• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Would a hdplex400 fit where the dual 2.5 tray (remove it) is at the front? So if we use a m2 nvme instead of ssd in tray and an hdplex400 instead of sfx psu we can possibly fit an aio liquid cooler in sfx psu space.

Can someone provide accurate dimensions for the hdplex 400? As soon as I have them I'll check whether or not this would work :)

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Those are some magnificent shots. Now that the keystone piece is done how long will it take to see all the parts come in?

Thanks a lot!! :D

In short
About 90% of all parts should be here within 3 weeks.​

More descriptive answer
We are currently working on the color "DARK" and determining the appropriate anodizing finish, basically we have reordered that exact same part again but in a different tone. Once this is done and we & you are satisfied with the color we'll be good to go on the rest of the parts. This part should be here within a week.
When will 100% of the parts be here
Well the part that takes real time and effort to create in the unibody enclosure, because it's produced with casting. This is not as easy to prototype quickly and requires a bit of tinkering in order to avoid deformations due to metal shrinkage, flow, etc. We can 3D print it, but that's cheating. It should be made of metal like intended, this will also eliminate the need for us to learn these things post-Kickstarter and thus decrease the risk of delays :thumb:

Best,
Alex

Last edited:
Reactions: br3nd0

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys, time for an important one!

This is a big day - below piece of machined & bead-blasted aluminium is the first part to ever be created for MJOLNIR I! I shiver at the thought of how many calculations went into making this one part, seeing as almost every other component of MJOLNIR I is dependent on it. It's not as sexy as the unibody enclosure will be...but it sure is the most complex. Anyways, I personally think it turned out quite beautiful, what do you think?

* NOTE: I don't have the best camera so the images have a bit of noise *

I marked the part in blue so that it's easier to understand how it's connected.

Now we just need to finish the rest! We'll update you as soon as anything new turns up :)

Best,
Alex

Is that CNC milled? hoo boy thats pricy

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey guys, MORE PROTOTYPE!

Another big day - this piece is identical to the previous one but in anodized dark gray. IMHO I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, it's exactly what we had in mind for MJOLNIR I in DARK color. What do you think?

* NOTE: I don't have the best camera so the images have a bit of noise (iPhone 6S+) *

Here's a pic of the two color (STEEL and DARK) next to each other.

I marked the part in blue so that it's easier to understand how it's connected.

The rest of the internal frame will be shipped very soon! We'll update you as soon as anything new turns up (except for screws and washers, not so exciting XD).

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I demand beautiful pictures of screws and washers!

Check them out below, these are the type of screws and washers you will find in MJOLNIR I. Got to give it to the supplier, these are some very nice high quality screws. Aligned them carefully with a pair of tweezers XD

I love how the dark color turned out. Really excited how the entire project will come together!

Awesome, happy that you like it!! The rest of the internal frame will be shipped 22nd of August. The enclosure has a lead time of 12 days + 1 week shipping, going to give it a green light as soon as everything is clear to the supplier :cool:

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked before, but with the new 2080/ti rtx line dropped, what are the max dimensions for gpus that the case will be able to hold?

Reactions: AlexTzone

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked before, but with the new 2080/ti rtx line dropped, what are the max dimensions for gpus that the case will be able to hold?

The first post of the thread states:

GPUs max-size
  • (L-H-W): 300 mm (from PCIe bracket) x 141 mm (from bottom of PCIe bracket) x 40 mm (without backplate)

Nvidia spec sheet for 2080ti is 266.74mm. I think it’ll fit bob.

We’ll see on the AIB partner cards. Height might be worriesome but who knows.

Reactions: AlexTzone