Mini Skeleton Remix in TINKERCAD

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
I've done a bit of tinkering over the years in tinkercad with my RC hobby but I threw this together in about.. 6 hours during a slow work day

Now it isn't a perfect replica its got a layout rework and I'm not.. THAT good at perfectly making shapes in tinkercad.

Now for specs
--ITX layout more similar to the dan case with using a flexible riser to put the gpu on the back side of the motherboard. In this case this layout is flipped 90o

--Still will use a pico PSU or dc-dc like I believe the original did.

--2.5" HD bracket under the motherboard then 2x 2.5" drives on the other side in the lower deck

--Case fan is roughly the same dimensions as noctua's NF-P14 flx

--With cpu hight limit of 56mm maybe can inch that out to 58mm if I make the top fan bezel thinner

--slim dvd mount on the base

--205mm wide X 230mm depth X 190mm tall

--gpu reference is aprox. to a 1080 mini

still need to figure out how the secure the pcie slot at the connector have no clue there and the pci brackets at the back maybe something slide adjustable to keep the front of the gpu from sagging dunno. Also need to fiddle with the motherboard tray so it can slide out or make the mid section exterior removable to make it easier to service the motherboard an when building.

Would put this in concepts but I don't really plan on making this but if I knew a better way to export the tinkercad files to a more usable cad format I'll put it up for someone to make their own and heck maybe better!

This was just a fun exercise in recreating the little case as I loved how it looked but it was just not a practical case back in the day. That an I don't need a whole insane amount of computers running!

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
Minor tinkering update threw together a few things to have a couple of cherry switches be the power an reset button also this would let a user install the status LEDs in the cherry mx slot for the LED.

--increased the vertical clearance to roughly 61.75mm give or take a few mm when printed.
--Motherboard tray now has a cutout and mount on the side for a li-heat A type flexible riser though no idea on the length that be needed
--Altered the side bars an hex panels to be a little closer to how the mini skeleton's are though will need to figure a good way to make those upper side bar cutouts if I REALLY want to
--Motherboard tray cutout to give room for the sata connections (hd will have to be rotated so the 90o sata power connector points up to not interfere with the gfx card )
--L notches/pegs are used for the front switch assembly so when the base an motherboard trays are in it will be locked in without screws

Think I've thought of a solution for how to access the motherboard and wonder what everyone else would think.

At the front were the IO is i'm thinking of having a bearing holder put into the side rung/half hoops so a bolt will run through an let the mid section be hinged at the front. Course I'd make sure theres about 7-8mm worth of material where the screw holds into the mid section to keep it strong enough and then something on the back side to hold it in place you wouldn't want to carry this case by the mid for sure.

Now I could only imagine how much each of these parts would cost through shapeways to be printed but it be one stout little case.

Reactions: TinyAudio