• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Hexxagram

Trash Compacter
Jul 8, 2018
Send a review unit to Dmitry of Hardware Canucks because those guys love ITX cases. Don't go with JayzTwoCents, he is not a fan.

Reactions: AlexTzone

synchronos

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2019
I still have one question: how is the computer turned on with this chassis? Is that small circular shape below the mobo IO board on the back panel a standby switch, or is it just a screw hole?

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
I still have one question: how is the computer turned on with this chassis? Is that small circular shape below the mobo IO board on the back panel a standby switch, or is it just a screw hole?

it is indeed the power button.

Reactions: AlexTzone and Sahaj

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Lol XD Sorry for the late reply friend!

Is there a rough time when the Kickstart would launch?

We aim for roughly 5 months from now :thumb:

Send a review unit to Dmitry of Hardware Canucks because those guys love ITX cases. Don't go with JayzTwoCents, he is not a fan.

Dimitry is absolutely fantastic, but Jayz work on Louqe got massive exposure :eek: I think we have nailed down one technical review now, what's left is to maximize exposure.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys, time for another update!

We have been playing around with different side panel designs, mainly to address concerns regarding the open area %. Check out below ideas:

Original design - V1

New design - V2.1

New design - V2.2

Side panel comparison

Top panel comparison

Which ones do you prefer aesthetically?

Strangely enough I personally prefer the V2.1, despite it being less symmetrical than V2.2. We have also tried out larger holes, but that makes MJOLNIR look like a piece of premium Swiss cheese (which belongs in the fridge, not your desk). Other designs we have tested were thin slots, non-uniform-sized holes, vertical slots, etc.

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
What about making all four panels (top, bottom, sides) using the current mesh panel design that you have for the bottom? At least as an option for those who want maximum airflow? You showed a picture with the mesh on top....could you do a render with the mesh on all four sides?

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
As I see it, your main intake is at the bottom with filters and your main exhaust is the front of the case. Do any of these proposed side panels make meaningful differences to temps?

If there is a substantial gain, my vote is V2.1

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
What about making all four panels (top, bottom, sides) using the current mesh panel design that you have for the bottom? At least as an option for those who want maximum airflow? You showed a picture with the mesh on top....could you do a render with the mesh on all four sides?

Yep. This was my idea too.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone

I have no preference over v2.1 or 2.2, so I will give my vote to 2.1 to keep Alex happy :). I will say that I like the vent design much more than v1 so great job.

My only suggestion would be is to expand the vents to at least up to where v1 was and preferably more. I feel there is space for at least one more row on each side of the panels to vent the area further.

And the elephant in the room is would you consider doing the same pattern on the tempered glass panels?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
@AlexTzone

I have no preference over v2.1 or 2.2, so I will give my vote to 2.1 to keep Alex happy :). I will say that I like the vent design much more than v1 so great job.

My only suggestion would be is to expand the vents to at least up to where v1 was and preferably more. I feel there is space for at least one more row on each side of the panels to vent the area further.

And the elephant in the room is would you consider doing the same pattern on the tempered glass panels?

It's nigh impossible to do that kind of patterning on glass without breaking it. You could laser cut something like that in a scratch resistant plastic if you were looking for something transparent.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
As I see it, your main intake is at the bottom with filters and your main exhaust is the front of the case.

Sorry, but two fails you got there...

How is it that the main intake is the bottom? Both the GPU and CPU fans will want to draw air from the sides. Your assertion is true only for the optional liquid AIO cooler and that is only for the CPU...

How is that the main exhaust is the front? There is absolutely no air path towards the front. On the contrary, front is likely to have inflow of air (particularly true for glass panels) for the PSU and the optional liquid AIO cooler. The main exhaust will be the top, without a doubt.

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
I think V2.1 looks better than V1.
Wonder if the RGB glow would be visible from these bigger side panel vents & how that would look?