Missing Screws - Help

Rickers

Case Bender
Original poster
Dec 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I just received my A4 v4 today and was going over what was included... In the manual it shows that I should receive, in the screw bag, 8x M3 Countersunk screws, 8x M3 Trusshead screws, 4x C6-32 Power Supply screws.

Sounds good to me, the only issue is that I have received:
- 16 M3 Hard Drive Bay screws
- 3 Standoffs
- 29 M3 Countersunk screws
- 0 Power Supply screws
- 0 M3 Trusshead screws

This means I can’t even mount my power supply... or install my motherboard. Am I missing something? Was there meant to be ANOTHER bag of screws too?

I was super excited to get this case, really sucks that this has happened :(

Dan please help

- Rickers

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I will send you a new bag. Meanwhile please use the included hdd screws for the motherboard and for the psu the 4x 6-32 screws that comes with the psu.

Regards
Dsniel

arormominon

What's an ITX?
Jul 16, 2019
Hi all,

the same happened to me. I thought I was going crazy and was about to accept that I must have lost a second screw bag with M3 trusshead and power supply screws when unpacking 'in a frenzy', though the abundance of countersunk screws made me curios... seems like I am not crazy after all ;)
Luckily my psu came with screws, and as suggested used some hdd screws for the mobo for now...
I'm in Germany and ordered through Caseking, you think it's worth contacting them to get the missing screws?

Thanks and regards

Arzak

Case Bender
New User
Nov 3, 2019
Dan,

If we have unfortunately lost case screws, is there any source online to purchase replacements?

I've misplaced the four bottom of the side panels M3 countersunk type screws.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Hey @dondan , I’ve just bought A4 sfx v4 second hand, however the previous owner didn’t send me any screws to mount ssd, psu and motherboard. What are the dimensions of M3 screws? I’m going to get them locally.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I will send you new one for free:

Just follow these steps: https://dan-cases.com/rma.html
I will send you a new screw package. Meanwhile you can use the HDD screws for attaching the motherboard and you can use the PSU screws that comes with your PSU.

tinypcrcool

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 31, 2020
You can't buy them. I think these are custom ones for Lian Li.

I tried the RMA with Dan Cases, but i bought the case second hand and maybe thats why over a month out I have no replay from Dan Cases.

So I emailed Lian Li, asked them if it was possible to just buy a set of replacement screws from them for the Dan A4 V3, and Baron Li over there said yes, asked if i wanted he could send an invoice, it was 15usd for me (pricey screws, but at this point i just wanted neaten up my build). I was so suprised that from the time I paid the invoice to today was less than 3 days, they sent the package FedEx espress it just arrived rn, and i can finally mount my ssd to the front and screw down the side panels on my A4...so if you need replacement screws thats an option.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry we have some troubles with shipping letter mail for tiny parts like screws from Germany to some locations like US, because of COVID-19. Only tracked package shipping is possible that is the factor 6 more expansive than letter mail. This is a real problem and currently I do not have a solution for it.