Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
For reference the feet on the Ncase M1 are about 15mm in height

I think it's about 10mm clearance for the M1, I just measured mine. And that's barely enough. I think 1cm is the bare minimum for any sort of half-decent airflow.

People buying this case have money and will be putting in overclocked 9900Ks and even X299 CPUs in it, I think it's worth the extra 5mm to actually avail of the cooling capacity of the case.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I think it's about 10mm clearance for the M1, I just measured mine. And that's barely enough. I think 1cm is the bare minimum for any sort of half-decent airflow.

I've come to accept the small feet of the Mjolnir I as is. For those that seek to increase the height can liberally do so by getting some rubber pads (or something like that) to improve the bottom intake. Also, as mentioned in a post way back, an interesting way to use the Mjolnir I would be to have it so that the motherboard I/O side faces the table surface (need to make some kind of feet for this) and then all the "side" and "top and bottom" as we know it now, become "sides".

Yes, the Mjolnir will likely be overall a negative pressure case, but that in my opinion is fine. The Mjolnir I will be an incredibly easy case to de-dust since you can literally rip the whole guts out, dust it out, and put it back in. That is the beauty of this design that uses a "shell" chassis that you can just unsheathe very easily (once you get the panels on anyway).

My only thing is personally I would like to get my hands on two mesh filter panels, @AlexTzone , If there is a way to do this in future, or somehow even within the scope of the Kickstarter campaign, please let me know as I would be very interested.

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
At first we wanted to go with SP105E, but later switched to SP110E due to its significantly smaller size. You can see it through the top tempered glass panel here (small white rectangular shape on top of the PSU). Will will most likely create custom UI / App in the close future.

Really appreciate the support!

Do you know if the LEDS you guys are using are asus aura compatable? in case i end up just getting rid of the box cause it seems like a bit of an eye sore.

I was also wondering if it is possible to add panels (or buy extra panels separately) to the early bird specials or like in the future; also dust filters.

really hope funding goes well guys!

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
Do you know if the LEDS you guys are using are asus aura compatable? in case i end up just getting rid of the box cause it seems like a bit of an eye sore.

I was also wondering if it is possible to add panels (or buy extra panels separately) to the early bird specials or like in the future; also dust filters.

really hope funding goes well guys!

See my previous comment, these are standard LEDs that should work with Aura:

The RGB controller they're using appears to be this one. Not sure if they're using a custom UI, maybe Alex can answer.

The LEDs appear to be WS2812B addressable LEDs, which are also adaptable to standard 3 pin addressable LED headers on motherboards. If you have supported components you can probably control them with LED sync software like Asus Aura.

Reactions: dlal1520

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
So excited the case is finally up and I reckon the estimated ship date aligns nicely with a new PC build.

$500 is a lot of money, but I feel like you have the build quality, design and materials to actually honour that price, so as soon as I check over my budget for the month I reckon I'm gonna jump in on the basic case. I'm done with RGB now I think and my next system will likely rock an ASRock Phantom Gaming motherboard with some TForce Xtreme memory for the matte black feels :D

Congrats Alex and I really hope you got your goal and then some. I mean 2 days in and you're a third of the way there, so it's looking good :D

EDIT: Fuck it, I've been waiting for this case too damn long and this gives me 9 months to plan a new build, backed for a base model case :D

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
!

Was wondering the same thing...I'm thinking of the glass side panels with the mesh panel on the top and bottom, and intake fans on the bottom to move air up and out. Please consider making the mesh panel as an extra option.

Love the case so far.
Thanks.

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
I want to know the normal standard edition whether it does include dust filters to justify the price?
please go through the Kickstarter campaign page as it is clearly stated there.

"...RGB lighting. All editions will have fully detachable internal frames, reversible layout, custom dust filters and support for both air coolers and 120 mm AIOs."​

Last edited:
Reactions: danny.nguyen

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
See my previous comment, these are standard LEDs that should work with Aura:

My bad, meant if they came with the headers necessary to plug straight into the mobo, or if we needed a converter for them. Ik some rgb strips need the b and g wires switched for asus mobos.

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
My bad, meant if they came with the headers necessary to plug straight into the mobo, or if we needed a converter for them. Ik some rgb strips need the b and g wires switched for asus mobos.

Not sure which connector they're using, looks like a 3-pin JST-SM from the video but maybe Alex can answer that.

For pinouts, these are addressable LEDs, so they have [+5v, Data, GND]. Asus uses [+5v, Data, Not Connected, GND]. Addressable LED's are new-ish on motherboards so I haven't been able to find a premade adapter, but it's fairly simple to make your own.

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
Not sure which connector they're using, looks like a 3-pin JST-SM from the video but maybe Alex can answer that.

For pinouts, these are addressable LEDs, so they have [+5v, Data, GND]. Asus uses [+5v, Data, Not Connected, GND]. Addressable LED's are new-ish on motherboards so I haven't been able to find a premade adapter, but it's fairly simple to make your own.

Oh ya I totally forgot they are addressable now, rn i have the first aura iteration board which required a weird header adpter when using some of the cable-mod compatible leds. So the addressable are a standard so it should be fine.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Yeah, I don't mean to nitpick and be negative, I'm just sharing my honest feedback. The only reason I'd choose this case over the A4 is for the bottom intake fans + window panels, which solves the air pressure/dust control/CPU cooling/looks issues of the A4. Unfortunately with only 5mm of clearance, airflow from those bottom 120mm fans will be greatly reduced, rendering them almost useless. And for me that completely negates the whole point of the case. I doubt you'd even get better temperatures with a 120 AIO than with a high performance air cooler, e.g. the C7 Cu + A9x14 given the severe airflow restriction.

And I'm not interested in flipping the layout upside down. I don't want my GPU hanging upside down and I don't want to have negative pressure or intake from the top. And DIY solutions are not why I'd spend $350 on a portable case.

I know the design won't change, I'm just letting you know why I won't be buying it, and I suspect others will have the same concern.

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
Yeah, I don't mean to nitpick and be negative, I'm just sharing my honest feedback. The only reason I'd choose this case over the A4 is for the bottom intake fans + window panels, which solves the air pressure/dust control/CPU cooling/looks issues of the A4. Unfortunately with only 5mm of clearance, airflow from those bottom 120mm fans will be greatly reduced, rendering them almost useless. And for me that completely negates the whole point of the case. I doubt you'd even get better temperatures with a 120 AIO than with a high performance air cooler, e.g. the C7 Cu + A9x14 given the severe airflow restriction.

And I'm not interested in flipping the layout upside down. I don't want my GPU hanging upside down and I don't want to have negative pressure or intake from the top. And DIY solutions are not why I'd spend $350 on a portable case.

I know the design won't change, I'm just letting you know why I won't be buying it, and I suspect others will have the same concern.

@AlexTzone

I agree with Quantum regarding the intake clearance. While the solution of users making their own rubber standoffs does work to increase airflow into the case, and I personally don't mind a bit of case modification, it is a definite hassle to deal with, and most people paying $350+ for a PC case won't want to have to DIY solutions for any problems that may arise.

I've also had several people respond on Reddit and Twitter worried about airflow issues, and I think you could be losing a large portion of potential customers by not directly addressing the problems in your promotional material. I would recommend extending the case feet/clearance to allow for better airflow, as well as taking a good hard look at how air is moving around your prototype case. You can get a decent thermal camera for a $100-$200 that would allow you to locate thermal issues (FLIR One is a good choice for this), and taking slow-mo footage of smoke moving through the case will let you see where potential problems are occurring (even just a smartphone slow-mo video is good enough). Start with the 92mm prototype and go from there, it will give you a baseline for what to look for on the 120mm prototype.

If you're noticing issues with thermal and airflow tests, then good! You can address them. If there's no issues, then you can use that footage and test data in your promotional material. SFFPC buyers are smarter than the average PC builder, and will definitely appreciate measurements more than a marketing video. Even if someone doesn't understand the data, the fact that you took time to test it can reassure people.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
please go through the Kickstarter campaign page as it is clearly stated there.

"...RGB lighting. All editions will have fully detachable internal frames, reversible layout, custom dust filters and support for both air coolers and 120 mm AIOs."​
Didn’t read it there. Thanks for that.

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
2 days after selling literally zero extra cases on KS, I think it's pretty clear you guys won't reach the goal at this rhythm, unless a big luck strikes you. So, may I suggest some tips to improve your chances?

- Work your ass on Social Media and advertising. Look for big profiles/pages, maybe even some Tech websites, and ask them to repost about your case KS;
- Be more active on the places you've posted about your product (here, for example). Some people might be just waiting your answer to decide the buy;
- Most importantly: Send your current prototype immediately to a Youtuber (you once said that you convinced Optimum Tech). Even if it isn't the final version, a video review may boost your KS a lot if it comes up at least 1 week before it ends.

OR... You can just wait a few more days to make sure, cancel the campaign, and try it again the correct way in some months (just like Louqe did).
Many have warned you that a complete prototype, proper testing and youtuber reviews are very important to a crowdfunding campaign, but you decided to rush it. I'm impressed how you've worked on the 3d design for almost 1 year, and just a couple months on prototyping, which is the most important part. Also, how your overhyped Instagram didn't help much on the sells, so you clearly focused on the wrong things.

Anyway, please take this criticism positevely, I'm only trying to help you succeed. It's ok not getting it completely right at the first try, live and learn ;)

Last edited:

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
2 days after selling literally zero extra cases on KS, I think it's pretty clear you guys won't reach the goal at this rhythm, unless a big luck strikes you. So, may I suggest some tips to improve your chances?

I feel like SmallFormFactor.net or someone in the tech media should do a detailed post-mortem on the Loque (first) and MJOLNIR campaigns. Really surprised to see this happen again within the same small community. Obviously there needs to be a cautionary tale told here.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
This is my first time posting in these forums. I signed up because I would like to see this project succeed and give my opinion if it helps. The design, quality and thickness of the materials for the best structural integrity possible are things I look for in a case and few deliver.

But functionality being as important as design and quality, is the reason I am reluctant to fully support this project. The 2 things that would make me purchase this case are compatibility for two 120x25mm fans in the bottom for better air flow and at least 70mm CPU Cooler clearance for a Noctua NH-L12S or similar cooler. This will also improve on the very small space between a 120mm radiator and PSU cables.

Admittedly, I have never built an SFF PC but would love to start with a case like this. I understand that with SFF PC's there are some compromises, but a case also marketed for High-End Components should make air flow a top priority. I say this with kindness, and hope it helps.

DON'T GIVE UP!

Reactions: br3nd0

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I agree with the above, I love the case and I have backed because I want to see this succeed, but I think there is a massive community being missed which sending out some of the early prototypes to popular media and youtubers would help boost. Not going to flog a dead horse, but as the above pointed out, this really helped Louqe get their funding so would be worth considering.