin'... that tends to delay lots of production.
Even big batch stuff like PS5s have been delayed due to the pandemic.

Also Kickstarter isn't a store, it's a platform to back up and coming projects. Most people on KS have little to no experience with manufacturing/production, QA, distribution, taxes and widescale shipping so it's always been a risk that production gets delayed or altered, this is nothing new.

I think most of us are disappointed in the slow progress of the Mjolnir, but Alex has been decently responsive on most questions given to the team.