• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

CATastrophe

What's an ITX?
Dec 9, 2018
I know it many of companies would like to keep it confidential but still I would ask as I won't be able to sleep, what do u think will be the ratio of people that subscribe to the email to actually buy it and how big is ur list

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I know it many of companies would like to keep it confidential but still I would ask as I won't be able to sleep, what do u think will be the ratio of people that subscribe to the email to actually buy it and how big is ur list

I'll have to keep the numbers confidential as well ? The biggest question is how many people have dropped out because we cancelled the first campaign? ? Still, with Youtube reviews that drop should be covered.

Oh boi, can't wait for that. Did you guys already decide which youtuber will get the case? You prob considered and maybe planned it already but just in case: OptimumTech should get one for testing as well :)

Stay tuned friend, you won't be disappointed with the choices ? Although I have to admit we won't be sending the cases to nexus gamers... Those guys are absolut legends when it comes to hard core super controlled testing, but I have a strong feeling that the aesthetics and premiumness of MJOLNIR will be overlooked ?

Reactions: Kuzan

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Are the final dimensions set in stone? If so, could you please share them as I’m looking to get a carry case for it. Cheers

Yes they are, sure here you go! ?

Dimensions
354mm (13.9") x 209mm (8.2") x 131mm (5.1")

Volume
9.7 liters

Weight – With Aluminium Panels
3.9 kg

Weight – With Glass Panels
3.0 kg

Reactions: quetzacoatlx

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
What is the expected release date for the case? And if we preorder on day 1 when can we expect to receive them? October- November?

Ps: keep up the good work guys! Your case looks truly awesome!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What is the expected release date for the case? And if we preorder on day 1 when can we expect to receive them? October- November?

Ps: keep up the good work guys! Your case looks truly awesome!

The cases will ship 4-5 months after Kickstarter campaign end. As for the release on Kickstarter, it will launch in 1-2 months (have to finish the anodizing, send the cases of to reviewers, snap epic pics and prepare the campaign) ?

Thank you very much friend!

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
I'm glad the problem is settled.

There has been an excessive shortage of information in the last two months.

Some of my friends even ask if the project was canceled.

There were at least eight buyers I can guarantee and they all participated in the first funding.

But now there are only two left.

More aggressive advertising is needed.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm glad the problem is settled.

There has been an excessive shortage of information in the last two months.

Some of my friends even ask if the project was canceled.

There were at least eight buyers I can guarantee and they all participated in the first funding.

But now there are only two left.

More aggressive advertising is needed.

Still waiting for the parts (they have been at the import desk for 1 week now). We'll revamp the hype once the project gets closer to launch, there are several things planned :)

Our email list has almost doubled since the last launch, so that + some endgame cool stuff should do it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brude27

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hope its going well with the prototype parts, I guess according to the schedule they should be returning from anodizing soon.

With the increasing relevance of PCIe 4.0 over the next few years, will you be sourcing 4.0 compatible riser cables?

Reactions: Sashby

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hope its going well with the prototype parts, I guess according to the schedule they should be returning from anodizing soon.

With the increasing relevance of PCIe 4.0 over the next few years, will you be sourcing 4.0 compatible riser cables?

This is unbelievable, the parts (anodizing test) are still stuck at the customs office...2 weeks now. I have called them and they say that this is due to heavy traffic right now. Will use a different carrier the next time (FedEx should not have this problem) ? As soon as they arrive at the doorstep I'll send all parts to the anodizer and then hopefully we'll be back on schedule.

Regarding PCIe 4.0, I'll talk to Li-Heat as see what's their plan. Most likely we'll switch once they do.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
This is unbelievable, the parts (anodizing test) are still stuck at the customs office...2 weeks now. I have called them and they say that this is due to heavy traffic right now. Will use a different carrier the next time (FedEx should not have this problem) ? As soon as they arrive at the doorstep I'll send all parts to the anodizer and then hopefully we'll be back on schedule.

Regarding PCIe 4.0, I'll talk to Li-Heat as see what's their plan. Most likely we'll switch once they do.

Ooof, i feel your pain on that one. Been waiting on a custom part that's been stuck with Parcelforce since the 11th.

Looking forward to seeing more of the case, gonna be some really nice builds in it.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
2 months of anodizing, where did you send your cases? to China?

According to your timetable, it looks like we won't hold this case in our hands before sometime in February 2020...

Thing is, first we had to find a good anodizer (which we found in Ukraine), this took a while since we tested several different ones. Instead of things moving on smoothly from there on....our parts got stuck at the customs office of our national carrier, they have been stuck there for 3 weeks now. This is beyond annoying, but we're pretty much powerless in this case ?

We'll use Fedex from now one, they don't have this insane issue with customs hold ups.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Thing is, first we had to find a good anodizer (which we found in Ukraine), this took a while since we tested several different ones. Instead of things moving on smoothly from there on....our parts got stuck at the customs office of our national carrier, they have been stuck there for 3 weeks now. This is beyond annoying, but we're pretty much powerless in this case ?

We'll use Fedex from now one, they don't have this insane issue with customs hold ups.

I also had my fair share of grief from PostNord during my stay in Sweden so I feel your pain. Are there any developments for the non-prototype chassis, or is it just a matter of a waiting game for the prototypes, reviews, kickstarter before anything real happens?

I was just curious, but did you guys ever consider partnering up with another case manufacturer that produces similar cases. Streacom comes to mind with their signature anodized aluminium look that is most resembling the mjolnir. I just thought since other boutique cases like DAN and NCase went through Lian Li that there must be good economical sense to do so.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I also had my fair share of grief from PostNord during my stay in Sweden so I feel your pain. Are there any developments for the non-prototype chassis, or is it just a matter of a waiting game for the prototypes, reviews, kickstarter before anything real happens?

I was just curious, but did you guys ever consider partnering up with another case manufacturer that produces similar cases. Streacom comes to mind with their signature anodized aluminium look that is most resembling the mjolnir. I just thought since other boutique cases like DAN and NCase went through Lian Li that there must be good economical sense to do so.

Yeah ever since they implemented the "China fee" all packages from outside of the EU have had delays (heard of nightmare scenarios of up to 3 months) ? Yes now it's a waiting game, but luckily the parts just got released from custom ? We have considered it, but as of right now it looks like we will produce the cases with our own manufacturing partners.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys, time for an update! ?

Sorry for the lack of updates in the past 2 months, I blame at least 50% on poor / slow PostNord shipping. Anyways, the samples have now been examined and we're very happy with the anodizing quality. However, because we're using different alloys it will be hard to create that "space gray" / DARK anodizing for the prototypes, especially if we want the parts to match with each other. The anno-shop told us that they would do their best, but if there are color match problems the parts will be anodized in black.

Natural light

Fluorescent light

The shells are packed and ready for final anodizing!

I'll send the package today (Monday 5th of August). After that its 10 days shipping + 2 weeks anodizing (max) + 1 weeks of shipping back to us. Stay tuned for more and let me know if you have anything on your mind ?

Best,
Alex