• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
aaaaaannnnd @AlexTzone has cancelled the Kickstarter for now and taken your advice on it, which is a great thing imho. cant wait to get on the Kickstarter again!
Yeah I just got the email.
I think it's the right move, before waiting til 25 days in and realising, but getting ahead now so they can relaunch it ASAP with more community outreach via some of the more prominent content creators.

I'm happy to wait, and I'll definitely re-pledge for a full case when it re-launches.
Thanks Alex for truly listening to the community, even if it means delaying your dreams more, it will only result in more support and a more outstanding product.

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
This is my first time posting in these forums. I signed up because I would like to see this project succeed and give my opinion if it helps. The design, quality and thickness of the materials for the best structural integrity possible are things I look for in a case and few deliver.

But functionality being as important as design and quality, is the reason I am reluctant to fully support this project. The 2 things that would make me purchase this case are compatibility for two 120x25mm fans in the bottom for better air flow and at least 70mm CPU Cooler clearance for a Noctua NH-L12S or similar cooler. This will also improve on the very small space between a 120mm radiator and PSU cables.

Admittedly, I have never built an SFF PC but would love to start with a case like this. I understand that with SFF PC's there are some compromises, but a case also marketed for High-End Components should make air flow a top priority. I say this with kindness, and hope it helps.

DON'T GIVE UP!

25mm lower fan and 70mm cooler support would make this case quite a significant amount bigger (2 additional liters in case volume), and I don't think having more clearance directly addresses any of the potential thermal and airflow issues. If you're using a hot CPU, 120mm AIO is going to be your best bet, 70mm clearance or not.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
With exposure to a fresh platform (Kickstarter) it is great to see some fresh input on what the case should or shouldn't be. I am sure there will be many-a-discussion about how each individual sees as an ideal case. It is sad to see the campaign ended the way it did, but obviously 30 % funding across 4-5 days wasn't painting a good future so this is clearly the best option.

Interested to see what the improvements in the product will be. Anybody serious about cooling would/should not consider the glass panels anyway since even bottom intake fans will not be able to help you even with extra height if the fans of the respective devices are so close to the panel (see my video on page 26: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...i-itx-case-thor-zone.3500/page-26#post-127033). And so in my opinion the reviewers should not receive the glass panels since that is very easily the weak spot of this case, and reviewers will not be shy to talk about it.

Some of my own learning points with regards to Kickstarter were the following

- Kickstarter only allows one pledge option, and therefore rewards must be structured in a way that do not assume you select more than one option (one option for the case, another for the panels, as an example)

- VAT confusion took on by many for those outside of the EU, especially with relationship to early bird pledges. Having a pledge for EU and non-EU was an okay solution, but made scrolling through the list a bit tedious. Obviously having this from the start with the respective early-bird pledges would be desirable for next time.

- A personal pet peeve of mine (while I still backed the case) was that the pricing on the poll above was not inclusive of VAT in the first place. People from the EU were greeted with a higher price than expected and people from non-EU countries were left wondering about how to get VAT back. I think quoting the VAT inclusive price first so that the EU people know what to expect and then giving the non-EU people a pleasant surprise with a lower price would have been a better way around this.

- 5:1 non-RGB to RGB ratio

Zephyraeon

Caliper Novice
Nov 15, 2018
I hope they do end up relaunching the Kickstarter, I absolutely love how this case looks and would love to downsize my SO’s PC to fit in one. I didn’t back this campaign mainly due to the price - couldn’t afford it so soon after an unexpectedly expensive holiday period. I am a bit concerned about the thermals too if I’m honest.

Reactions: Kmpkt

WPOTC

Case Bender
Jan 7, 2019
Not being to innovate upon what the Ghost S1 is a big problem. the short cooler height excluding the Noctua L12, lack of thermal testing, and forcing a slim fan under the mobo, really hurt the project and prevented a lot of people from pulling the trigger, aside from the price. I do hope they fix these issues, and I'll for sure be an early bird backer again. Also, I personally didn't like the location of the power button being in the back. It's just really inconvenient. Not sure if this is a problem for others but my friend and I really didn't like the idea. Please put that in the front. A quality button with an LED would be amazing. And don't be like Louqe and cheap out on the power button. A quality button like Caselabs had would be awesome.

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
also perhaps you (@AlexTzone) could consider placing the PSU on the bottom and the AIO/fan on the top instead? im not sure if that would be a hassle or would interfere with other components, but ive seen some people stating that they're staying away from the case due to the position of the AIO and the fans. Also would it be possible to increase the width of the case slightly more to accomodate taller coolers like the Noctua NH-L12?
Going down this route, perhaps it would also open up the opportunity for users to shift the position of the mobo plate either to the left or to the right to accomodate either a larger CPU cooler or a thicker GPU. i know its a major(?) design over haul, but it might be something to look into to attract more people to the case

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
25mm lower fan and 70mm cooler support would make this case quite a significant amount bigger (2 additional liters in case volume), and I don't think having more clearance directly addresses any of the potential thermal and airflow issues. If you're using a hot CPU, 120mm AIO is going to be your best bet, 70mm clearance or not.

I agree, 120mm AIO is the best cooling method. Even then, doesn’t it look a bit too tight? Seems it would benefit from a bit more space.

As for air cooling, I still think that 70mm would be appropriate, especially since it’s being marketed as an air cooling case also. Perhaps 65-66mm clearance for an NH-L9x65 or NH-L12 would be a good compromise.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys!

Glad everybody got the news :) Sad to see the campaign canceled ofc, but all the more reasons to do it right this time around! First hour of Kickstarter was a mind-blowing experience in itself, @dondan can't begin to understand how you must have felt getting full funding within 5 mins for v2 (I would have had a heart attack for sure) XD

I was pretty sure the probability of success was low by midnight (based on how the numbers were developing), but we wanted to give it a couple of days just to be sure. And yes @JohnCA I did read your post, talked to the team and decided it was time (the timing was not a coincidence XD).

We're happy with the looks of MJOLNIR I and its current functionality. But there is one more significant upgrade possibility left in order to maximize utility of this design. This will not affect pricing. Give me some time to work it in and present it to you!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the support in the past 4 days! Now lets do this the right way, all the way ;)

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
Heey guys!

Glad everybody got the news :) Sad to see the campaign canceled ofc, but all the more reasons to do it right this time around! First hour of Kickstarter was a mind-blowing experience in itself, @dondan can't begin to understand how you must have felt getting full funding within 5 mins for v2 (I would have had a heart attack for sure) XD

I was pretty sure the probability of success was low by midnight (based on how the numbers were developing), but we wanted to give it a couple of days just to be sure. And yes @JohnCA I did read your post, talked to the team and decided it was time (the timing was not a coincidence XD).

I'm happy with the looks of MJOLNIR I and its current functionality. But there is one more significant upgrade possibility left in order to maximize utility of this design. This will not affect pricing. Give me some time to work it in and present it to you!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the support in the past 4 days! Now lets do this the right way, all the way ;)

Best,
Alex

i really hate to say this especially at this very early stage when the cases aren't in production yet and we have yet to see how you would manage communication between your customers, but up to this point, i really admire your attitude and approach to this matter and in general. please don't be disheartened by what happened to the campaign, every step along the way is an opportunity for something greater ahead! can't wait to see what's the significant upgrade you've got under your sleeves :)

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
i really hate to say this especially at this very early stage when the cases aren't in production yet and we have yet to see how you would manage communication between your customers, but up to this point, i really admire your attitude and approach to this matter and in general.
Couldn't agree more. I think Alex's openness to take all feedback and criticism seriously and without taking it to heart is amazing! This is a big reason as to why I want to support this project. I love the design and the case looks unlike anything I've seen build wise, but after backing Louqe and how communication was spotty at best quite a lot of the time, to the point I cancelled my order after nothing for like 2 months and no ETA, I really value open communication, honesty and a team that stands with its community and takes all ideas seriously and into consideration.

I hope this continues this way the whole way through the project. I feel strongly that it will, but time will tell.

Very curious on the mystery upgrade, can't wait to see what that is.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone

I know this is going to start a whole new hoard of "pick me! pick me!" kind of posts, but I also may think there may be benefit in doing a sort of closed off sampling within the community here that isn't part of a larger youtube audience. Having a 2nd opinion of a few select SFF seasoned builders may be beneficial to iron out some glaring errors without attracting the negativity of youtube reviewers

Reactions: AlexTzone

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
@AlexTzone

I know this is going to start a whole new hoard of "pick me! pick me!" kind of posts, but I also may think there may be benefit in doing a sort of closed off sampling within the community here that isn't part of a larger youtube audience. Having a 2nd opinion of a few select SFF seasoned builders may be beneficial to iron out some glaring errors without attracting the negativity of youtube reviewers
imho i think that sending it out to youtubers would give a whole lot more exposure to a larger audience instead of users within this community. part of the reason why the Kickstarter hasn't had much backers were imo because it was only talked about on SFForums more than any other platforms

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
imho i think that sending it out to youtubers would give a whole lot more exposure to a larger audience instead of users within this community. part of the reason why the Kickstarter hasn't had much backers were imo because it was only talked about on SFForums more than any other platforms

Yes and that is why it is important to give the youtubers a near perfect product. The SFF community can help out iron out the issues, youtubers shouldnt be finding any. I didnt mean not send it out to youtubers, its just the step before a public audience.

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
Yes and that is why it is important to give the youtubers a near perfect product. The SFF community can help out iron out the issues, youtubers shouldnt be finding any. I didnt mean not send it out to youtubers, its just the step before a public audience.
ah that makes perfect sense! i was under the impression that you're asking @AlexTzone to send out the cases to the users within this community only

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Really appreciate the encouragement here guys, can't even begin to explain how much you've helped me to keep cool (for instance after getting slaughtered on Reddit etc XD). Developing something great should be hard, and you guys make it easier both through amazing feedback / constructive criticisms and encouragement. Big thank you from me & THOR ZONE team :)

@For_Science That is a great idea indeed, my only hurdle is that the prototype is insanely expensive to produce (even for 7 peeps) due to the unibody enclosure. Still, it would be smart so let me think about it a bit. If not this time, then definitely in future revisions :thumb:

Best,
Alex

Reactions: denzle

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Btw can anyone guess what the "mysterious significant" upgrade is? ;)

Michael

Average Stuffer
Jan 3, 2016
I also think reward tiers with early backer perks end up hurting the campaign more than helping them. I know, strictly speaking for myself, I felt lucky that I got in early and got it at a cheaper price. I know I would not have backed the campaign if I had not. I would have felt like I missed out and not want to pay more than other people for the same product. I would have enough early backer spots to hit your goal price and then the other spots remaining for people who still really want the case after the fact. Good luck in your next run!