Log My K39/Velka 3 inspired custom SFF case design. (noob design)

Lilbertz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020

I design my custom case at TinkerCAD(it is lame?) cus I dont have any software to design a case and dont have the skills to use those software so opted for TinkerCAD because it is easy to use plus I just want to showcase my concept so I think I dont need a very accurate design like precise dimensions of the motherboard and the screws in a the case.

The internal layout of the case is similar to the Velka 3 or any sub-6 liter case where the motherboard and the graphics card are parallel to each other and the case is inspired from temperd glass or mesh front airflow cases.

I research about the dimensions of almost every component so it will be near to the real measurement of a case but failed to make it have precise layout/dimensions.
Please give me feedbac on my concept and feel free

Disclaimer: I am no engineer and I dont have any experience on how to make cases but I really like SFF cases and I'd like to also make one for myself as there are no cases that I really prefer me (the Formula Loli1 is nearly perfect for me though) and i just want to share my concept to everyone.

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Dec 30, 2019

I design my custom case at TinkerCAD(it is lame?) cus I dont have any software to design a case and dont have the skills to use those software so opted for TinkerCAD because it is easy to use plus I just want to showcase my concept so I think I dont need a very accurate design like precise dimensions of the motherboard and the screws in a the case.

The internal layout of the case is similar to the Velka 3 or any sub-6 liter case where the motherboard and the graphics card are parallel to each other and the case is inspired from temperd glass or mesh front airflow cases.

I research about the dimensions of almost every component so it will be near to the real measurement of a case but failed to make it have precise layout/dimensions.

Disclaimer: I am no engineer and I dont have any experience on how to make cases but I really like SFF cases and I'd like to also make one for myself as there are no cases that I really prefer me (the Formula Loli1 is nearly perfect for me though) and i just want to share my concept to everyone.
Great Case.
I also started my first designs in Tinkercad, but I switched to Fusion360 (The non Commercial version is for Free), Because you can do thing more precisely.
Here´s my 4.1L case with space for flex PSU and Low Profile GPU. Currently I have not made a specific Threat about that case

I started a few "Part Arrangements" for future Case layouts but I´m currently not skilled enough to make an Enclousure or Case around those arrangements. 😬
Maybe we could work together and build a Great Case.

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020

Not lame, badass. I've just cycled through a k39 and velka out of frustration for lack of viable case fans. front-mounted fans would be cool.

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Dec 30, 2019
hi. I´ve tried to recreate your idea in Fusion360. just the Basic Panels. Nothing Special:

if you wanna learn fusion360 we could work on Cases together.

Reactions: Arboreal

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
having a thought here, probably one that hasn't been done as its not a good one is take the design from @da_kom where the flex atx psu is below the GPU.
What if you used this design, but shrunk the dimensions down to only the height of the ITX motherboard, and then made it doe two-slot low profile GPU's only like the 1650 and 1050ti etc.
essentially ending up with a 160x160x100mm case, which would be like 2.5-2.6ltrs.

I guess this niche size and components options are already covered by slightly larger cases, or by those using dc12v PSU (think the Lone L5) but you could get the build very very small with this scenario.

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Dec 30, 2019
having a thought here, probably one that hasn't been done as its not a good one is take the design from @da_kom where the flex atx psu is below the GPU.
What if you used this design, but shrunk the dimensions down to only the height of the ITX motherboard, and then made it doe two-slot low profile GPU's only like the 1650 and 1050ti etc.
essentially ending up with a 160x160x100mm case, which would be like 2.5-2.6ltrs.

I guess this niche size and components options are already covered by slightly larger cases, or by those using dc12v PSU (think the Lone L5) but you could get the build very very small with this scenario.
Can you make a drawing of your idea? Do you know the J-Hack pure MK2? its also a very small case with just an itx MB and LP GPU, but with external Powerbrick.

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
I did a similar design but a little bigger as I used an SFX PSU and 120mm fans

The link to the whole thread is in my signature if you want some ideas on how things might fit at a larger scale.

Reactions: Da_Korn and DrLeroy

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Can you make a drawing of your idea? Do you know the J-Hack pure MK2? its also a very small case with just an itx MB and LP GPU, but with external Powerbrick.
I could model it, maybe i will one day.
external power brick ruins it for me, closest ive found was the L5 with internal power supply mod.

D

Deleted member 23607

That's a very nice design! What do you reckon the total volume would be, and what kinds of GPUs are you looking to accomodate? If you're going to make the case a upscale of the Velka 3, I'd recommend ensuring 200mm GPU clearance to fit the 3060 TI from EVGA, the smallest one available. I'm sure plenty would be pleased.

Reactions: Da_Korn